Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 05:33 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,982,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
omg Im popping some vitamins and closing my self in a box

STAY AWAY STAY AWAY I hope you feel better
That's the funniest smiley I've ever seen!!!!! Tried to rep ya Sunny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 05:36 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,982,267 times
Trish, I hope you feel better soon and you have my sympathy.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:20 PM

380 posts, read 1,756,974 times
I am feeling better. Still weak. I have been so scared to eat anything. I keep picturing it coming up. Sorry, I know I am being gross. I haven't gotten sick again since 7 am and I have eaten. I am just so curious if it is poisoning or illness. No fever at all. No aches. Worse night of my life though.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:27 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,783,191 times
Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather. My littlest one and I have a stomach thing going on too. It's not as bad as what you have but still no fun. Feel better soon.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:34 PM

ssd3, Oh I am sorry to hear you and your little guy are feeling bad too. What I had was awlful. Really awlful. I hope the rest of the fam doesn't get it.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:06 PM

177 posts, read 552,595 times
Trishlee, When I had it I didn't have a fever either. I know what you mean about being scared to eat anything. I was the same way.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:16 AM

72 posts, read 238,326 times
I had it about 3 weeks ago, it was pure H*LL.... At first, my fiancee and I thought it was food poisoning, I had cooked some prepackaged chicken along with some fresh veggies and rice on a Thursday evening. He went home, I went to sleep feeling fine, but woke up at about 3AM Friday morning throwing up and um, the other stuff, REALLY BAD. About 8AM, I called up FI and asked him if he was sick too, and he said yes. I continued to get sick about every 2 hours or so until 11AM.... I couldn't keep anything down, yet knew I probably needed liquids for hydration. I was finally able to drag myself out of the fetal position around 4pm that day, to go to the grocery store to get some toast, ginger ale, and crackers... For the rest of the evening, I had a fever, chills, aches, and bad sweating, drifting in and out of a comatose state! lol... I also felt WEAK, to the point where I couldn't walk from one room to the other without having to sit down or lean against something. The next morning at 6AM or so I tossed my cookies for the last time, and the rest of the day I felt not great but not as bad as the previous day. I ate nothing but toast and ginger ale all day. By Sunday I felt better but still wasn't able to eat anything other than toast and chicken broth... Monday I ate VERY light, like soup and some bread... Tuesday was my first "regular" meal... ANYWAY we know it wasn't food poisoning because FI's dad came down with it after FI was around him on Saturday... Augh, seriously I would not wish that virus on my worst enemy.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:09 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
trishlee I hope you are feeling better I feel like I might been a little harsh but that bug is one of the worst that scares me...IMO besides strip throat . But as other poster stated you dont know if it food poisoning or not and really nothing you can do but wait it out.

I dont care for this brrr weather but maybe it will be cold enough to kill ailing bugs.
I wonder if northerners are more subjected to catching things due to the often warm and moist climate here? Think of a future tastey delicious bird in a few days I believe this is your first Thanksgiving.
Hopefully you can be thankful that is over with.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
trishlee I hope you are feeling better I feel like I might been a little harsh but that bug is one of the worst that scares me...IMO besides strip throat . But as other poster stated you dont know if it food poisoning or not and really nothing you can do but wait it out.

I dont care for this brrr weather but maybe it will be cold enough to kill ailing bugs.
I wonder if northerners are more subjected to catching things due to the often warm and moist climate here? Think of a future tastey delicious bird in a few days I believe this is your first Thanksgiving.
Hopefully you can be thankful that is over with.
Sunny, No you weren't harsh. I am always scared of the stomach virus. I detest vomiting. I only get it every 12 years or so. This one was by far the worst. I feel better, but still weak and still afraid to eat much. I'm keeping a bland diet all day today too. I am going back to work today.

As far as your idea about northerners getting sick here more. Not the case with us. No one in the family has even had a cold and we have been here just about a year. This is our first bout with any illness. People are sick a whole lot more up north because you stay inside for 7 months of the year or more. Hope this bug dies with the frigid temps.

Old 12-09-2008, 09:13 AM

1 posts, read 18,467 times
hi i had the stomch flu and i was wondering how long it took every one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte