U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 07:16 AM

45,269 posts, read 88,615,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debct View Post
Ok, when I look at the listings on realtor.com it will say Matthews for the town then union for the county. So now I got it it just referes to the mailing adress. But, now would the kids be going to union county schools? Oh, now reaon to be sorry for clearing something up
Yes, if your home is in Union county, even though you have a Matthews mailing address your child will go to school in Union county
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 08:52 AM

4,097 posts, read 10,181,191 times
You didn't mention commute. Will you or your DH have to commute to Uptown?

South in Waxhaw you can hit good deals. If you stay closer to 521 the commute wouldn't be as bad.

Dawn

Old 02-27-2007, 09:20 AM

7,529 posts, read 6,153,844 times
I would recommend you take a look at area 11, Cabarrus county, Concord and Kannapolis are both nice, we were in the same price range as you and we found an older home that was remodeled in 2000 with an upstairs addition put on, in wonderful shape,3/2, 1750 sq ft on a 1/3 of an acre, 6 ft privacy fencing all around, for $120,000. If you're patient (we were looking for about a year) you will find a gem.

Good Luck.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:54 AM

18,433 posts, read 29,522,036 times
I just don't know where we will be working, that will come later...leap of faith... but dh wants a master on the main if we get a 2 story, or he wants a 1 story. His knees and back aren't what they used to be.... I sound like we are 80yo but we are 33 and 34, lol.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:59 AM

If you don't know where you will be working, I would suggest looking at renting for a while.

We rented for only 3 months when we first got here, but it was the best because it gave us the chance to really look around and see where we wanted to live.

dawn

Old 02-27-2007, 06:54 PM

435 posts, read 1,677,995 times
There are some nice neighborhoods in South Charlotte that could meet your wants/needs- they aren't brand new homes, but they are in established neighborhoods.
I've also seen a lot of new homes going up along I-485- heading from the Matthews area up to the University. I'm not sure how expensive they are, but they do look really nice

Old 02-28-2007, 06:05 AM

245 posts, read 920,896 times
You can easily get within that price range and a new/newer home if you cross the border into SC.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:02 PM

435 posts, read 1,677,995 times
There is a neighborhood that I drive by everyday in Union County (live in Meck & work in Union) that looks to be in the price range you were asking about. Its off Airport Rd. (in between Hwy 84 & Goldmine Rd.) & I want to say the neighborhood is called Village at Wesley Chapel, but I could be wrong about that. I tried to look while I was driving but I missed the sign. They are still building in the neighborhood & they are nice homes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn
We can't really afford the 'well to do' areas, like in the 400k and all of that, we are looking at topping off at 150k. Is there anything out there like that out there? We dont mind buying an older house if its in good condition. I keep coming up with Forest Pawtucket, and its in area 8. Some good areas, some bad, I've heard on the board. I need to know where to look in this price area, if you are like my family, or know someone like that please help!! I'll be your best friend!!

Old 02-28-2007, 04:34 PM

17 posts, read 65,134 times
Hi Cinde, Don't Know If You Looked In The Triad Area Ws/gnbor/hp
But Keystone Homes They Build Homes In Your Price Arrange $120-163
Sq 1300 2300 You Can Check Out Their Website Be Carful There Are Alot Of Keystone's Out There.keystone Homes Will Be For The Triad Area And Their Website Will Say So.also Eastwood Homes They Start From $130's And Up For The Triad Area.they Do Build In The Charlotte Area But I Don't Know The Pricing.if You Have Children I'm Sure Some Of The More Expreinece Posters Can Help You Find A Good School System For The Area You Choose.i Can Remember When My Kids Were School Age And All You Wanted Was The Best Schools For Them.right Now Were Looking To Build I'm Taking My Time Doing Some Research And Homework Before We Relocate.the Posters Here Have Been Very Helpful And Very Informative.so Many Have Been A Big Help To Us.well Happy Home Hunting You'll Do Fine.good Luck.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:40 PM

Just be aware that that area is being rezoned for a less desirable school. Many are upset about this. It just pays to know beforehand.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethebigcity View Post
There is a neighborhood that I drive by everyday in Union County (live in Meck & work in Union) that looks to be in the price range you were asking about. Its off Airport Rd. (in between Hwy 84 & Goldmine Rd.) & I want to say the neighborhood is called Village at Wesley Chapel, but I could be wrong about that. I tried to look while I was driving but I missed the sign. They are still building in the neighborhood & they are nice homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or