U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 04:40 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,550 posts, read 6,750,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
You got that right. BEST jukebox and I love the stale beer smell. You can still get dollar mugs of beer during the day. (It's Bud, though) I miss the shuffleboard table, but was glad to find one in Charlotte at the Gin Mill. Best Pizza on the Boardwalk??? Sawmill or Marucca's??
Still partial to the larger Three Brothers from Italy around the center of the boardwalk. Expensive slices but they're huge. At least you get the feeling that you're getting most of your money's worth from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 04:51 PM

1,893 posts, read 3,253,909 times
LOVE Three Bros., but next year try the Sawmill. They are even bigger!! OK, I'll give the thread back now.........

Old 11-18-2008, 05:40 PM

48 posts, read 221,452 times
Default "Home" is where you just moved from...

You're so right about calling places "home". We moved to Charlotte a few months ago, from San Diego. We lived in San Diego for 6 years but before that, we were in Ohio. While we were in California, Ohio was "home", but now that we're in NC, California is "home". That's so funny!

Before I join the reminiscing, I will say that I do love it here in Charlotte--the people are wonderful, and we are much happier here than we were in San Diego. There are always little things you're going to miss anywhere you go, though, so here are some of my things:

I, too, miss Baja Fresh--and truly spicy foods, for that matter. Has anyone noticed that they don't sell "hot" taco sauce--just mild and medium? And I also miss the dog-friendliness of CA...you could bring your dog just about anywhere (seriously, people would be in department stores, Barnes & Noble, Blockbuster...you name it, dogs were allowed inside).

Old 11-18-2008, 05:58 PM

42 posts, read 187,486 times
I miss White Castle!!!! Especially at 2:00AM

Old 11-18-2008, 06:09 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm0403 View Post
I miss White Castle!!!! Especially at 2:00AM
Do you know anybody who has ever been at a White Castle in broad daylight? That place should just keep 11 pm to 5 am hours.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:15 PM

615 posts, read 1,130,216 times
Default Missing Cincinnati

White Castle coffee, Graeters Ice Cream, La Rosa Pizza, Skyline Chili, Big Boy hold the middle bun extra pickles ... with onion rings and a Hot Fudge Cake for dessert

Findlay Market in downtown, Ohio's oldest continuously operated public market

I miss the incredible City of Cincinnati and Hamilton County parks, Spring Grove Arboreteum, and the view of the bridges spanning the Ohio River, looking westward, as the sun sets

We're visiting next week - have to bring out the cold weather clothes!

Old 11-18-2008, 06:23 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing a Perkins pop up. I used to get this five stack of pancakes. Every time I'd order them I'd wind up wondering how I was going to finish them. I'd tell myself to get the three stack next time, but I'd always wind up with the five.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:27 PM

708 posts, read 1,363,820 times
Oh abcornwell you reminded me, I miss the Hard Times Cafe in Virginia that specialized in chili. Mmmm... So yummy.

I used to also miss "Five Guys Burgers & Fries", a mid-atlantic, Maryland-based burger place, but now they're everywhere in Charlotte. They're clearly doing well.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:23 PM

1,312 posts, read 3,105,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
Oh abcornwell you reminded me, I miss the Hard Times Cafe in Virginia that specialized in chili. Mmmm... So yummy.

I used to also miss "Five Guys Burgers & Fries", a mid-atlantic, Maryland-based burger place, but now they're everywhere in Charlotte. They're clearly doing well.
I love that place!!! They had one in Rockville, MD, too. I didn't know that wasn't the only one. Great chili!

Old 11-19-2008, 07:09 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,292,894 times
I miss walking down King Street in Old Town Alexandria, VA and popping into and out of all of the independent shops. I also miss picking a random side street and marveling at the historic buildings.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte