U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 08:30 AM

425 posts, read 1,043,033 times
Default WHere to shop for furniture ?

Hi all-

We are moving to the area in June and are coming house hunting in April and would also like to work in some furniture shopping as we hear NC/SC is the best place for great deals. Can anyone recommend somewhere in particular. I would love to not move all we have. I am especially interested in Bedroom adult and kids sets and kitchen and dining room sets.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 08:51 AM

48 posts, read 102,480 times
i had just searched for this last week:

furniture outlet centers

Furniture store recommendations in/around Charlotte?

btw, if you want to search for 'furniture' on the forum, do an 'advanced search' and make sure to only search the charlotte forum. i only filled in the word 'furniture' as a keyword and picked the charlotte forum in the lower right.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:33 PM

476 posts, read 1,120,176 times
Definitely check out those links listed by duquesne, very helpful. Congrats on your pending relocation!

Old 02-27-2007, 02:39 PM

3,190 posts, read 5,840,151 times
The Hickory Furniture Mall. I prefer it over the High Point outlets.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:46 PM

178 posts, read 602,963 times
If you want to keep it local-on Carolina Place Parkway in Charlotte/Pineville, lies an impressive array of more than a dozen furniture stores including Ethan Allen, Boyles, Thomasville, Storehouse Furniture and La-Z-Boy.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:56 PM

1 posts, read 8,441 times
is high point the best city to shop for furniture? modern and elegant.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:39 AM

14,699 posts, read 13,551,850 times
Furnitureland in High Point has a HUGE selection of stuff. The only thing to keep in mind is you can't use a regular credit card you have to use their financing or pay cash. This was disappointing to us as we wanted the airline miles. Also, I find that that any conflicts after the sale are resolved more easily when you use a card since you can dispute the payment. Once they have your money it is always harder to get back. Overall, we were satisfied though.

http://www.furniturelandsouth.com/

Old 03-13-2009, 10:07 AM

58 posts, read 138,171 times
Let me second the recommendation of Furnitureland South in High Point. This place is massive, 2 buildings, 5 stories high. When you go in, you meet with a salesman who gives you a map of the place (trust me, you don't want to try it without the map!). He will ask you if you are looking for anything in particular and will show you on the map which areas are going to be helpful to you. Then, he gives you his phone number and off you go. Everything is at least 40% off ticket price if I remember right but many things have a higher discount. When you have items you are interested in, you call your salesman and he looks up the prices for you. No pressure, you are always looking on your own unless you request the salesman to help.

We first bought from them when we lived in AR but when we moved to Charlotte almost a year ago, we didn't bring a lot so we also had tons of shopping to do and we knew right where we wanted to start. I've been very pleased with every single purchase from them. Matter of fact, got my china cabinet in from them just last week and I couldn't be happier.

Boyles is another favorite of ours. We have bought many things from them as well. They regularly have floor sample items on clearance and we have benefitted from several of them. There is a clearance center here in Charlotte on Independence but it is closing soon to move to another part of the state.

Also bought from the Thomasville store in Pineville and when they made an error, they went way out of their way to fix it including leaving the incorrect piece so we could have use of it until the correct one came in. Times are tough and I think lots of places are going the extra mile in service as well as lowering prices when they can if you just ask.

Something else to consider is if you know what you want, phone around for the best price. I've done that many times as well with good results.

Good luck and by all means, have fun!!

Old 03-13-2009, 11:11 AM

207 posts, read 381,034 times
Devil's Advocate - I don't like Furnitureland South. It's so big it's overwhelming, and I don't think the prices are much cheaper (if at all) than Boyles locally. The salespeople can be pushy, too. Boyles & Furnitureland South are both big NC discounters of high-end furniture, and Boyles doesn't require the drive to High Point & you can use a credit card.

I do like Hickory Furniture Mart, just because they have a lot of great clearance outlets with excellent prices on floor samples & overurns for Baker, Century, Mitchell Gold, etc.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:29 PM

14,699 posts, read 13,551,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan R View Post
I do like Hickory Furniture Mart, just because they have a lot of great clearance outlets with excellent prices on floor samples & overurns for Baker, Century, Mitchell Gold, etc.
We get some end and coffee tables there for a much lower price than the exact same thing in the "regular" store. I think it was HFM but maybe it was one of the other places. They have so many up there it is ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte