Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 05:57 AM

18,432 posts, read 34,218,797 times

Advertisements

We can't really afford the 'well to do' areas, like in the 400k and all of that, we are looking at topping off at 150k. Is there anything out there like that out there? We dont mind buying an older house if its in good condition. I keep coming up with Forest Pawtucket, and its in area 8. Some good areas, some bad, I've heard on the board. I need to know where to look in this price area, if you are like my family, or know someone like that please help!! I'll be your best friend!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 06:14 AM

1,453 posts, read 5,130,162 times
Could you give us a little more info like how many bedrooms, baths, where you'll be working, townhome or single family??? Send me a pm and I'd be happy to run an mls search...never know what might turn up.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:30 AM

18,432 posts, read 34,218,797 times
3 bdrm, 2bth, single fam home, I have no idea where I'll be working other than in the Medical field to tell you the truth. Thank you. I need a realtor, because when we go down there I want someone to show us some listings. I was getting a little negative about everything, but I am out of that rutt, this thing is gonna happen!!

Old 02-27-2007, 06:51 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,804,853 times
Cinderobgyn,

I sent you a PM

Old 02-27-2007, 07:15 AM

743 posts, read 2,233,448 times
In Union County, you might want to try Indian Trail/Stallings/Monroe area. But don't go into the city of Monroe, downtown area. But along the outskirts there are some nice older neighborhoods. Also if you did not want a subdivision there are quite a few nice homes in Indian Trail/Hemby Bridge area.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:03 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,302,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
We can't really afford the 'well to do' areas, like in the 400k and all of that, we are looking at topping off at 150k. Is there anything out there like that out there? We dont mind buying an older house if its in good condition. I keep coming up with Forest Pawtucket, and its in area 8. Some good areas, some bad, I've heard on the board. I need to know where to look in this price area, if you are like my family, or know someone like that please help!! I'll be your best friend!!
Hi Cinde, don't panic, you can find a home in that price range. It will not be as easy in south Charlotte, but many other areas are open to you. Can you first tell me if schools are important and if so what grades? Also, where will you or your husband need to be for work?

Old 02-27-2007, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Hi Cinde, don't panic, you can find a home in that price range. It will not be as easy in south Charlotte, but many other areas are open to you. Can you first tell me if schools are important and if so what grades? Also, where will you or your husband need to be for work?
Ah ha, just noticed CharlotteAgent already responded to you I am sure he will be able to help you with specific homes.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:05 AM

217 posts, read 887,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
We are in your price range too. I have been looking at Indain Trail , and parts of MAtthews. PArt of MAtthews is in union county.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debct View Post
We are in your price range too. I have been looking at Indain Trail , and parts of MAtthews. PArt of MAtthews is in union county.
Sorry to disagree with you Deb I know this is confusing to a lot of newcomers, but ALL of Matthews is in Mecklenburg county. The thing is some areas of Union county in and around Stallings use the Matthews post office and so have a Matthews MAILING address. These homes, however, are not in Matthews.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:15 AM

217 posts, read 887,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Sorry to disagree with you Deb I know this is confusing to a lot of newcomers, but ALL of Matthews is in Mecklenburg county. The thing is some areas of Union county in and around Stallings use the Matthews post office and so have a Matthews MAILING address. These homes, however, are not in Matthews.
Ok, when I look at the listings on realtor.com it will say Matthews for the town then union for the county. So now I got it it just referes to the mailing adress. But, now would the kids be going to union county schools? Oh, now reaon to be sorry for clearing something up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte