U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 06:11 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,066,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Her voice reminds me of Scully from the x-files
Oh, and I loved X-files! OK, I'll give her another try and think of Scully and see if that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 08:02 AM

62 posts, read 130,991 times
Katz had a lot of good opinions, but verbalized in way too condescending of a manner for most liberal-minded and even some conservative types.
Tara has way too annoying of a voice. She will be even harder to listen too. WBT needs to look nationally to replace.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:29 AM

4,507 posts, read 8,007,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianTrailDude View Post
Katz had a lot of good opinions, but verbalized in way too condescending of a manner for most liberal-minded and even some conservative types.
Tara has way too annoying of a voice. She will be even harder to listen too. WBT needs to look nationally to replace.
I have thought for a long time that the station programming was way too 'local' and generally should be advertised as a political talk station. Other talk stations I have listened to over the years have had a variety of show types, political, financial, business, personal. with some local and some national hosts...I miss that variety on AM radio here.

Fortunately, DH got me an XM about a year after we moved here and so I could have more variety. I never caught on to Jeff Katz, he seemed a bit harsh for my taste so I guess I won't miss him. I'm not sure if Tara comes across as well on the radio as she did in print and while I appreciate her factual style backed up by statistics (married to an engieer for 18 years will do that to just about anyone, lol) I'm not sure the average listener will like it. I expect DH will though.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:07 AM

1,472 posts, read 3,660,050 times
My job has me working in Hickory and I dont get good transmission from WBT up there. So at 3pm, I started listening to WHKY (local Hickory station) and it has Rush 12-3, and Sean Hannity 3-6.

So I havent listened to Katz in a while. I really liked Katz but sometimes he would talk about something minor that happened in a city or school across the country for an hour or two straight which was annoying.

I liked Jason Lewis and thought he was great.

Tara is very smart but I hope WBT looks national.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:42 AM

1,343 posts, read 3,190,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
I made a special call to DH today with the news, he was ecstatic!

Last week while in the car the radio was on the AM station and Katz was blabbing away, DH was getting so worked up I changed the station back the to nice FM X-mas music.

I am not a big Tara fan, I think it's mostly her voice, it annoys me for some reason.

I'm glad to know it's not just me....her voice is grating to me....

Old 12-03-2008, 10:44 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,294,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
My job has me working in Hickory and I dont get good transmission from WBT up there. So at 3pm, I started listening to WHKY (local Hickory station) and it has Rush 12-3, and Sean Hannity 3-6.

So I havent listened to Katz in a while. I really liked Katz but sometimes he would talk about something minor that happened in a city or school across the country for an hour or two straight which was annoying.

I liked Jason Lewis and thought he was great.

Tara is very smart but I hope WBT looks national.
BRING BACK JASON LEWIS!! He was the best

Old 12-03-2008, 01:06 PM

2,155 posts, read 3,369,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterserv View Post
Maybe he'll head back to Israel

I don't remember mentioning that he was from Isreal. I thought he was from California.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:14 PM

755 posts, read 2,241,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
I have thought for a long time that the station programming was way too 'local' and generally should be advertised as a political talk station. Other talk stations I have listened to over the years have had a variety of show types, political, financial, business, personal. with some local and some national hosts...I miss that variety on AM radio here.
The appeal is that it's local, and not just a bunch of syndicated yahoos that you can hear anywhere. That's why I still faithfully listen online even though I've moved far, far away.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:15 PM

755 posts, read 2,241,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
BRING BACK JASON LEWIS!! He was the best
I liked Jason. But I really liked Spires and Krantz. I know they sort of imploded though....

Old 12-03-2008, 10:54 PM

4,760 posts, read 6,407,764 times
THe only thing I really like about Tara is that she will get on tirades about the scum that keeps getting let out of jail. I'm pretty sure she was pretty wound up about Cedric Gaston for a while. Then he nearly killed someone shortly after. Maybe she should have kept on until someone listened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or