Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 04:12 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,389,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
umm LOVES can you say IT SUCKS.....lol....I DONT LIKE U NOW...ROFL...IT IS COLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD....and No im not planning on swimming in in feb HOWEVER I would like NOT TO WEAR A DOWN FEATHERED JACKET.....lol

umm how many days until spring....
HAHAHAHA - you are right, I'm tired of heavy jackets myself right about now. Just got back from a trip to Sam's which I was able to make in short sleeves Heading out for a power walk before dark right now - maybe I'll bring a sweater so I don't get too chilly LOL Sorry to rub it in Stacie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 06:07 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,301,005 times
ahh YOU GO FOR YOUR WALK lady, while im FREEZING here did I mention ITS COLD....LOL...ahh I still love ya and must meet for lunch when I get there...

You enjoy your warmth and think of us!!!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 05:46 PM

66 posts, read 254,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Oh man, wish you were here today Mik...got my sliding glass door open to my screened porch and the birds are singing up a storm in the yard It is just beautiful here right now (it is currently 59 degrees)
If I had a way to move down there right now I would. Ttwo days of brushing snow off my car has really got me dreaming of Charlotte! And then this post by loves!

Old 02-27-2007, 09:47 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,071,533 times
On the same note, Charlotte news channel WBTV predicts Thursday night and into early Friday morning severe storms are a high probability with isolated tornadoes. So bring on spring!

Old 03-01-2007, 09:30 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,071,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
On the same note, Charlotte news channel WBTV predicts Thursday night and into early Friday morning severe storms are a high probability with isolated tornadoes. So bring on spring!
Update:

Weather forcasters predict first round of possibly severe storms to come through this afternoon in the southern Piedmont, with the best chance of severe weather coming later this evenng and overnight. Tornado watches will likely be needed this afternoon.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:00 AM

48 posts, read 150,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
Update:

Weather forcasters predict first round of possibly severe storms to come through this afternoon in the southern Piedmont, with the best chance of severe weather coming later this evenng and overnight. Tornado watches will likely be needed this afternoon.
If they blow away the house I'm moving into this weekend I am totally calling the Mayor of Charlotte.

EDIT: And the Queen.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duquesne View Post
If they blow away the house I'm moving into this weekend I am totally calling the Mayor of Charlotte.

EDIT: And the Queen.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - thanks for the laugh!

I wouldn't be too worried about the weather, there is only the possibility of severe weather which means we'll probably only get a heavy thunderstorm for a while this evening.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:24 AM

16 posts, read 55,464 times
What you'll learn after living in Carolina for awhile: (I grew up here. )

Tornado watches will happen 5 out of 7 days in the spring.
Tornado warnings will happen at least once a week in the spring. lol.

7 out of 7 days in the spring will have a thunderstorm watch.

And in the summer, you will pray for the storms to roll thru to break the heat!!!

Unless you hear the train, you're fine!

My husband is from England and they don't get crazy stormy weather like that as often as we do - he still gets stressed out with Spring in the carolinas and he's lived here for ten years!

Old 03-01-2007, 10:59 AM

48 posts, read 150,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schotzie View Post
Unless you hear the train, you're fine!
That being the sound of said-tornado? O.o

Since basements are rare there, where do you go in such cases?

Old 03-01-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duquesne View Post
That being the sound of said-tornado? O.o

Since basements are rare there, where do you go in such cases?
Go into the most interior part of your home without windows, preferrably a bathroom so you can climb in the tub, grab bed pillows or couch cushions to cover your head with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte