Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 04:49 AM

58 posts, read 229,388 times

Advertisements

Well the time is here and the movers are on their way. We should be settled into our new home in Twin Creeks in 2 weeks. The development is coming along and we already have neighbors ( from NNJ ). It is so peaceful and quiet , unlike the suberb they call Nassua County. I have been coming onto the forum for a while now and never really hear anyone speak of Troutman that much. We looked at Huntersville, Cornelius, and Mooresville, and they are all wonderful places, but when we rolled into Troutman we were hooked. Close enough to I77 to shoot north or south and get where we want in no time , but far enough from it that we do not hear any noise at all. It is eerily quiet at night in my development, but that will change one we move in hahahahaha. If anyone is thinking of moving down to NC and wants a place that quiet and peaceful, I would reccomend Troutman. Now I know there are a few new develpments going up, one in particular that has some residents up in arms, but compared to the traffic on 150 and 73, Perth road is a walk in the park. I will try and post some pics as soon as the house is totally done ( too much of that beautiful red clay right now). Alot of people on this forum have been helpful in so many ways. I will continue to read and write even after i am permanently situated. Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2007, 06:32 AM

889 posts, read 3,117,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie324 View Post
Well the time is here and the movers are on their way. We should be settled into our new home in Twin Creeks in 2 weeks. The development is coming along and we already have neighbors ( from NNJ ). It is so peaceful and quiet , unlike the suberb they call Nassua County. I have been coming onto the forum for a while now and never really hear anyone speak of Troutman that much. We looked at Huntersville, Cornelius, and Mooresville, and they are all wonderful places, but when we rolled into Troutman we were hooked. Close enough to I77 to shoot north or south and get where we want in no time , but far enough from it that we do not hear any noise at all. It is eerily quiet at night in my development, but that will change one we move in hahahahaha. If anyone is thinking of moving down to NC and wants a place that quiet and peaceful, I would reccomend Troutman. Now I know there are a few new develpments going up, one in particular that has some residents up in arms, but compared to the traffic on 150 and 73, Perth road is a walk in the park. I will try and post some pics as soon as the house is totally done ( too much of that beautiful red clay right now). Alot of people on this forum have been helpful in so many ways. I will continue to read and write even after i am permanently situated. Paul
Good luck on your move!!! Last year, when we were *house hunting* that was one development we were seriously considering ( from afar mind you!)
but my son lives in Mooresville and thats were we ended up.I do remember that when we drove through Troutman we stubled upon Twin Creeks and it looked awsome!
I am curious though, because i have not been up that way since, has any homes been finished this past year or are you the first? it seems like it took a while to get going?

Old 03-01-2007, 07:02 AM

362 posts, read 995,216 times
Paulie324 good luck, much happiness in your new home.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:46 AM

Yes, it did take a while as there were problems for the developer and my builder but there quite a few homes now built and being lived in. When all is said and done it will be a great development. No cookie cutter houses and enough space between them. Well coming from New York 5 feet would be more , hahahaha. Luckily I was not under the gun to get the house done so it worked out well. I too considered Mooresville but saw all the development going on ie: NC150 and decided it was too crowded. I wanted to be on the western side of i77, but found most of the land i liked way east. All in all I am very happy with my choice and cannot wait to settle in.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:28 AM

889 posts, read 3,117,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie324 View Post
Yes, it did take a while as there were problems for the developer and my builder but there quite a few homes now built and being lived in. When all is said and done it will be a great development. No cookie cutter houses and enough space between them. Well coming from New York 5 feet would be more , hahahaha. Luckily I was not under the gun to get the house done so it worked out well. I too considered Mooresville but saw all the development going on ie: NC150 and decided it was too crowded. I wanted to be on the western side of i77, but found most of the land i liked way east. All in all I am very happy with my choice and cannot wait to settle in.
You should be exited!! Actually, we got into a small development which has many similar characteristics. We are spaced apart between homes and most homes here are close to 3/4 of an acre lots on up.
If you dont mind me asking ( only because i looked into them and i am curious!) round and about what did the prices end up being at??
Anyway welcome to N.C. With your exited attitude you should be quite happy here

Old 03-04-2007, 03:05 AM

The prices now are higher than when I first signed the contract. I am not paying the higher price because I got in on the ground floor. Without all the extras I am pying on my own, it was below 300k with a pool. I added a ton of extras that I paid out of pocket to get it all done in one shot. I knew if I settled in I would never get around to it so I upgraded the landscaping and fencing and things like that. and its still less than my 1950 sq home on a postage stamp lot in NY !!

Old 03-04-2007, 03:23 AM

Attached is 2 pics, one of the NY house I am coming from and the other, the house i am moving into
Attached Thumbnails
Troutman,NC-img_2295.jpg   Troutman,NC-img_2141.jpg  

Old 03-04-2007, 02:26 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,224,509 times
Beautiful home! Congrats and good luck!

Old 03-04-2007, 03:31 PM

179 posts, read 582,757 times
Default Paulie

What size are the lots in Twin Creeks ? Are most of them somewhat wooded as appears in the backround on yours ? Also does your development have city utilities, or well and septic. One last thing, do they have a web site ?

Thanks, Bill

Old 03-04-2007, 03:44 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,086,493 times
Congratulations and good luck!

Actually, both the home you're leaving and the one you're going to are lovely.

May you find what you're looking for. Coming from Jersey myself, I'm sure you'll be quite happy in your new surroundings.

Sincerely,

SL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte