U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 02:35 PM

476 posts, read 1,451,014 times

Advertisements

Anyone currently in the final stages of their move to NC. How is it going? Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 04:48 PM

179 posts, read 221,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklaur View Post
Anyone currently in the final stages of their move to NC. How is it going? Good luck!
just gotta decide on 1 of 2 apartments and then wait until the time comes!!! I'm very excited..although the first few days moving in and whatnot while staying in a hotel (since I'm moving from CT) will be a little stressful I assume but I loved my visit and I cannot wait until may!

Old 02-27-2007, 05:39 PM

386 posts, read 839,018 times
Just waiting for our house to be finished. We will be leaving CA in 99 days.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:51 PM

132 posts, read 427,544 times
Oh!! Me, me, me, me!! Can you tell I am a little excited??

We have 4 weeks from Friday (but who's counting).

We have our house picked out and it is being completed (new construction) all it needed was touch-up paint, moving a fixture, the water meter installed and then the final cleanup. We have to get our inspector lined up but that is all other than scheduling the closing which we will do this week.

Our closing here is scheduled, they have done the appraisal, and the inspection and I have only 2 things to do on the list- both of which are scheduled!

We have contracted movers and have the pack and load dates locked in.

We even have the kids signed up for soccer on that end, and we're taking a trip there this weekend for "FUNdamentals"- which is a skills evaluation.

Now if I could just get rid of this cold that is starting, and get my son over his virus....and take care of all the last minute details that I am forgetting

Whoo-whoo!!

Anita

Old 02-27-2007, 07:25 PM

I am so happy for all of you and wish you the best of luck. Please keep us posted throughout with any thoughts and experiences. I cannot wait to be at the point you folks are at!

Old 02-27-2007, 07:28 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,078,438 times
Looks like I am leaving Jersey in a few more weeks. I made the decision today as I can no longer keep barely getting by with rent that's over 2K/month, sky high car insurance, and carrying my own health insurance.

Do I want to go to Charlotte? Not really, but my sister has put pressure on me for the past few years to come on down, and I am sick of fighting it...and her.

So here I am, moving down with no job. If this isn't an irrational decision, then I don't know what is! I will miss my friends terribly, but I have to put myself first for once.

If anyone want's to talk me away from the ledge, please feel free to do so.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:44 PM

124 posts, read 472,638 times
jump

you'll never know unless you do.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:45 PM

Most of us are very anxious to be heading to Charlotte ourselves if not already on our way so I don't know if you are in the right place to be talked out of it. Best of luck with your decision and your move!

Old 02-28-2007, 08:01 AM

362 posts, read 898,149 times
Good Luck to all! We unfortunately have had to push our move to next year after my daughter graduates high school. (Wish I could convince her to go now. ) I guess I will have to live vicariously through all of you.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:23 AM

396 posts, read 1,500,420 times
Well, we did it a little backwards....we came here and then house-hunted!! After two crazy weeks of looking we finally bought a house this weekend in Union County and will be moving in the end of March!! Charlotte is beautiful and everyone here is so lovely. What a great place you have here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or