U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2008, 05:58 PM

94 posts, read 217,331 times

Advertisements

These apartments were recommended by our relo rep. We get 90 days of temporary housing while we look for a home. We have pets and decided we want to be in the irdell school district. These look fine online, but can anyone in the area give me a little more feedback as far as location and/or personal preference to any of these.....

Thank you

Option 1: Carriage Club (175 Carriage Club Dr. Mooresville, NC 28117 USA) Two Bedroom Apartment
Find Mooresville apartments and homes for rent in the GREATER CHARLOTTE area at Carriage Club (http://www.carriageclubapts.com/s/homepage - broken link)

]Option 2: Windsor at the Vinoy (8108 Vinoy Blvd Charlotte, NC 28262 USA) Two Bedroom Apartment
$300 one time non refundable pet fee per pet
Windsor Communities : North Carolina: Windsor at The VinoyHome Page (http://www.windsorcommunities.com/apartment/Default.aspx?propid=96&region=nc - broken link)

Option 3: The Marquis at Northcross (8701 Pinnacle Cross Drive Huntersville, NC 28078 USA) Two Bedroom Apartment
$350 one time non refundable pet fee per pet
The Marquis at Northcross Apartments Huntersville, NC - Apartments for Rent in Huntersville North Carolina

Option 4: Abberly Green (117 Abberly Green Boulevard Mooresville, nc 28117 ) Two Bedroom Apartment
$350 one time non refundable pet fee per pet
]Abberly Green Apartment Homes-Mooresville, NC-Mooresville Apartments-H.H. Hunt

Last edited by Bramca; 12-09-2008 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: Format messages from copying and pasting off email.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 06:38 PM

7,187 posts, read 11,241,344 times
Hi Bramca. Welcome to Mooresville! From the choices you listed, only #1 & #4 are located in Mooresville.

Abberly Green is located just off Hwy 115 in between Wilson Ave and I-77, Exit 33. The kids go the Mooresville Graded School district. This is a good school system that people feel is as good, if not better, than Iredell Statesville schools. The eastern side of Mooresville is a relaxed, less busy side of town. Abberly is pretty new. There's other apartments just down Hwy 115 at the corner of Waterlynn. Can't remember their name off the top of my head, but they are brand new and just beginning to lease.

Carriage Club is located behind the Target shopping center off Hwy 150 in Mooresville. It's not a bad place at all and it wouldn't be a bad place to live while you find a permanent home. That part of town (I-77, Exit 36) has some tough traffic during rush hours and on Saturdays. Some people are completely overwhelmed by the traffic, but it's not bad. Just annoying if you're in a hurry. There are ways to get around if you know the backroads or time your trips, but I think the traffic right in that area of Hwy 150 would discourage me from living right there permanently. (We live a little farther out Hwy 150 towards Lake Norman HS). My DD has some friends that live in these apt's and we've never any bad things about the neighborhood / complex.

Your choices of #2 & #3 are located in Mecklinburg County and the schools would be the Charlotte-Mecklinburg schools.

Hope this helps a little. Feel free to PM me if you like.

Last edited by Stripes17; 12-09-2008 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: add's

Old 12-09-2008, 06:52 PM

94 posts, read 217,331 times
Thank you Stripes,

I think I am leaning towards Abberly Greens. I also noticed that it is zoned for Moorseville HS, and not Lake Norman which is where we assume our EC child will be going when we purchase. We have found several homes out on the lake that we really like by looking online, and driving by pulling flyers, just need to go in and see them first hand. But, after reading several posts, it sounds like the EC program may be a little more hands on at Moorseville HS due to the smaller class sizes, which may make her transition a little smoother for this school year and we will deal with next year as it comes.

We told the rep, we would like the Lake Norman HS zoned apts, and these are the 4 she came up with none of which are zoned for Lake Norman HS. LOL! It may make a difference though that we need furnished and pets. So I think we just need to be thankful and appreciate the situation.

Thank you for the input regarding proximity to Target. Although that would be extremely conveinent, I don't think I want it in my backyard.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:30 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,795,834 times
Hi Bramca,

Waterlyn Ridge is the new apt complex going up further down on 115, but iI think it's in the Iredell-Statesville SD & not the MGSD. As for the EC programs in MGSD, they are very hands-on. You should contact Chuck LoRusso, he's the director of the EC program in MGSD. My cousin, who's son is autistic/Aspberger's met with him before moving here & he was very helpful & they are very pleased with their son's program.

Good Luck!

BxRosie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte