Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 12:25 PM

9 posts, read 20,545 times

Advertisements

We are a hispanic family of 4 moving form LA to Charlotte. My husband will be tranfer to Concord and I will finally be able to stay home with our children. We are looking for a nice, family friendly neighborhood with good public schools. Our budget is 150K - 200k. Can anyone help us find a nice area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2007, 01:23 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,832,446 times
There are all kinds of nice locations. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:04 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,147,867 times
Hi Proud Mom,

If you'd like to see what is available in the Concord area you may access my website (found under my Profile). Go to Property Search and select Charlotte Region. Then choose Concord. Put in your price range $150-200 and it will show you everything that is on mls. If you see something you're interested in and want more information send me a note. Good luck with the move.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:47 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,486,415 times
Well, I have no idea about Concord. But we moved from Pasadena, CA to South of Charlotte.

Welcome.

Dawn

Old 02-24-2007, 07:17 PM

Thanks for responding,
I heard a lot of good things about Charlotte, but how affordable is it? How about the weather? Do you have a lot of tornados? Do you know the driving distance from Concord to Charlotte? Do you miss the home of the rose parade? Sorry I have so many questions.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:29 PM

Yup, I miss it a LOT! My friends lived on the parade route and we went to their house every year and sat on their front lawn to watch the parade. We would take pot luck b-fast and lunch and make it a day!

I have no idea about the commute from Concord.

No tornados that I know of.

Affordable? Well, that is relative! We sold our house for a small fortune in Pasadena and bought a house more than double the size for 1/2 the price here.

Will your husband work in Charlotte or in Concord? I forgot your original post.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud mom View Post
Thanks for responding,
I heard a lot of good things about Charlotte, but how affordable is it? How about the weather? Do you have a lot of tornados? Do you know the driving distance from Concord to Charlotte? Do you miss the home of the rose parade? Sorry I have so many questions.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:05 PM

Hi Dawn,

My husband job is in Concord. We are looking around no more than 30 min commute as long as it’s a nice friendly community. How long have you been living in Charlotte? Are you familiar with the following areas/subdivisions: Idlewild Farms, Parkview East, in the Mecklenburg County? What do you think of Stanly County?

Can anyone familiar with these areas help me out?

Old 02-24-2007, 11:59 PM

435 posts, read 1,814,596 times
If your husbands job is in Concord, your best best is to stay in the northern part of Charlotte- near the University area, Harrisburg or even east of Charlotte a little bit along I-485. The part of I-485 (from Matthews up to the University area) is starting to be built up and their are a lot of new homes going up. Plus you would go against traffic & would be an easier commute.

Old 02-25-2007, 08:49 AM

I know none of the ones you mentioned. I really am so NOT familiar with subdivisions. I am trying to get used to people answering me with the subdivision name when I ask where they live. What I want is street names/areas.....when they say they live in "Providence whatever" I have to ask, "where is that???"

But I am also not familiar at all with the Concord area.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud mom View Post
Hi Dawn,

My husband job is in Concord. We are looking around no more than 30 min commute as long as it’s a nice friendly community. How long have you been living in Charlotte? Are you familiar with the following areas/subdivisions: Idlewild Farms, Parkview East, in the Mecklenburg County? What do you think of Stanly County?

Can anyone familiar with these areas help me out?

Old 02-25-2007, 09:26 AM

thanks for all your help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte