U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 06:59 AM

3,423 posts, read 9,226,266 times

Advertisements

I took a drive down to and around the stadium Saturday afternoon. Looks like this'll be tricky at best. I'm nervous that, since this show is on a Thursday night, that we'll get there and all of the parking decks will still be full from the normal uptown workers who might still be there at that time. I think I'll call the arena and talk to them and see what they would recommend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 07:41 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,065,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
I took a drive down to and around the stadium Saturday afternoon. Looks like this'll be tricky at best. I'm nervous that, since this show is on a Thursday night, that we'll get there and all of the parking decks will still be full from the normal uptown workers who might still be there at that time. I think I'll call the arena and talk to them and see what they would recommend.
I don't think you'll have much trouble at all. Being a former arena employee the lots and parking decks do free up. They do jack up the parking rates in the lots across from the arena, $15 to $20 bucks I believe. Can't remember what the decks are?

Old 12-09-2008, 07:53 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,303,132 times
Park on the corner of Brevard and 6th streets. It's a very short walk to he arena from there. Parking is $10 for Bobcats games- similar, I'm sure for concerts. You will have no problem with worker congestion- just plan to arrive 30 or so minutes before the show. I've had season tickets for 3 seasons, and gone to Van Halen and the Police at the arena- you can trust that you'll be fine!

Old 12-09-2008, 08:03 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,271,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
They do jack up the parking rates in the lots across from the arena, $15 to $20 bucks I believe.

They only got me for seven bucks for Springsteen back in April.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:14 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,303,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Tell the truth! You know it was for the NKOTB concert!

Old 12-09-2008, 08:21 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
Tell the truth! You know it was for the NKOTB concert!

Telling the truth I wouldn't go to a NKOTB concert for the same price that I paid to park for Springsteen.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Wow, that's not bad. I heard the VH concert was pretty good. I watched them warm up (even though I wasn't suppose to, I sneaked a quick peak) and bought a tee.

Duh, just reallized you said Springsteen, someone else mentioned VH.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
Wow, that's not bad. I heard the VH concert was pretty good. I watched them warm up (even though I wasn't suppose to, I sneaked a quick peak) and bought a tee.

Duh, just reallized you said Springsteen, someone else mentioned VH.

Seven bucks to park wound up being a great deal, second only to driving into the Giants Stadium lot for Bruce last July and not paying a cent. Nobody was manning the booths at the stadium entrance when I got there, I wasn't about to wait for someone to take my 20 dollar bill, and just drove right through. Half an hour later, there they were, taking twenty dollar bills from fans like they were going out of style.

20 bucks to park for about 11 or so hours. That's some pretty expensive real estate with those prices.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Seven bucks to park wound up being a great deal, second only to driving into the Giants Stadium lot for Bruce last July and not paying a cent. Nobody was manning the booths at the stadium entrance when I got there, I wasn't about to wait for someone to take my 20 dollar bill, and just drove right through. Half an hour later, there they were, taking twenty dollar bills from fans like they were going out of style.

20 bucks to park for about 11 or so hours. That's some pretty expensive real estate with those prices.
When I worked at the arena I had to work the b-ball games. Well it killed me that we already had to pay for parking and I hated that I had to pay again for working the game. Well a few of us knew of a certain parking deck that we moved our cars about 4ish no one was taking money in and by the time the game was over and we left, no one was collecting on the way out. I must say that the Bobcats did provide gamenight parking and DH would drop me off in the AM and then park in the provided deck and he would watch the game or if I didn't work I would watch too. But I certainaly wouldn't have parked their and gone alone.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:46 PM

3,423 posts, read 9,226,266 times
Thought I'd post an update. Everything went smooth getting into the arena for the show last night. Now, getting out afterward, that's a whole other story for some other time ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte