U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 06:25 PM

93 posts, read 568,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
Just be aware that that area is being rezoned for a less desirable school. Many are upset about this. It just pays to know beforehand.

Dawn
it's important to mention that the school will be brand new and that a lot of teachers employed at Wesley Chapel Elem. (currently zoned to villages of wesley chapel) will be working at the new school. We purchased in St. John's Forest, and though we were initially told Wesley Chapel Elem will be our school, it's been changed to the new school Rocky River. As parents we need to work hard to ensure that we keep our kids focused but I don't think this school will be a problem. Villages of WC looks very nice; St. Johns is also great option .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2007, 07:52 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,869,114 times
Default Union County School Assignment Finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by debct View Post
Ok, when I look at the listings on realtor.com it will say Matthews for the town then union for the county. So now I got it it just referes to the mailing adress. But, now would the kids be going to union county schools? Oh, now reaon to be sorry for clearing something up
Since this area is growing so rapidly, it IS confusing to know in which county or town you are located from just a postal address. If you are relocating to Union County, NC, I would recommend this website to help you figure out school assignments. You are able to type in an address and locate THAT YEAR'S school assignment. Please note that due to the rapid growth, new schools are opening also at a rapid pace. Living at the same address for the last 13 years (with three children), our family has been redistricted into four NEW schools and we know we have two more NEW schools to go before we graduate our last child. That being said, in most cases, a large population of the school we were in all moved WITH us to the new school, so it wasn't so difficult and actually a little exciting. It's just that this area was largely rural and now it is building out at a rapid rate, so the neighborhoods are just condensing.
http://www.ucps.k12.nc.us/schoolassignment/schoolassignmentfinder.htm (broken link)

Old 03-12-2007, 04:11 PM

12 posts, read 28,857 times
Default Historic Downtown Monroe

If you like character and historic buildings, Monroe is a good place to live. You can buy a historic home (late 1800's to early 1900's) for under 200k. Monroe is an up-and-coming area...with lots of character. (Shame on the person who said to stay away from downtown Monroe!) Many commute to charlotte (20 - 40 mins, depending where you're going)... The historic area is full of professionals...teachers, doctors, nurses, professors, lawyers... The schools are improving in the city...the county schools are exceptional...and there is a charter school in the city that is exceptional as well. A dr. friend of mine (and neighbor) lives in downtown monroe and is affiliated with Carolinas Medical Center - Union (about a three minute commute from downtown Monroe)...they just won an award for one of the best Employers in North Carolina in which to work for...Check out the website re: Monroe... and best of luck....
http://www.downtownmonroenc.com/info...n/about_us.php

Old 03-12-2007, 04:59 PM

18,434 posts, read 29,426,087 times
looks like the town where I am now, we have busy areas but there is a down town that is being revamped and its great. We have festivals also... I like the downtown feel

Old 03-13-2007, 01:04 AM

33 posts, read 90,273 times
I saw tons of beautiful homes and townhomes in the 100k price range on realtor.com

Old 03-13-2007, 04:57 AM

18,434 posts, read 29,426,087 times
I saw some as well, on realtor.com but then checked on allentate and most are under contract. Town house is out of the ?? Not for me, but for my dh ;0 We lived in a twnhouse and I liked it just fine, he just didn't like the feel of living on top of eachother...whatever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or