Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 08:33 PM

62 posts, read 146,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwally View Post
I just wanted to add that homes are constantly being built here. However, Ryan pulled out of Glendalough a mile or so down the road. There are about 10 homes built scattered on the land, and everything is deserted. It is sad.
First I had heard of that. Wonder if they are just waiting until the market picks back up? That is\was going to be a nice neighborhood.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:37 PM

211 posts, read 708,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianTrailDude View Post
First I had heard of that. Wonder if they are just waiting until the market picks back up? That is\was going to be a nice neighborhood.
can you tell me exactly where it is? I can't picture it...

Old 11-19-2008, 09:37 PM

743 posts, read 2,242,462 times
It is down Poplin Road towards Unionville/IT Rd. On the corner of poplin and u/it. just a couple miles from FF.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:00 AM

62 posts, read 146,329 times
Based on the article in the paper today, it looks like they are also delaying the additional high school build near Hemby Bridge, so they may get some stability for a few years at Porter Ridge and the area elementary schools.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:42 AM

4 posts, read 8,683 times
How far is the community from the Indian Trail area...? I'm from Maryland and have yet to become familiar with the area's. One of my sons friends live in community. I believe they just closed on that house a month ago...they may have more info?

Old 11-20-2008, 03:36 PM

364 posts, read 1,167,611 times
Ryan homes said they are looking for a buyer/builder, and that they may also come back to this development in the future if the market gets better. What about the people who bought the houses and now live in an undeveloped area? Is it just too bad for them?

Old 11-20-2008, 05:52 PM

236 posts, read 695,309 times
Yes its too bad...Ryan does not own the lots, so they don't care who buys the lots or builds there. Some developer with probably little cash owns the lots and unless someone steps in, the bank will likely take the development back.

The people who bought the homes probably expected that it would be a "good investment...to get in early." With every investment comes risk unfortunatley they'll probably pay the price...Let's just hope the economy works its self out soon.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:42 AM

314 posts, read 1,136,118 times
Ok, so now that I've FINALLY sold my house in St. Louis. I'll be looking into actually building at Fieldstone Farms.

Is everyone's opinion still the same about the community? Is it still a good place to build? Is everyone still happy there? Thoughts? Opinions? Rants? Raves?

Old 12-23-2008, 09:38 AM

161 posts, read 423,156 times
Still love it here! I have been transfered all over the past 12 yrs in and out of ctry for my DH work. This is honestly the first time I can say I feel like I am in 'My' Home and in 'my' happy place. Granted we are still not near family we can see often but a few hours sure beats a 2 day drive from Canada.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:10 AM

314 posts, read 1,136,118 times
Excellent. We really liked Fieldstone Farms when we looked at it. I've driven around the community numerous times, trying to get a feel for it. So, yes, I'm probably that creepy guy you've seen driving around in that little blue Suzuki Grand Vitara. Well, I hope I wasn't creepy. I wasn't trying to be creepy or anything.

Now I've got to wait until we close on the house and I'm finally rid of it. Then I need to start saving up for the down payment. Of course, without the other mortgate draining me each month, it'll be a heck of a lot easier. So, in a few months, I should have enough to get going on a house there.

Does anyone have the Casey? We're looking at building a Casey in Ravenhill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte