Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 09:07 AM

166 posts, read 411,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
I think it's a lovely neighborhood -- homes in there range from 1994 construction to brand new. They have great amenities The main issue that some of my clients have is that part of the community is assigned to Shiloh elementary school which is a year round school. If they have one child in elementary and another in middle or high school, the schedules might be different. I have heard that as a courtesy to the community the children assigned to Shiloh can attend Indian Trail, but that parents would be responsible for transportation (this I have not confirmed, however) Best of luck in your relocation

I think all year would be great to break up a hot summer. But all the schools should be on the same page
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 05:43 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
DR Horton has just put up signs on empty lots in BO...(near the forest view section)..

I'm assuming they are the new builder in here who took over for Ryan...

Homes look comparible so it doesn't seem like it'll be a hodgepodge if homes ever start selling again....

Old 03-26-2009, 05:32 PM

80 posts, read 199,988 times
I rent a home in Brandon Oaks. I like it here. It is a very big community. I live in the older section built in 1994. There are 2 pools, basketball court, tennis courts....Lots of families w/kids...dogs..cats...etc..All the stores you need are right around the corner. It is a clean subdivision. My oldest goes to Sun Valley High...My youngest goes to Indian Trail Elementary.
Good Luck!!!

Old 03-26-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuhotbachatera View Post
I rent a home in Brandon Oaks. I like it here. It is a very big community. I live in the older section built in 1994. There are 2 pools, basketball court, tennis courts....Lots of families w/kids...dogs..cats...etc..All the stores you need are right around the corner. It is a clean subdivision. My oldest goes to Sun Valley High...My youngest goes to Indian Trail Elementary.
Good Luck!!!
I didn't say there was really anything wrong w/the community, I was just pointing out that DR took over the lots that were sitting idle after Ryan pulled out.

DR has their "trailer" sitting near the back entrance (by the Harris Teeter)

Old 03-29-2009, 08:20 AM

260 posts, read 675,541 times
Since this post is 2 years old, I wonder where if the O.P. bought in Brandan Oaks?

Old 03-30-2009, 10:17 AM

4 posts, read 51,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundslikefun View Post
Thanks for your input. We decided to go for it and made an offer on a home in Brandon Oaks. We are very excited to be coming to NC. Can anyone tell me where the nearest shopping is from Indian Trail?
BEWARE the train!!
There is a very loud train that passes by that neighborhood. I live on the other side of Rt 74 to Brandon Oaks, and I hear the train loud and clear at my house. I can't even imagine how loud it is in Brandon Oaks...

Old 03-30-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingout_1 View Post
BEWARE the train!!
There is a very loud train that passes by that neighborhood. I live on the other side of Rt 74 to Brandon Oaks, and I hear the train loud and clear at my house. I can't even imagine how loud it is in Brandon Oaks...
The train that goes through Indian Trail passes about 1 1/2 miles from me at its closest point (& I'm in Brandon Oaks). I can't even tell you when it passes through the town. That's how much I notice it.

Sorry that your bitter about something buddy.....

Old 03-30-2009, 03:07 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingout_1 View Post
BEWARE the train!!
Beware the trian??? If people were that concerned about it they would miss out on lots of nice places to live from uptown Charlotte all the way thru Elizabeth, Chantilly, southeast Charlotte, Matthews, Indian Trail and beyond! This is really a nonissue.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:53 PM

175 posts, read 412,593 times
I remember as a kid growing up we lived at least 7-8 miles from the train tracks, but at night when all was calm you could hear the whistle blowing way off in the distance. And one day I read some ghost story about a train somewhere in NC and from then on I was always spooked when I heard that dang whistle!

Never lived in Brandon Oaks...but I can't imagine that it would be too terrible. There aren't that many trains that run that set of tracks. However, if you aren't a big fan of the trains it might be enough to bug you.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:23 PM

314 posts, read 1,136,118 times
I currently live in Brandon Oaks. Only on a really quiet night, with the windows open, can you hear a train faintly in the distance. Not even a slight concern.

Although, Brandon Oaks is a big place and I'm near the back end. If you were right up at the front end, it might be a different story.

Every single place you find to live ANYWHERE is going to have SOMETHING wrong with it. If it's not a train, it's too close to the highway. If it's not close to a highway or train, then it's too far from everything. Sure, there's a train. It's in the back yard though.

In Missouri, I lived way up on a hill and at the bottom of that hill was a train. You get used to it and it becomes subaudible after awhile. I remember several times when I had a friend over and the train went by. The were surprised by it and asked if that was a train. I hadn't even heard the train until they mentioned it and specifically brought attention to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte