U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-23-2010, 07:45 PM
 
70 posts, read 174,587 times
Reputation: 35

Advertisements

I lied. I'll make one more comment. FF is Pulte/centex's best selling neighborhood in NC, they aren't pulling out of here in any circumstance. Not opening the pool next year? are you kidding? Anyone that listens to and believes the resident salesman{wo***** who is only driven by their commission hasn't done thier due diligence to say the least. Salesmen aren't your friends.
While these new homes in Calumet aren't comparable to the existing homes here, they are comparable to Foxcroft and Ravenhill. Think that over. It is obvious Calumet owners aren't the only losers here.
It's unfortunate and a shame this got reduced to name calling.

 
Old 10-23-2010, 07:50 PM
 
70 posts, read 174,587 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by nudnk View Post
I lied. I'll make one more comment. FF is Pulte/centex's best selling neighborhood in NC, they aren't pulling out of here in any circumstance. Not opening the pool next year? are you kidding? Anyone that listens to and believes the resident salesman{wo***** who is only driven by their commission hasn't done thier due diligence to say the least. Salesmen aren't your friends.
While these new homes in Calumet aren't comparable to the existing homes here, they are comparable to Foxcroft and Ravenhill. Think that over. It is obvious Calumet owners aren't the only losers here.
It's unfortunate and a shame this got reduced to name calling.
That isn't vulgar, it should be (woman) i don't know why that starred like that
 
Old 10-24-2010, 03:36 PM
 
13 posts, read 17,446 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nudnk View Post
I lied. I'll make one more comment. FF is Pulte/centex's best selling neighborhood in NC, they aren't pulling out of here in any circumstance. Not opening the pool next year? are you kidding? Anyone that listens to and believes the resident salesman{wo***** who is only driven by their commission hasn't done thier due diligence to say the least. Salesmen aren't your friends.
While these new homes in Calumet aren't comparable to the existing homes here, they are comparable to Foxcroft and Ravenhill. Think that over. It is obvious Calumet owners aren't the only losers here.
It's unfortunate and a shame this got reduced to name calling.
nudnk,
How can you say what the builder is going to do or not do? Do you work for Pulte/ Centex? If it is one of their top selling neighborhoods that is great but if they were to stop selling homes tomorrow and not sell another home for 6 months they could decide to make other decisions. Are you going to pay the additional money needed to keep the neighborhood maintained and pool open? There is another builder down the street and that neighborhood was their top seller last year. Well guess what they ended up having to pull out and another builder went in. Changed the prices, plans and offered 1 car garages. Most of the world is in this situation and everyone chooses to deal with it differently. If you want to vent go ahead but can you do it with factual information.
 
Old 10-24-2010, 08:24 PM
 
70 posts, read 174,587 times
Reputation: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIAB16 View Post
nudnk,
How can you say what the builder is going to do or not do? Do you work for Pulte/ Centex? If it is one of their top selling neighborhoods that is great but if they were to stop selling homes tomorrow and not sell another home for 6 months they could decide to make other decisions. Are you going to pay the additional money needed to keep the neighborhood maintained and pool open? There is another builder down the street and that neighborhood was their top seller last year. Well guess what they ended up having to pull out and another builder went in. Changed the prices, plans and offered 1 car garages. Most of the world is in this situation and everyone chooses to deal with it differently. If you want to vent go ahead but can you do it with factual information.

It is a fact that FF is Centex top selling neighborhood in NC. It is also a fact that a profit driven business won't cease operations if they are meeting their margins. And centex is or they would be gone. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, If I knew that I'd be a millionaire.

Anyway since you brought up facts, on which facts are you basing your opinion on homeowners dues? I have no doubt they will go up at some point regardless, but if you have verifiable numbers from somewhere, I'd love to hear about them.
 
Old 10-24-2010, 09:01 PM
 
13 posts, read 17,446 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nudnk View Post
It is a fact that FF is Centex top selling neighborhood in NC. It is also a fact that a profit driven business won't cease operations if they are meeting their margins. And centex is or they would be gone. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, If I knew that I'd be a millionaire.

Anyway since you brought up facts, on which facts are you basing your opinion on homeowners dues? I have no doubt they will go up at some point regardless, but if you have verifiable numbers from somewhere, I'd love to hear about them.

Nudnk,
Where do you get the facts that they are the top selling neighborhood?
You say it's a fact that they won't cease if they are making their margins. That is what I said earlier... if they sell they stay, if they stop selling they leave. The dues...... you said the builder won't leave nor will they not open the pool. If you don't know what tomorrow brings how can you say that? The fact is common sense. There is a budget and that budget is divided among the amount of planned homes. The builder pays the deficit until all homes are sold. If the builder stops selling and pulls out, who is going to pay the HOA deficit of the empty lots?
 
Old 10-25-2010, 12:05 PM
 
20 posts, read 26,756 times
Reputation: 14
TIAB16- you are correct! You are one of the few with logic and what this whole entire discuss is about....people are now posting signs saying we have vandalism in the neighborhood b/c someone spray painted a FSBO sign in someone's yard....People are not happy to see those signs continue and Centex bad mouthed...they are just doing what they need to stay a float and I for one want to see my neighborhood finished and not my HOA go up. True it may go up at some point but I prefer it not be b/c the builder left and couldn't sell because a few bad apples decided to continually promote bad press to the neighborhood and Centex.
 
Old 10-26-2010, 01:42 PM
 
70 posts, read 174,587 times
Reputation: 35
The VP of Marketing for Centex told us FF was the best selling neighborhood in NC about a month and a half ago. Also, one other thing you may find interesting if you have some time that supports my contention Centex isn't going anywhere. Contact the county registrar and research property recordings in Union county or look it up, you'll find that unlike most builders, Centex owns outright every single lot in FF. By that I mean there is not a single bank lien on any of them.

The other builder you mention was buying lots one at a time with bank financing that's why they pulled out, market went south and they couldn't debt service. Centex doesn't have that issue here.

Centex owns all you see around you outright, if it takes a week, or a month, or 20 years, they will build FF out. They would no sooner walk away from something they own outright than you would walk away from something you own outright. Also, selling out to another builder makes no sense either since the open lot values have dropped so much, especially when you have grandfathered permits on the table with them. They have an incontrovertible vested interest here.
Anyway, the town has approved only houses of greater than 2500 sq ft in Calumet and greater than 1900 sq ft in Ravenhill. The new architectural Indian Trail board is making sure that will be adhered to.

On a side note, if you think your homes value has gone down, take a look at build-able lot prices, that is truly depressing.

Remember, this is all public record stuff, If I can find this information so can you.

I understand I won't sway your opinion. Just be wary of salesman's stories when their commission is being effected.

Maybe I'll see you in a different thread with a different subject, I think I've said all I'm going to. (again)
 
Old 10-26-2010, 04:14 PM
 
171 posts, read 277,403 times
Reputation: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by nudnk View Post
The VP of Marketing for Centex told us FF was the best selling neighborhood in NC about a month and a half ago. ....
Are you serious? What do you think a marketeer, let alone the head of them, is going to say? There are 1/2 built skyscrapers downtown where people lost 100% of their deposit where they were told exactly the same sort of thing by the builder.

One more time....

Never take real estate advice from someone who stands to gain from your purchase. In this case gain = money.
 
Old 10-27-2010, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Pixley
3,521 posts, read 2,233,456 times
Reputation: 1858
Quote:
Originally Posted by nudnk View Post
...Centex owns all you see around you outright, if it takes a week, or a month, or 20 years, they will build FF out. They would no sooner walk away from something they own outright than you would walk away from something you own outright. Also, selling out to another builder makes no sense either since the open lot values have dropped so much, especially when you have grandfathered permits on the table with them. They have an incontrovertible vested interest here...
This is not neccessarily so. Unless you have initmate knowledge of Pulte's finances and thought processes, they can sell out of any properties they own for any number of reasons. They don't make money holding on to property, they make it building on it and sell it. There is little chance they will hold any unsold lots for years, let alone 20. Taking a loss on FF to offset a gain somewhere else comes to mind as a valid business reason to sell out.
 
Old 10-27-2010, 04:35 PM
 
13 posts, read 17,446 times
Reputation: 17
Nudnk,
You still don't get it! Just because a builder owns what they own now and you've looked it up in the public county records means nothing. Do you know that Pulte/Centex and many other builders owned outright many lots and subdivisions and had to walk away? You can also find that in the county records. Over the last few years every builder had to make decisions based on what lots would be worth keeping and which lots to walk away from even if they owned them outright. There is not a builder out there that would stay in a community for any length of time if they stopped selling. They would take their losses and decide to spend that money else where. You have down talked and blamed sales people like this problem is their fault but believe the VP marketing person. WOW! Again some of your information is inaccurate. Just be happy you live in a neighborhood that is selling homes and as long as they do the builder stays put!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:43 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top