U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 05:00 PM

36 posts, read 151,475 times

Advertisements

Hey! We are relocating from Colorado in the next 6 weeks. Hubby and I just returned from a house hunting trip last night and wanted input about the Indian Trail area, specifically Brandon Oaks neighborhood. We found a home we loved and are considering making an offer on it. Anyone here living in Brandon Oaks? We really liked the feel of the neighborhood and all the amenities but would appreciate hearing from someone who lives there. Also, are the schools terribly overcrowded? And how convenient is shopping/dining from this area?

Thanks for your advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 05:14 PM

1,891 posts, read 5,553,635 times
I think it's a lovely neighborhood -- homes in there range from 1994 construction to brand new. They have great amenities The main issue that some of my clients have is that part of the community is assigned to Shiloh elementary school which is a year round school. If they have one child in elementary and another in middle or high school, the schedules might be different. I have heard that as a courtesy to the community the children assigned to Shiloh can attend Indian Trail, but that parents would be responsible for transportation (this I have not confirmed, however) Best of luck in your relocation

Old 02-26-2007, 06:02 PM

7,930 posts, read 17,786,830 times
All I can tell you after all my research of Brandon Oaks is, www.greatschools.net and look at schools I certaintly dont want to offend anyone that will give you scores and whatnot, however you have to visit the school yourself and talk to other parents....and read the reviews...good luck to you..We lived in Littleton for 5.5 yrs before coming back home to NY/NJ.....

Old 03-01-2007, 05:48 PM

Thanks for your input. We decided to go for it and made an offer on a home in Brandon Oaks. We are very excited to be coming to NC. Can anyone tell me where the nearest shopping is from Indian Trail?

Old 03-01-2007, 05:59 PM

435 posts, read 1,676,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundslikefun View Post
Thanks for your input. We decided to go for it and made an offer on a home in Brandon Oaks. We are very excited to be coming to NC. Can anyone tell me where the nearest shopping is from Indian Trail?
What kind of shopping? You mean mall wise?
I know that there is a mall in Monroe (down hwy 74). Then you have Carolina Place Mall, South Park & Eastland (stay away at night!).
Then you have a shopping center off Hwy 74/Hwy 51 called Sycamore (I think thats the name) that has Old Navy, World Market, etc.
You also have the Arboretum Shopping Center at the corner of Providence Rd & Hwy 51
http://www.aacusa.com/arbo.html (broken link) & http://www.shoparboretum.com/
I know there are more places to shop but my mind is drawing a blank
http://www.newcomer.com/cities/charlotte/CHLTsouthsouthwest.html (broken link)

I also like Brandon Oaks- I've driven by it a lot on my way to & from work. One of my co-workers lives there

Last edited by lovethebigcity; 03-01-2007 at 06:48 PM..

Old 03-01-2007, 06:46 PM

743 posts, read 2,026,923 times
I am in Indian Trail and I usually go to Carolina Place and the other direction is Concord Mills. I have been to Monroe Mall twice, it is small and not a lot of stores. Along 74, there are many stores, Target, Pier One to name a few good ones. Then up in Matthews on 74 there are many shopping centers. You can go to several different stores for a couple of weeks and never hit the same store twice. Its great. I have been here 3 months and still have not hit many stores here. You will love it.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:31 AM

Wow! That sounds great! We are very excited to get there, but of course a little nervous also. We hope people are as friendly and easy to meet as this forum makes them sound. Our children hope to make lots of new friends.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:44 PM

525 posts, read 1,644,342 times
Carolina Place is about 15/20 minutes plus within ohhhh 20 minutes you have about 4 Targets/Lowes etc LOL. We are very close to 485 and close to uptown as well. SouthPark is a really nice upscale mall (Neiman Marcus, Kate Spade, Louis Vuitton etc) and it is close too. StoneCrest on Rea Rd is nice, Matthews about 10-15 minutes north has Target, Lowes, Hobby Lobby, AC Moore, Old Navy, World Market, Michaels etc plus Kohls, Sam's Costco etc. There are A LOT of places to shop!
Plus Harris Teeter is right outside Brandon Oaks and a Starbucks is going in and there is also a drycleaner, tanning joint and CVS there too. HT is pricey but they have GReAT weekly specials.
Good luck!

Old 03-03-2007, 09:05 PM

435 posts, read 1,676,815 times
I've heard they are also going to build a Showmar's near there as well (near Brandon Oaks, the Starbuck's & CVS). Showmar's is a great resturant. LOVE the Pita Burgers!
http://www.showmars.com/

Old 03-03-2007, 09:17 PM

235 posts, read 665,612 times
Looks like we will be looking at Indian trail as well. I would like the Porter Ridge Schools though from what I have seen. I like the idea of my kids being near each other.
Can't wait to visit in a month!
Talia

Soundslikefun...How old are your kids??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or