U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:55 AM

290 posts, read 701,968 times

Advertisements

Hi all! My family and I are considering purchasing a pet salon for sale in Mooresville. We are curious about certain things and have a few questions.
1.) How is the economy in Mooresville? Did it take a dive this year?
2.) How many in this forum use/have used a pet salon/grooming shop?
3.) Are there lots of pet owning homes in Mooresville and surrounding areas?
4.) Does Mooresville being NASCARs hometown help or hinder the economy?
5.) Here in Jacksonville, FL, there is a grooming shop on every corner,resulting in over saturation.Do you see a shop on every corner or are they spread far apart?
6.) Have any shops/salons shut down this year that you know of?

I know that some of you can't answer all of my questions but if you would just give me some input,I would appreciate it. we are exploring every avenue and just wanting to do some serious research before we make such a life changing decision. Thanks for your help

Karen- Certified Master Groomer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 07:49 PM

LOL Bummer, nobody wants to answer me

Old 11-25-2008, 07:56 PM

1,865 posts, read 4,686,220 times
Which shop is it that you're looking to purchase? Knowing it's location might help in getting you some answers.

BxRosie

Old 11-25-2008, 07:57 PM

Carolina paw Prints.. I dont know which side of 77 its on or anything as I havent been there yet... We are lookn at all possible pros and cons

Old 11-26-2008, 07:16 AM

569 posts, read 1,188,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetGroomer View Post
Hi all! My family and I are considering purchasing a pet salon for sale in Mooresville. We are curious about certain things and have a few questions.
1.) How is the economy in Mooresville? Did it take a dive this year?
2.) How many in this forum use/have used a pet salon/grooming shop?
3.) Are there lots of pet owning homes in Mooresville and surrounding areas?
4.) Does Mooresville being NASCARs hometown help or hinder the economy?
5.) Here in Jacksonville, FL, there is a grooming shop on every corner,resulting in over saturation.Do you see a shop on every corner or are they spread far apart?
6.) Have any shops/salons shut down this year that you know of?

I know that some of you can't answer all of my questions but if you would just give me some input,I would appreciate it. we are exploring every avenue and just wanting to do some serious research before we make such a life changing decision. Thanks for your help

Karen- Certified Master Groomer
I noticed your post has not received many responses so I will do my best to give you some input. I personally do not live in Mooresville but I am from Charlotte and live close in near downtown. Within 1 mile of my neighborhood there are 3 dog grooming businesses. The good news is I have yet to see any of these go under. My wife and I use to use one of them pretty often but lately we have cut back due of course to economics. There currently are tons of pet businesses near us. Everything from salons to even a dog bar. LOL The market may be a little saturated right now. The service of pet grooming may be considered by some to be more of a luxury right now. Similar to that of a $4.00 latte from (well you know where). Anyways good luck with the business. I hope it works out for you...

Old 11-26-2008, 07:21 AM

Thank you! I figured the Charlotte market was a bit flooded, seeing as how Jacksonville's is 1 on every corner! Now ya gotta tell me..a dog bar?? what in the world is a dog bar? Enquiring Dog minds must know!

Old 11-26-2008, 07:25 AM

1,808 posts, read 5,756,567 times
The Dog Bar is a bar where you can take your dog.

Dog Bar in NoDa

Old 11-26-2008, 07:28 AM

1,808 posts, read 5,756,567 times
If you haven't already done so, you might want to check out this Web site to get some additional feedback from pet owners in/around Charlotte.

Queen City Dog - CHARLOTTE'S ONLINE DOG COMMUNITY

Old 11-26-2008, 07:28 AM

569 posts, read 1,188,426 times
Quote:
Thank you! I figured the Charlotte market was a bit flooded, seeing as how Jacksonville's is 1 on every corner! Now ya gotta tell me..a dog bar?? what in the world is a dog bar? Enquiring Dog minds must know!

The dog bar is awesome! It's a real bar for dogs. The area is fenced in and all the dogs pretty much run free. Sometimes it gets a little overwhelming. On a good night I have seen probably around 25-30 dogs up there. One problem is no ones beer is safe on the tables. It is always exciting. Sometimes they will have Carolina Panther parties on Sundays. The owner actually also owns one of the larger pet boarding facilities in Charlotte. Thier site is www.dogbarnoda.com If you ever move it is worth the trip to come down from Mooresville.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:35 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,686,220 times
Quote:
Carolina paw Prints.. I dont know which side of 77 its on or anything as I havent been there yet... We are lookn at all possible pros and cons
Carolina Paw Prints on Main St or River Hwy? I actually googled it & found 3 locations with the same name, but can't tell if they're all current or not.

BxRosie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or