Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2010, 07:36 AM

161 posts, read 423,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face

The old adage "there is no such thing as bad publicity" doesn't hold true in the real estate market.

Sadly, they are making their neighborhood look so bad that prospective buyers may begin avoiding it altogether. Then when they really have to sell they'll have an even bigger problem than they have now.

They should count themselves very lucky that the builder has not abandoned the neighborhood like has happened in so many others.

Talking the builder and neighborhood down only hurts themselves - which is crazy and counterproductive.

That is just it. Despite the back and forth of non facts being proved by the ones doing this there is a whole neighborhood full of unhappy people as well. Only these 190+ people are not upset with the builders as we see it as a sign of the times we are upset what is being allowed to continue to happen.

I know the ups and downs of the economy and respect that in the housing market. What I did not expect was the highschool mentality to follow suit. You know lets run for president and plaster our cars with poster boards, writing and balloons to draw attention to "me". Only in school it was sometimes what you had to offer as president, here you offer zilch but wasted air and unwelcome negativity for the whole community.

What has happened here has pretty much made the phases known and divided people. It has even divided people on the street that has the signs. We want to see FF finished and complete. We have other issues they could be putting their energy into like the teens coming in and taking things from the smaller children or the breaking into cars (even though the victims leave their doors unlocked) but it would be a better use of energy in a community such as this.

If they ever wanted to divide and cause issues and make enemies they accomplished that with a great place.

I suspect the next person we will see will be Springer, lord knows he likes a good twisted pile of crap for entertainment.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:28 AM

539 posts, read 1,497,802 times
Calling the press - great move, you just shot yourself in the foot. Nothing like bringing negative press and attention to your neighborhood, just the place potential homeowners want to move to. Maybe the builder should sue you for further diminishing the home values due to the black-eye you have given the community.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:19 PM

20 posts, read 30,562 times
They keep selling despite the signs...I think when people go the sales office and find out they are mad because of price, it makes those people sign the contract knowing they are getting a steal! Huge lots, big house, with a great price...I mean really a few bad apples mean nothing. Thanks Mark, Rob and the others how now have the entire neighborhood hating them. Congratulations....you have shown your true colors.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:02 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Default It is what it is

Mark (and others), bottom line - you want Pulte to take responsibility for the risk that you took for buying in a development that was far from being completed. Pulte not completing the build out as planned (or at all) was always an option, just one that either had not occurred to you or you didn’t think likely. Pulte is doing what it feels will sell homes, and apparently it is working as they are selling. Smaller, lower priced homes are what people in your area want. Sorry, it is what it is.

When you said, “Fact, if the original plan was kept, we all would not be losing extra money”, this is not a fact at all because you are denying the reality that economic events changed and the outcome that you expected is a less likely option. And you are not loosing any money, extra or otherwise since you haven’t sold anything yet. Your insistence that somehow “we all would not be losing extra money” suggests that you were counting on gains not yet realized. This is pretty consistent with the pre 2007 mentality that real estate values always go up, never down.

Actually, Pulte is doing you a huge favor by building anything at all. Because if they suspend now, there is no guarantee that Pulte or another developer will resume building anytime in the future. If you doubt this, ask the folks over at Providence Downs, Hollister, Tuscany, etc..., who actually live in these developments (amongst unsold homes and empty lots) which they would rather have.

List to what emagine is saying; it is much more important to have a development that is completed than hope things turn around and pick up where they left off.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:35 PM

2 posts, read 2,588 times
I have been in Fieldstone for close to 3 years now, there were about 50-60 homes here when we relocated from California. Yes, I have lost value in my home...due to the economy not the homes built on my block. During the big house market boom people were selling 2000 sq. ft. homes in California for $450,000, no yard and homes were built in the 1970's. Same houses are going for well under $200,000 now so don't cry to me about your house losing a few thousand dollars in value DUE TO THE ECONOMY! You shouldnt have bought a home to turn a profit in a failing economy, you can't predict the housing market so dont throw numbers out trying to say that you will lose value in your home for the contrator completing the subdivison. Trust me I would rather lose value in my home than live in an unfinished development, look at Annadale, how many different developers have they gone through and its still an unfinished development. Just thank God you have a roof over your head and that you are still employed, things could be a lot worse.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,588 times
Car421- I love it! Yes, thank you for the negative press in our subdivision. Maybe the lower division homeowners in Fieldstone Farm including myself should sue the Calumet homeowners for the negative press. I hope the do sell their homes and leave! We don't need such a negative reputation. I love my neighborhood and despite the loss in home value due to the economy, which I am sure will come around again, I am very happy with where I live.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:05 PM

20 posts, read 30,562 times
Note Mark has no longer commented as well as Rob and the others protesting with the signs..why because nobody but them agrees with their point, the facts are useless, and they have yet to acknowledge anything about how it effects the rest of us such as HOA, ammenities etc. I think we should sue calumet signs owners. Can you sue them for being ignorant ? And Pulte should sue for slander.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:17 PM

364 posts, read 1,167,611 times
I do understand their point of view (what would it hurt to build first on the undeveloped land???). I am mostly upset at how they are being treated by the neighborhood. Actually, not "everyone" hates them. There are many of us out there that may not be in agreement, but we still respect the fact that we are neighbors and act accordingly. I think a neighborhood is not made up of the houses in it, but the people that reside in it. I have become very discouraged that so many people are acting so rudely. Of course, you don't have to agree and you can voice your opinion- but calling people names and personal attacks are uncalled for in my opinion.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:41 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
I'm on the Pulte email list... We just got this today (hosted under Centexhomes site):

Move Up Move Now Sales Event (http://app.centexhomes.com/e/es.aspx?s=493&e=148919&elq=f8e15b2d908b48ae9410911 6eeb3150d - broken link)

It's your typical "free granite and stainless" offer, but it shows the starting price points of 5 communities in the Charlotte area. All of them are ridiculously lower then where these neighborhoods started at the height. In some cases it's hundreds of thousands less. Shea is doing the same thing... Orleans the same. M/I - yup! Ryan - you bet! Toll Brothers is selling Marvin Creek starting in the mid400s with $1m listed resale on MLS today.

All you need to do is look around and realize it's not some hyper local phenomenon in FF. To carry on like you have some case against the builder is not productive and it's frankly pretty embarrassing. Think it through and maybe there are other ways to approach the issue. Many people have way bigger problems then losing phantom equity in a house.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:59 PM

25 posts, read 90,384 times
This section of FF is called "Calumet"
hmmmmmm........

Web definitions for calumet

a highly decorated ceremonial pipe of Amerindians; smoked on ceremonial occasions (especially as a token of peace)
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

I think they should sit down with Pulte and spark up one of these bad boys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte