U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 11:54 AM

2,560 posts, read 5,596,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Ani!!! I am too excited...as most of you know, my sweet hubby is unemployed at the moment, so we have not been buying any gifts this year. However, someone gifted us with a wonderful monetary present for the purpose of doing something we REALLY wanted to do - see Neil Diamond tonight at the Bobcats Arena!!! Some of you may not think that's such a great thing, but I have been a fan of his forever and never gotten to go to see him. It is something I have always wanted to do. After tonight I get to scratch one more thing off my List of 100 Things
Keep your chin up!

Enjoy your concert.

I think my Partner is gonna loose his job at BOA in Corporate Real Estate....but it is what it is.

Last edited by the 7 oh 4; 12-12-2008 at 12:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 11:57 AM

1,570 posts, read 1,667,970 times
We have a Christmas party tomorrow night and I'm hoping to get some decorating done this weekend. DH has been working like crazy the last couple of weeks and we haven't had time to get a tree yet. Normally we get one the day after Thanksgiving.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:02 PM

35,361 posts, read 42,357,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
Party at Ani's?
Oh, I would love to have a party here! Wish I would be here so we could do just that!!!

7 oh 4 and Wulf - maybe we should schedule for later - when I will be home, LOL??????

Old 12-12-2008, 12:03 PM

2,560 posts, read 5,596,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Oh, I would love to have a party here! Wish I would be here so we could do just that!!!

7 oh 4 and Wulf - maybe we should schedule for later - when I will be home, LOL??????
Just leave us the key...and we will have a BLAST!

Promise to clean up before you get home...yea right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
My wife had everything completely decorated BEFORE Thanksgiving (since the inlaws were visiting us)!

Tonight we have date night, kids are with my parents, so we will have dinner then possibly finish the shopping.

Tomorrow getting the car serviced first thing in the morning, then off to kid's sporting events.
Hopefully some time in the afternoon to work in my man cave, er, garage.
Mullman, I think you and your wife are the neatest couple - having a regular date nite. I so admire that you all regularly do that . . .

5,932 posts, read 6,662,533 times
DW is taking me out for birthday dinner tonight. (WooHoo)

Then I have to finish watching my neighbors put up their elaborate Christmas light displays! We decided not to do any outside decorations this year (except maybe a couple wreaths & bows).

Tomorrow, I have to change the antifreeze in DS's vehicle.

Sunday is the day I'll follow my fantasy football team in the playoff's.

And lastly, I took a vacation day on Monday, so I'll stay off the roads that morning and do my part to make your commute better!

Old 12-12-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Ani!!! I am too excited...as most of you know, my sweet hubby is unemployed at the moment, so we have not been buying any gifts this year. However, someone gifted us with a wonderful monetary present for the purpose of doing something we REALLY wanted to do - see Neil Diamond tonight at the Bobcats Arena!!! Some of you may not think that's such a great thing, but I have been a fan of his forever and never gotten to go to see him. It is something I have always wanted to do. After tonight I get to scratch one more thing off my List of 100 Things
WOOO HOOO! I think this is TERRIFIC!! And what a wonderful Christmas gift!!! I know you will have an absolutely wonderful time, Loves. And you and hubby so deserve it!!! I am gonna want a full report. Just promise me you won't SWOON and make a spectacle of yourself!!!! (j/k).

Have a lovely evening out w/ that man of yours.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyV View Post
My ex has the kids tomorrow, so I'll spend the day wrapping all the presents... I'm kinda done shopping. In the evening... I'm not so sure what to do. What can a woman do in Charlotte by herself?
Uggghhh. Unless you have female friends to do something with . . . not so much. Post on City- Data . . . LOL!!!

Take a cooking class???? Go to a movie???

Old 12-12-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemaew View Post
Saturday's my "Christmas" day this week - got a party in the evening and gotta get those last few gifts for the niece and nephews - and my dad, man, he's hard to shop for!!

We're not decorating much this year - no tree - since we're going to my parent's in California for Christmas week, so that eases my load. Although if it's like last year, my mom will wait until we get there to get the tree and decorate it - well, I'LL decorate it!! Some things never change!!!
Hope you have a good day tomorrow . .. and you gotta get packed up if you are leaving to CA!!! WOO HOO! What a great trip!

Old 12-12-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Keep your chin up!

I think my Partner is gonna loose his job at BOA in Corporate Real Estate....but it is what it is.
so sorry to hear this, 7. I hope you all can still have a joyous Christmas and New Year . . . and quickly find another position in 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte