Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2008, 10:51 AM

143 posts, read 535,556 times

Advertisements

I've already been doing the Angel Tree and now I'm interested in helping animals. Does anyone donate (time, money, supplies, etc) on a regular basis or every now and then to the animal shelters? If so, what are they most in need of.

I looked on the Humane Society's site (Charlotte) and they have a wish list but I was just curious. I wonder if the animal surrenders are up in the Charlotte area because of the economy? It makes me so sad to think about it Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 10:54 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,359,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kja25 View Post
I've already been doing the Angel Tree and now I'm interested in helping animals. Does anyone donate (time, money, supplies, etc) on a regular basis or every now and then to the animal shelters? If so, what are they most in need of.

I looked on the Humane Society's site (Charlotte) and they have a wish list but I was just curious. I wonder if the animal surrenders are up in the Charlotte area because of the economy? It makes me so sad to think about it Any thoughts?
This was reported on the news the other night, animals are being abandoned when people abandon their foreclosed homes. So yes, numbers of animals needing help are up. I personally support a really nice lady out in Gaston County who does cat rescue while running her own boarding business for cats. The paying side of her business helps her with the resuce side. I would be glad to give you her info if you would like to make a donation - I know she would appreciate it

Old 11-26-2008, 10:56 AM

549 posts, read 1,735,083 times
The Humane Society can always use people to help exercise animals, clean pens, etc but watch out because you'll end up taking home more animals than you intended!

Old 11-26-2008, 11:07 AM

144 posts, read 402,245 times
you can help by fostering an animal in your home so they can have more room in the shelter.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:12 AM

549 posts, read 1,735,083 times
^Fostering animals is great but make sure that you can handle it. That's what I meant when I wrote that you'll end up taking home more animals than you intended.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:20 AM

143 posts, read 535,556 times
I wish I could foster but I already have 3 furry animals in a 1,000 sq ft house *sigh* Plus, I would get so attached to them I would end up wanting to keep the fosters

I'm hoping a monetary or supply donation would help out just as well.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:54 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,472,239 times
Hi kja25,

I volunteer for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Animal Care and Control (the shelter). I am sure the shelter would appreciate any supplies or money you could spare. Here's a link to their Web site where they explain how the process works: Donation (http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Animal+Control/Donation.htm - broken link)

Thank you so much for thinking of the animals during the holiday season!

Old 11-26-2008, 12:38 PM

22,192 posts, read 29,178,956 times
Ctri-When are they doing another adoption out in the area? I missed the one at SouthPark..

Old 11-26-2008, 12:40 PM

1,808 posts, read 6,472,239 times
Hi Himain - we're at SouthPark on the first Saturday of every month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Ctri-When are they doing another adoption out in the area? I missed the one at SouthPark..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte