Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 06:17 PM

290 posts, read 818,410 times

Advertisements

Wow. This has been a real fun experience trying to get financing for that salon in Mooresville.... NOT! This is the hardest quest I have ever been on.
My spirits are sinking lower with every turn down It's funny.. I bought my first salon for 150K and got financed for it within 2 days! I need less than 20% of that and cant even get looked at.. <shaking my head> right now it doesnt look like my dream is going to come true to be able to do this... I even checked on Angel Investors and this one site I visited would hook you with money for 250.00 Okay but, ICK.. I sure dont have that to spare right now.

If I only knew how to tap into the fact that I am on some kind of Native American Rolls, its my understanding they help out tribe members. But I dont know where to start with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 07:06 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Are you a native American, Parti? Have you checked w/ the tribal councils here or do you have to stay w/ your own tribe? Sorry for sounding so dumb, but I don't know much about how all that works. I have worked w/ two tribal councils in relation to healthcare (one here, on in state of WA) but I am pretty ignorant about who to contact to get info . . .

How can we help? With your already having had a business . . . and with a business plan . . . I know this is terribly frustrating but honestly - I think it is the state of the economy right now. No one wants to roll the dice w/ new business.

Don't give up!!!!! It is the end of the 4th quarter. Things may be very different by end of 1st quarter 2009. That is only a little over 3 months away!

Keep over turning rocks. You want this too badly to let set backs stop you. Sometimes, the universe makes us work very very diligently to prove how much we want something - don't lose sight of your goal!!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Are you a native American, Parti? Have you checked w/ the tribal councils here or do you have to stay w/ your own tribe? Sorry for sounding so dumb, but I don't know much about how all that works. I have worked w/ two tribal councils in relation to healthcare (one here, on in state of WA) but I am pretty ignorant about who to contact to get info . . .

How can we help? With your already having had a business . . . and with a business plan . . . I know this is terribly frustrating but honestly - I think it is the state of the economy right now. No one wants to roll the dice w/ new business.

Don't give up!!!!! It is the end of the 4th quarter. Things may be very different by end of 1st quarter 2009. That is only a little over 3 months away!

Keep over turning rocks. You want this too badly to let set backs stop you. Sometimes, the universe makes us work very very diligently to prove how much we want something - don't lose sight of your goal!!!!
Well.. my grandfather was Chief of the Muskogees (Creeks) in GA. if that helps LOL I believe the Muskogees were absorbed by the Cherokee. Yeah I am Scots/Native AMerican with a grand dilution of Australian/Irish LOL what a MIX.. I am trying not to give up Ani I really am.. its just very.. depressing

Old 12-05-2008, 07:28 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,038,729 times
Parti, it's just the wrong time. Maybe you will have a better chance at the first of the year.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Parti, it's just the wrong time. Maybe you will have a better chance at the first of the year.
Yes I am keeping my fingers crossed for that. But I guess if I am having a hard time getting financing then so are the others who were interested in it

Old 12-05-2008, 08:41 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,661,046 times
PartPoodle- It's the economy, we had three jobs postponed until spring/summer 2009 due to financing problems for the client. (We do retail/office upfits along with residential remodeling) From what I've heard things should open up more after the new year. Hang in there and you are right, everyone is at a standstill right now.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:02 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
DO NOT pay anyone to hook you up with financing. THis is a scam.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
DO NOT pay anyone to hook you up with financing. THis is a scam.
Thats what i figured

Old 12-06-2008, 06:11 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,705,167 times
Default PORK spending idea

Know anyone at a state political level? Those SOBs are ALWAYS looking to spend money on "pork". Give them a try and use the words "bailout". Hey it's working for everybody else...why not you??
Good luck. Should be easy.
je

Old 12-06-2008, 09:10 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
The Official Webpage of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Nation

Why not check out the tribal council?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte