U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2008, 01:34 AM

124 posts, read 411,010 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard any news about the gun range in Wesley Chapel?
I've heard that Dr. Land was planning sue the town over.
Personally I hope he sues them blind and it bankrupts the town.
He was there long before we even thought about making this town and just because some whining yankees bought land without knowing what they were near does not give them the right to stop him from using his property as he sees fit.

I tried my damnest to keep the town from taking Stone Gate in, bit they wouldn't listen. Now look at how much trouble they cause.
Bitched and whined about a cell tower , then it was the electric sub-station, now Dr. Lands gun range.

I wonder what they'll find to cry about NEXT????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 05:40 AM

575 posts, read 1,349,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Ron View Post
He was there long before we even thought about making this town and just because some whining yankees bought land without knowing what they were near does not give them the right to stop him from using his property as he sees fit.

I tried my damnest to keep the town from taking Stone Gate in, bit they wouldn't listen. Now look at how much trouble they cause.
Bitched and whined about a cell tower , then it was the electric sub-station, now Dr. Lands gun range.

You might want to know that there is a person with political connections who also writes restaurant reviews, with an emphasis on the presence of crayons at tables and changing tables in mens bathrooms, for the Union County Weekly who initiated the Dr. Land controversy. She lives in StoneGate and is no yankee! Have you not noticed the anti Dr. Land bias in every story in that 'newspaper'?. Don't know if the editor Pat Higgins is a yankee, maybe you can enlighten me. What about the mayor of Wesley Chapel, is she a product of Manhattans upper east side? Dr. Land should stay but he is the object of an anti-gun lobby who failed in their efforts and now changed the topic to noise. Your whining yankee claims are as ignorant as the people who are fabricating a noise problem to achieve their original goal.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:44 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Ron View Post

This is old news on the forum

Stonegate subdivision off Newtown and shooting range contraversy (Union County)

Old 11-16-2008, 10:55 AM

124 posts, read 411,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Well yes I understand it's been talked about before, but it's clearly NOT over, I was wondering if anyone had heard anything lately.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:12 PM

7,181 posts, read 11,196,367 times
Congratulations Dr. Land!!!

According to News Channel 36, the Dr has won his case in the NC Court of Appeals. Yesterday, the court ruled the gun range is grandfathered in and the recent laws Wesley Chapel put in place to ban his range will not apply in this case.

So, the town of WC has flushed $80K of taxpayer money to try and ban this man from his legal and rightful hobby. Hah!!!

Old 08-04-2010, 09:48 PM

445 posts, read 678,755 times
That is good news.

Wondering where you got the info as I have not seen anything about it in the news.

I am out of town right now so maybe it was on the radio or TV and I missed it.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:00 PM

7,181 posts, read 11,196,367 times
Here you go: Gun range owner wins fight against town | WCNC.com | Charlotte News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | WCNC.com | News for Charlotte, NC

Old 08-05-2010, 08:00 AM

445 posts, read 678,755 times
Thank you Stripes!

Old 08-05-2010, 02:35 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,580,563 times
this is wonderful news !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte