U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-26-2010, 12:43 PM
 
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
9,114 posts, read 15,652,508 times
Reputation: 3690

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark64 View Post
Amazing! All opinion and no facts. Im never surprised by attempts by people to spin things the way they want. Thats the problem with the country.
Insults and non-factual info.
You all know when the neighborhood value goes down you lose.
The neighborhood value is driven by the developers discission to build less expensive home where the more expensive homes were marketed.
There is a market for the homes in the 250K range, do I need to post pictures of the building, I can. They are being built and sold.
I challage anyone to post the facts and figures that will prove me wrong. You cant. I gave an example of how the home values affect neighborhoods.
Wake UP, your values will be damaged by the lower priced home going in. Now if you dont care, that's a different story.
I wonder if you would have the same opinion if the situation was reversed, the market was "hot" and decided to build higher end homes in the neighborhood....

thought so....


Again, stop screaming on here and instead of being sour grapes, next time do your homework...

 
Old 09-26-2010, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Union County
5,783 posts, read 8,418,617 times
Reputation: 4818
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark64 View Post
You are stating non-factual feeling, unsubstantiated comments, opinions and assumptions.
Read above.
If you have factual data, post it! Untill then your post means nothing.
Please dont let the facts cloud your opinions.
Prove me wrong with facts if you can.
What are you even talking about? It's one hundred percent FACT that all the builders have switched to lower price points. You live in the area... Since you don't believe me drive around and look at the other unfinished developments and get back to me. You'll see that they're all switching to lower price points - not a single neighborhood has maintained building exactly where they started. I could list countless neighborhoods - can you list ONE that's still building at the same price point?

This is a fact in Union County... your failure to believe is your issue.
 
Old 09-26-2010, 01:50 PM
 
171 posts, read 277,556 times
Reputation: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark64 View Post
This is not true. Where did you get your figures that it will all balance out?
Do the math.......

With the building of more lowered price home what the new plan is
If you have
200 homes at 190k average
200 homes at 220k average
30 homes at 270k average
and 70 more homes at 165k average
your neighborhood home value average is
203k

The average neighborhood home value just lost $15,000.00
Thats everyone.......
Your math seems correct, however your logic is flawed. You make the illogical jump to conclusions that homebuilder price = present home value. This isn't the case. Current home value is always what the next party will and can pay for it and not what the current owner has paid.

At best, you have presented the average price at which the builder sold the properties. As we all know, and what you are experiencing, this has little bearing on "value". If it did, there would be no real estate meltdown caused by irrational buyers, lenders and other participants of the real estate ponzi of the last decade. The builder, a national company which has little regard for local matters, has made a calculated business decision within the current bounds of law, to lower the spec level of this neighborhood so it can unload the rest of the property while it can. It's nothing more and nothing less. Current property owners living there are going to find they have to do the same thing if they want to sell and get out of there. The HOA can't do anything about it and the current owners can't do anything about it, so there is no need to try and in the process, get worked up over something that you have no control over.
 
Old 09-26-2010, 02:31 PM
 
13 posts, read 17,455 times
Reputation: 17
Mark,
Would you prefer the builder to pull out and stop building? For you to say that the HOA dues are fixed is not true. They can go up! Most builders supplement the dues until the entire neighborhood is sold out. The homeowners can not financially maintain the neighborhood by themselves. What you are doing is only hurting you more!!
If the signs are for real, it does not matter. If someone came to offer you what you "think" it's worth you could not get the home to appraise anyway, therefore no sale. That is not the neighborhoods fault or the builder. It is the market! If the builder could sell the homes for more then why aren't they???? Because they won't appraise. If you had made a $50k profit on your home after you moved in would you give it back to the builder???? Think about running your own business. If it was your company I think you would see things differently. The worst thing that could happen is the builder stops selling, pulls out, pool closes, roads are not finished. Let's see how much your home appraises for then. Would most of us have done things we've done if we could predict the future? Stop being so mad at the people who are in the same boat but choose not to fight the fight! They are building the same size and same material homes they always have built in FF, it's just now they are doing it closer to you.
 
Old 09-26-2010, 03:32 PM
 
161 posts, read 369,249 times
Reputation: 78
Quote:
Have more houses sold since this, yes! Are all the homes for sale actually for sale - no. (you ask) How do you know?

**Centex SOLD signs on lots + the Homes SOLD this month signs at the Model Homes + the Managers and the Commity who tell the stats of homes that are sold. **

(you say) They in fact are for sale.

** Then put numbers on the signs, call a realtor, pay the fees, get real about selling, put out an info box, put an ad in the paper. If you are selling then put forth an effort besides a 20 second blurb on the news about "If someone will offer me what I paid for my house I will move". When someone has a house for sale for real they make a honest effort. Calling the news and doing things that have resulted in the no parking signs and all in the area do not consitute a real attempt at honest selling. **

But like 3 potential buyers have said that I alone have ran into it only looks like ppl who can not afford their homes who bought in the peek. Are you referring to Calumet residence that cant afford their home? If so, you should know their income before talking about it.


**They say it like they see. 3 so called house buyers who have been here looking see the economy as one that is mixed with foreclosures: why is your blank sign ridden street any different? They do not know. So yeah, I can see how it does send a mixed signal to some. Pitaful as it sounds as it was not your goal. **


The HOA and all is NOT fixed here. If you got that is writting please bring that to the next meeting and you will make everyone happy!

Anyone anywhere who bought a house lately bought with a risk. If you did not want to deal with the ups and downs then perhaps some land out on the middle of no where would have been a better place to flip. I can tell you some houses in phase 2 cost more a while back then then what the GIS paints for Calumet lately. Sad yes. But even more sad was no one knew or discussed phases of the area till now. I think that is what has been the most hurtful from what this has been allowed to do. Just as you state you have been called names, sadly you put yourself in this by welcoming the news crews, the balloons, parking in unwanted spots, putting signs in mail boxes, some neighbors stopping others at the pool asking what to do you think about this and will you help support the lawyers fees and so on. Maybe not you but it has happened. Sadly it has happened. There could have been a better way for the cause then this.

But the damage now has been done. Will the constant badgering continue? That depends on those that seek the attention. I just hope it does not continue to cause issues where it is unwanted. If your really unhappy then leave the rest of us in peace please. Many of us have been asking that all along. Pretty sad when the news states 'Neighbor against neighbor, wonder where they got that from instead of 'trying the sell'.

Last edited by emagine; 09-26-2010 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: some of mine in the quote
 
Old 09-26-2010, 05:38 PM
 
Location: Indian Trail
539 posts, read 1,312,012 times
Reputation: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by emagine View Post
The HOA and all is NOT fixed here. If you got that is writting please bring that to the next meeting and you will make everyone happy!

Anyone anywhere who bought a house lately bought with a risk. If you did not want to deal with the ups and downs then perhaps some land out on the middle of no where would have been a better place to flip. I can tell you some houses in phase 2 cost more a while back then then what the GIS paints for Calumet lately. Sad yes. But even more sad was no one knew or discussed phases of the area till now. I think that is what has been the most hurtful from what this has been allowed to do. Just as you state you have been called names, sadly you put yourself in this by welcoming the news crews, the balloons, parking in unwanted spots, putting signs in mail boxes, some neighbors stopping others at the pool asking what to do you think about this and will you help support the lawyers fees and so on. Maybe not you but it has happened. Sadly it has happened. There could have been a better way for the cause then this.

But the damage now has been done. Will the constant badgering continue? That depends on those that seek the attention. I just hope it does not continue to cause issues where it is unwanted. If your really unhappy then leave the rest of us in peace please. Many of us have been asking that all along. Pretty sad when the news states 'Neighbor against neighbor, wonder where they got that from instead of 'trying the sell'.
If someone brought the News into this they did nothing but hurt themselves. People might be reluctant to buy in a "trouble" neighborhood which will mean properties being listed longer thus driving down the current value.
 
Old 09-27-2010, 10:50 AM
 
169 posts, read 412,074 times
Reputation: 77
[quote=MikeyKid;16039748]It's one hundred percent FACT that all the builders have switched to lower price points.

That doesn't make it right.
 
Old 09-27-2010, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Union County
5,783 posts, read 8,418,617 times
Reputation: 4818
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesmom View Post
That doesn't make it right.
Well, that's what I'm suggesting we should be debating... The thread highlights an issue that is all over Union County and the Fieldstone Farm folks think they're in some kind of unique situation or something. Protests of FSBO signs and silly rants with ridiculous math are not the answer.

Are you suggesting that the these neighborhoods should remain as is and just sit on the vacant lots? There's no way to argue that the same homes would sell at the same old price points.
 
Old 09-27-2010, 04:34 PM
 
16 posts, read 20,058 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I wonder if you would have the same opinion if the situation was reversed, the market was "hot" and decided to build higher end homes in the neighborhood....

thought so.... Thought what? If the tables were reversed I would be happy, for my value would go up!

Again, stop screaming on here and instead of being sour grapes, next time do your homework...
They should be building was was marketed and sold as. Period!
Now you are telling what i should and shouldn't do.
Nice facts, any more?
I asked for facts supporting your position and this is all you have?
What is your position? You happy losing money? Why are you even involved? If you're happy then you shouldn't even care.
 
Old 09-27-2010, 04:55 PM
 
16 posts, read 20,058 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Well, that's what I'm suggesting we should be debating... The thread highlights an issue that is all over Union County and the Fieldstone Farm folks think they're in some kind of unique situation or something. Protests of FSBO signs and silly rants with ridiculous math are not the answer.
No facts, just insults, nice. The math I did is basic principle, averages. You do the math and see what you come up with. Dont take my word for it. Call a realtor.

Are you suggesting that the these neighborhoods should remain as is and just sit on the vacant lots? There's no way to argue that the same homes would sell at the same old price points.
If the neighborhood stayed as is without any more building, the avarages would remain as is today as an average depended on market value, and the overall average of the homes (simple math) would not move except for market fluctuation.
And yes there has been that.
All our values will rise and fall according to the market.
This is not a market issue.
I dont think the redesigned smaller, lower priced home will grow in size with market value shift. They will rise. and all will be based on neighborhood value.

The neighborhood has much more land that is developable. Why this area? Why not stay with the original neighborhood plan?

There are millon dollar neighborhoos and there are average size neighbohoods and there are small neighborhoods, all over.
There are you cant buy a 200k home in a million dollar neighborhood, it does not exsist. and you wouldnt want to build a million dollar home in a 200k neighborhood. Simple averages, simple concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:36 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top