U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2007, 06:24 PM

177 posts, read 591,653 times

Advertisements

We are planning to relocate to Charlotte from the Hampton Roads area of VA. I've had some interviews w/Wachovia, but no offers yet. Does anyone have a name of a good IT headhunter in the area? I'm sure I'm missing out on tons of solid IT companies just by searching online...

Also, why is the price of gas so high there?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 06:30 PM

7,929 posts, read 17,758,855 times
All my dh too has had numerous interviews with Wachovia he was contacting this evening so we will see, however in the meantime you will find that ALL headhunters/Recruiters will have the same company's wachovia/BofA BB&t, Duke Energy etc..my dh is in IT as well...we however have been lucky, he has met great people and has a world wind of opportunites once we are ready, my issue is my house if we dont sell we dont go...lol...good luck to you

Old 02-26-2007, 07:17 PM

414 posts, read 1,269,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
All my dh too has had numerous interviews with Wachovia he was contacting this evening so we will see, however in the meantime you will find that ALL headhunters/Recruiters will have the same company's wachovia/BofA BB&t, Duke Energy etc..my dh is in IT as well...we however have been lucky, he has met great people and has a world wind of opportunites once we are ready, my issue is my house if we dont sell we dont go...lol...good luck to you
If are waiting on your house to sell. How do you know when to tell the company you are ready to start for a new job? What is the point of contacting them if you are not ready to move yet?

Old 02-26-2007, 10:03 PM

tb MY DH will go before me and the kids, as well as depending on the level your at with any of these company's they do offer many options with RELO packages....considering he is making more money there than here which is very ironic we can manage...

Old 02-26-2007, 10:06 PM

meaning that if he is offered a job without assistance than we have to rethink our position, but if the company is offering relo which most of them are then we will go or he will go and We will follow....I should have made that clear...We will relo ourselves if neccesary because that was our plan but after dh spoke to alot of people we may also be able to have a relo package and dh can negotiate that when the time comes....

Old 02-28-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:

Thanks...hopefully companies aren't holding off b/c I'm out of state, but from reading here that may be the case...

Old 02-28-2007, 01:30 PM

Mr, that hasnt been an issue for my dh...the consences is they love people from here because they are serious and aggessive meaning when it comes to what they do for a living...for my dh is just about finding the right opportunites..May I ask what do you do? dh has a few I can pass along....

Old 02-28-2007, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Mr, that hasnt been an issue for my dh...the consences is they love people from here because they are serious and aggessive meaning when it comes to what they do for a living...for my dh is just about finding the right opportunites..May I ask what do you do? dh has a few I can pass along....
I am trying to find a project management/business analyst/team lead position. I have a developer/dba background, also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or