U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-05-2010, 07:49 PM
 
20 posts, read 26,772 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
So they add it... thus making it part of the CCRs. Maybe these sign clowns can whiz them off even more and they'll require lavender siding and hot pink roofs!

You are correct..the more they whiz centex off the more "stupid" rules will be made in effort to stop these idiots. Can't say I blame them, something has to stop them it just sucks that it will eventually hurt all of us not just those 10.

 
Old 10-05-2010, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Union County
5,783 posts, read 8,419,560 times
Reputation: 4818
By virtue of the Centex acquisition, Pulte is THE largest builder in the country... Talk about picking a fight with the wrong boxer.

Even if some things they do seem fuzzy, good luck with getting that worked out in court. I'm thinking it's time to kiss and make up.
 
Old 10-06-2010, 10:07 PM
 
45 posts, read 53,294 times
Reputation: 29
You can count my family as one turned off by those people with the FSBO signs. I don't want to live next to people who gambled and lost and now make fools of themselves by putting up those stupid signs.
 
Old 10-07-2010, 04:33 AM
 
171 posts, read 277,587 times
Reputation: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrl116 View Post
Another example is the no parking on this side of the street signs that were recently posted...again no vote. Those signs were posted because of that green car that was parking in front of the sales office saying 10 homes for sale. They can change and create any rule until the HOA gets turned over to the homeowners then a "vote" will be necessary.
Actually Pulte/Centex can't do as they please with the HOA because if it is deed restricted, which I assume it is, then their actions have to comply with the NC Planned Community Act that cover any deed restricted neighborhood of more than 20 lots built since 1999. Now the HOA rules for the community may grant them the authority to make certain changes without vote until the HOA is turned over but this authority has to be spelled out in the HOA agreement that everyone agreed to when they purchased the property. Woe to those who didn't bother to read it. Otherwise, any changes do require a vote, it's state law.

In regards to parking signs, if this is to be a public street once the developer turns over the streets to the municipality, then it is the municipality which will decide if parking signs are appropriate or not. If the signs are not authorized by the local municipality, then theoretically, they are not enforceable in any NC court.
 
Old 10-07-2010, 04:45 PM
 
Location: Indian Trail
539 posts, read 1,312,155 times
Reputation: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryTwist View Post
Actually Pulte/Centex can't do as they please with the HOA because if it is deed restricted, which I assume it is, then their actions have to comply with the NC Planned Community Act that cover any deed restricted neighborhood of more than 20 lots built since 1999. Now the HOA rules for the community may grant them the authority to make certain changes without vote until the HOA is turned over but this authority has to be spelled out in the HOA agreement that everyone agreed to when they purchased the property. Woe to those who didn't bother to read it. Otherwise, any changes do require a vote, it's state law.

In regards to parking signs, if this is to be a public street once the developer turns over the streets to the municipality, then it is the municipality which will decide if parking signs are appropriate or not. If the signs are not authorized by the local municipality, then theoretically, they are not enforceable in any NC court.
This is what I was implying and was beaten to the punch with this post.
 
Old 10-07-2010, 06:22 PM
 
20 posts, read 26,772 times
Reputation: 14
That is true for the future, but the HOA isn't being turned over anytime soon allowing Centex to change what they want until then which we all agreed to moving here. Same for the streets...they can give you 150.00 fine since it isn't turned over to the municipality yet. That green car is no longer parking in the front...hahaha to them. I am a Centex supporter! Get them signs down!
 
Old 10-18-2010, 09:42 PM
 
743 posts, read 2,025,480 times
Reputation: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFResident View Post
They come anyway just like we go to Annadale to play ball. Just wish my older kids had some where to go to have fun.
And this is why Annandale kids have no where to go, thank you
 
Old 10-18-2010, 09:49 PM
 
743 posts, read 2,025,480 times
Reputation: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIAB16 View Post
Mark,
Not sure what document you are talking about when you say it "clearly shows what style, size and price range it was? What a colored coded map showing different size homesites?
You also have a contract that says the builder can make any changes they want, right?
There is a world outside of Calumet.... right down the road there is a neighborhood that offered $400k and up all brick.... that neighborhood is now selling full brick homes for $240. The neighborhood next door used to sell homes for more and they have had 2 builders pull out, one filed for BK and there are so many short sales and foreclosures in there. No one can sell. They are not even sure how to keep their pool open. Do you not understand that hurts any homeowner in the Indian trail area not just you?
You keep asking everyone on here for facts or proof but you still have none. You mentioned in an earlier post that the HOA dues are fixed. They asked for where you have that in writing? You don't! I am in a neighborhood that the builder pulled out and now our values have gone down and there is no money to keep our neighborhood maintained or pool open. Most of us would be thanking the lord above if we were in your situation. Get an appraisal, if it appraises for what you think it's worth, then sell!!!!! Good Luck but you won't have anybody knocking down your door after all the negativity!
Actually Annandale pool is staying open...unless you heard different please let me know but nothing was relayed to the homeowners here.
 
Old 10-18-2010, 09:57 PM
 
743 posts, read 2,025,480 times
Reputation: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrl116 View Post
Also, because you haven't been treated badly doesn't mean other people haven't. They have named called, been ungodly rude...spiteful spiteful selfish people. Not to mention posing blame on a builder for the house they choose to buy in an undeveloped neighborhood. Annandale got to look at their pool and not use it even though it was built. Why? No funds to support it because they have been through 3 builders...Would you like that here?
What is this about Annandale not using their pool? It was open til Sept 25....Or is it because it wasn't packed from outside users this year like last year?????
 
Old 10-18-2010, 09:59 PM
 
743 posts, read 2,025,480 times
Reputation: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by car421 View Post
Not saying I agree with the folks putting up all the FSBO signs but an HOA can't force you to purchase a sign from them let alone tell you that you have to use a realtor to sell your home.
Have you been through Bonterra, they have their own realty signs that blend with the neighborhood and you cannot put for rent signs in there either./
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:12 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top