U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 03:38 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,550 posts, read 6,680,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
How good was the draft root beer served in a frosted mug...

Good enough that it deserved a carbonated category all it's own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 05:39 PM

2,298 posts, read 1,865,873 times
Cheese fries with gravy are fantastic. They are also know as disco fries since nobody that I know has ever ordered them before 2 am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Ani, I never heard of gravy on fries either. I know that they do a cheese thing on fries in Baltimore.

Old 12-16-2008, 08:41 PM

8,436 posts, read 10,221,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
I'll go along with that toast any old day. Except the White Castles. Virtual or real, they should always be consumed after sundown and you should never remember actually eating them.
Ahhh, White Castle...the good ole days.....

Actually did you know there used to be a "blue castle" in Passaic? Crazy....

Once in a while back in the day, me and my co-workers would have a bet. The bet would be we'd goto White Castle for lunch (have a minimum of 7-10burgers obv), come back to work and the winner would be the last guy who didn't use the crapper....

Most people who haven't eaten at WC would think this wouldn't be a big deal, but let me tell you, it worked just like a physic......

Old 12-16-2008, 08:45 PM

454 posts, read 854,057 times
Hey CouponJack, where in Passaic? I don't remember that one..River Road?

Old 12-16-2008, 08:53 PM

8,436 posts, read 10,221,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncgdad1 View Post
Hey CouponJack, where in Passaic? I don't remember that one..River Road?
Well, I believe it was a good 20 yrs since I went to it and I was pretty hammered at the time.....It was either on River Rd or Main...can't remember which one....not a great area obv....

Old 12-16-2008, 09:00 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,238,534 times
Quote:
Ani, I never heard of gravy on fries either. I know that they do a cheese thing on fries in Baltimore.
Your from New Jersey and haven't heard of fries with gravy???. Wonder if it just a North Jersey thing . They are so good especially around 2am at your favorite diner.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:05 PM

13,041 posts, read 12,889,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
Your from New Jersey and haven't heard of fries with gravy???. Wonder if it just a North Jersey thing . They are so good especially around 2am at your favorite diner.
I lived in South Jersey from 1964 until this year & never once heard of gravy on fries. South Jersey is a very different place.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I lived in South Jersey from 1964 until this year & never once heard of gravy on fries. South Jersey is a very different place.
That is so true. My sister lives in South Jersey and I spend a lot of time there. I just didn't realize that fries with gravy was only a northern thing. That's pretty funny since it is the same state and it's not even a big one. I also did not know pork roll (taylor ham) was a NJ thing and that people from NY never heard of it until I moved down here.
I really do need to stop talking about food. It seems like that is all I have talked about for weeks.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:27 PM

13,041 posts, read 12,889,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssd3 View Post
That is so true. My sister lives in South Jersey and I spend a lot of time there. I just didn't realize that fries with gravy was only a northern thing. That's pretty funny since it is the same state and it's not even a big one. I also did not know pork roll (taylor ham) was a NJ thing and that people from NY never heard of it until I moved down here.
I really do need to stop talking about food. It seems like that is all I have talked about for weeks.
Well, I have to admit that I wondered about the Taylor & Case pork roll at Pathmark & bought some a couple of years ago. None of my friends (natives of South Jersey) could tell me what to do with it. I didn't really care for it. I guess it must have been there for people from North Jersey who had moved into the area.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Well, I have to admit that I wondered about the Taylor & Case pork roll at Pathmark & bought some a couple of years ago. None of my friends (natives of South Jersey) could tell me what to do with it. I didn't really care for it. I guess it must have been there for people from North Jersey who had moved into the area.
If I had my choice it's Case's all the way But since I am down here I have only been able to find Taylors but that's ok I'll take it. Beggers can't be choosers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte