U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2008, 08:12 PM

201 posts, read 855,071 times

Advertisements

Hi guys....I'm just curious since there is talk about another extension of benefits....with NC potentially getting 13 weeks v. 7 weeks in my original state....NC is where I live and am looking so I would like the 13 weeks clearly....

When I first filed my claim in my original state and then called the office/changed my address to NC, I was told (actually got a live person...one in a million) that the claim would be transferred to NC....Nothing ever happened and I continued to claim in that original state....

Has anyone dealt with this? Did you actively do something to transfer it?
I'm wondering if I can even transfer at this point since my intitial claim expired....and if a transfer would delay any extended benefits....I'll take 7 weeks if they pass the extension Wednesday....but would rather 13 weeks since things aren't looking good...

Lord, this job market stinks. Boo Hiss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 09:09 PM

60 posts, read 143,062 times
Hey I would like the answer to that too?

Old 11-17-2008, 09:15 PM

21,846 posts, read 27,108,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moremoremore View Post
Hi guys....I'm just curious since there is talk about another extension of benefits....with NC potentially getting 13 weeks v. 7 weeks in my original state....NC is where I live and am looking so I would like the 13 weeks clearly....

When I first filed my claim in my original state and then called the office/changed my address to NC, I was told (actually got a live person...one in a million) that the claim would be transferred to NC....Nothing ever happened and I continued to claim in that original state....

Has anyone dealt with this? Did you actively do something to transfer it?
I'm wondering if I can even transfer at this point since my intitial claim expired....and if a transfer would delay any extended benefits....I'll take 7 weeks if they pass the extension Wednesday....but would rather 13 weeks since things aren't looking good...

Lord, this job market stinks. Boo Hiss
Your claim is being handled as in interstate claim, but the original claim is a NY claim & will stay that way.

I lived in South Jersey & worked in Philly for many years. If I was hit by a cutback, I filed in Jersey but the claim was processed in Harrisburg & the checks came from there.

Sorry, that's the way it works.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:53 PM

201 posts, read 855,071 times
OK, thanks southbound. NY did tell me that my claim would be transferred though.....and it hasn't been...and I'm actually looking for work in the state I live....andc my money isn't being processed in NC but NY....strange...thanks for the info...

I actually just spent 20 min on hold with the NC ESC and they confirmed. I actually still don't think that's right. I think once you transfer yourself, the claim should be transferred to the state in which you reside..Anyhoo, I'll take what I can get...come on HR2827

Last edited by moremoremore; 11-18-2008 at 03:10 PM..

Old 11-18-2008, 01:57 PM

21,846 posts, read 27,108,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moremoremore View Post
OK, thanks southbound. NY did tell me that my claim would be transferred though.....and it hasn't been...and I'm actually looking for work in the state I live....strange...thanks for the info...
You can check back with them & ask for clarification, but I believe that what they meant, but didn't clearly tell you, is that the claim would be transferred to interstate (from in state)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or