U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-27-2007, 08:55 AM
 
74 posts, read 279,002 times
Reputation: 24

Advertisements

Does anyone know the property tax rate in Mint Hill, NC? I am trying to research the difference between Mint Hill and Fort Mill, SC. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-27-2007, 10:49 AM
 
Location: Blue Ridge Mtns of NC
5,661 posts, read 24,631,056 times
Reputation: 3806
Union County - 0.6367 per $100
Mint Hill - 0.2750
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2007, 03:36 PM
 
414 posts, read 1,269,546 times
Reputation: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
Union County - 0.6367 per $100
Mint Hill - 0.2750
Mint hill tax is 1.09(per $100). I believe with the county tax
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2007, 03:41 PM
 
Location: Blue Ridge Mtns of NC
5,661 posts, read 24,631,056 times
Reputation: 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLTZ View Post
Mint hill tax is 1.09(per $100). I believe with the county tax
http://www.co.union.nc.us/gov_offices/tax_admin/TaxRates/TaxRates06-07%20.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2007, 04:31 PM
 
414 posts, read 1,269,546 times
Reputation: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
http://www.co.union.nc.us/gov_offices/tax_admin/TaxRates/TaxRates06-07%20.pdf

I don't know what part of mint hill is in union county but most of mint hill fall in mecklenburg county and you have to pay minthill tax plus mecklenburg. Maybe someone can chime in where union has mint hill listed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2007, 06:50 PM
 
Location: Blue Ridge Mtns of NC
5,661 posts, read 24,631,056 times
Reputation: 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLTZ View Post
I don't know what part of mint hill is in union county but most of mint hill fall in mecklenburg county and you have to pay minthill tax plus mecklenburg. Maybe someone can chime in where union has mint hill listed.
Yep, if the original poster is referring to the Mecklenburg portion of Mint Hill, he'll pay 0.8189 per $100 to Mecklenburg County & 0.2750 to Mint Hill, but if it's the Union County portion, he'll pay 0.6367 per $100 to Union County & 0.2750 to Mint Hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2007, 08:56 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Reputation: 39844
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
Yep, if the original poster is referring to the Mecklenburg portion of Mint Hill, he'll pay 0.8189 per $100 to Mecklenburg County & 0.2750 to Mint Hill, but if it's the Union County portion, he'll pay 0.6367 per $100 to Union County & 0.2750 to Mint Hill.
I am not sure what you guys are talking about - all of Mint Hill is in Mecklenburg county, there is no portion in Union county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2007, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Blue Ridge Mtns of NC
5,661 posts, read 24,631,056 times
Reputation: 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I am not sure what you guys are talking about - all of Mint Hill is in Mecklenburg county, there is no portion in Union county.
Apparently, some of Mint Hill's city limits cross the county border.

See Document:

http://www.co.union.nc.us/gov_offices/tax_admin/TaxRates/TaxRates06-07%20.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2007, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Reputation: 39844
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
Apparently, some of Mint Hill's city limits cross the county border.

See Document:

http://www.co.union.nc.us/gov_offices/tax_admin/TaxRates/TaxRates06-07%20.pdf
That document is a complete mystery to me - doesn't make a bit of sense. I will try to call the Mint Hill town hall tomorrow to get an answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:18 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top