U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2010, 09:41 PM

3 posts, read 4,796 times

Advertisements

Join us:

Login | Facebook

Fieldstone Farm Neighborhood Controversy on Facebook

Old 09-30-2010, 09:46 PM

3 posts, read 4,796 times
I think we should all place a FSBO sign in our yard and sell all of our homes for the remainder of our mortgage. Two can play at this game you know. Since I have positive equity in my home, I can afford to sell it. Can the Calumet 10? Maybe it isn't such a good idea to whizz off your neighbors.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:56 AM

20 posts, read 26,753 times
Zwally...how they are treated? They haven't once considered what it does to the rest of us in this neighborhood! I don't want my pool close, my hoa raised our neighborhood dragged through the mud...They have done all this themselves and called us on the other end low income..Please spare me when you are talking about how those 10 are treated vs. how they are treating the remaining 180 of us!!

Old 10-01-2010, 03:03 PM

364 posts, read 1,042,489 times
I haven't been treated badly by them, but I have been by my own "neighbors" because I don't want to join in the mudslinging. We are in no danger of losing our pool-why would we?? It is already built! Yes, the HOA pays for lifeguards, but many many neighborhoods don't have lifeguards at their pools. Centex hasn't stopped selling houses and I haven't heard one peep about them pulling out or raising HOA.... I did hear that someone was called low income, but I live (or at least used to) in the smallest house in the neighborhood and I have always recognized that my home was "lower" than the others-less fancy stuff, smaller sq. footage, etc. I don't think that comment was meant as an insult rather, just poor wording to express houses of a lower caliber (price point).

Old 10-01-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwally View Post
I haven't been treated badly by them, but I have been by my own "neighbors" because I don't want to join in the mudslinging. We are in no danger of losing our pool-why would we?? It is already built! Yes, the HOA pays for lifeguards, but many many neighborhoods don't have lifeguards at their pools. Centex hasn't stopped selling houses and I haven't heard one peep about them pulling out or raising HOA.... I did hear that someone was called low income, but I live (or at least used to) in the smallest house in the neighborhood and I have always recognized that my home was "lower" than the others-less fancy stuff, smaller sq. footage, etc. I don't think that comment was meant as an insult rather, just poor wording to express houses of a lower caliber (price point).

Ask Kim at Centex about the pool or HOA. They don't know if they are going to open it up next summer or not. Centex can do whatever they want and they have even said if they don't sell enough homes and decided to pull out the HOA goes to the homeowners which means we won't have enough funding to open the pool, maintain the neighborhood etc. The reason for lifeguards as it lowers the insurance cost which is why they have them. SOOOO for those with signs calling the news, drawing negative attention to sales, it affects us all if homes don't sell....... THOSE SIGNS NEED TO COME DOWN PERIOD

Old 10-01-2010, 05:47 PM

Also, because you haven't been treated badly doesn't mean other people haven't. They have named called, been ungodly rude...spiteful spiteful selfish people. Not to mention posing blame on a builder for the house they choose to buy in an undeveloped neighborhood. Annandale got to look at their pool and not use it even though it was built. Why? No funds to support it because they have been through 3 builders...Would you like that here?

Old 10-01-2010, 06:26 PM

2,828 posts, read 4,134,161 times
I am just reading this thread and I have to say I am really amazed at some of the comments. When a developer plans to build a subdivision they 'plan' a certain price range, quality, styles, etc. When a recession hits - things change. Of course the builder would like to continue building the homes they had planned to build BUT the bottom line is they have to build homes they can sell. I check closings almost every day in MLS and I can tell you - homes are NOT selling. Especially in the higher price points.

If you don't want to have to worry how a neighborhood will look when finished - don't buy new construction. OF COURSE property values are going to go down when lower priced housing is being built around you. If you drive around and look at most of the unfinished neighborhoods around town - you will see this happening everywhere! The builders are building smaller homes with fewer features or building siding homes instead of all brick, etc. The writing was on the wall folks - too many neighborhoods going up, values going up every year - this had to end and it did! Sadly, people who bought at the peak in 2006 and 2007 are in deep trouble - unless they stay where they are for a very long time. Or unless they put down a chunk of change.

To those that believe putting signs up will hurt the builder - it will. But the homeowners will be hurt worse! Potential purchasers will wonder what the heck is going on and will probably not buy there (if they are smart). Think about an appraiser coming in that neighborhood - they might even google 'Fieldstone Farm' and BAM - they find this thread! Their report will read 'extreme decline in values due to the number of homes listed for sale in the neighborhood and the plans for home construction at a much lower price point'.

Bottom line here is - each and every one of us has to look out for ourselves. The developer is looking to make money, the builder is looking to make money, we as buyers were looking to make money. In the last few years - all of us lost.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:43 PM

209 posts, read 617,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Mark (and others), bottom line - you want Pulte to take responsibility for the risk that you took for buying in a development that was far from being completed. Pulte not completing the build out as planned (or at all) was always an option, just one that either had not occurred to you or you didn’t think likely. Pulte is doing what it feels will sell homes, and apparently it is working as they are selling. Smaller, lower priced homes are what people in your area want. Sorry, it is what it is.

When you said, “Fact, if the original plan was kept, we all would not be losing extra money”, this is not a fact at all because you are denying the reality that economic events changed and the outcome that you expected is a less likely option. And you are not loosing any money, extra or otherwise since you haven’t sold anything yet. Your insistence that somehow “we all would not be losing extra money” suggests that you were counting on gains not yet realized. This is pretty consistent with the pre 2007 mentality that real estate values always go up, never down.

Actually, Pulte is doing you a huge favor by building anything at all. Because if they suspend now, there is no guarantee that Pulte or another developer will resume building anytime in the future. If you doubt this, ask the folks over at Providence Downs, Hollister, Tuscany, etc..., who actually live in these developments (amongst unsold homes and empty lots) which they would rather have.

List to what emagine is saying; it is much more important to have a development that is completed than hope things turn around and pick up where they left off.
WOOOAAAAHHH!!! Way too much logic and reason...

Old 10-03-2010, 03:39 PM

364 posts, read 1,042,489 times
Again, I'm not worried. I've lived here for 3 years and they have never sold houses as fast as they have been in these past few months. Even today, more Sold Sold Sold. I think that is a good thing! All I want is for ALL neighbors to treat each other kindly..... I have tried to make that point over and over, but in turn I've gotten snippy remarks about why I am "on that side". I'm not on anyone's side. I just want everyone to be respectable and respected.

Old 10-03-2010, 04:21 PM

2,828 posts, read 4,134,161 times
I just checked MLS which shows there have been 10 closed sales in Fieldstone Farm in the last 6 months. Average sales price was $159,310. In this price range homes likely will sell - even in this market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte