U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 12-12-2008, 02:42 PM
 
Location: Yellow Brick Road
35,568 posts, read 43,752,701 times
Reputation: 20246

Advertisements

Love, Actually is a wonderful movie - so agree - and right for the season, as well!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-12-2008, 02:45 PM
 
Location: Yellow Brick Road
35,568 posts, read 43,752,701 times
Reputation: 20246
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Working tonight and tomorrow day as the bf has his company Christmas party tomorrow night. Took Sunday off-first one in 5 months so we'll be picking up his Christmas present in am and then heading to Southpark Mall to shop for me FUN
Hope you have a wonderful outing . . . and enjoy your time off!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2008, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
1,312 posts, read 3,102,209 times
Reputation: 1065
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Love, Actually is a wonderful movie - so agree - and right for the season, as well!
It's one of my favorites! I always want to watch it this time of year. Every time, I get a new favorite substory. One time it's the writer and the housekeeper, another time it's the PM and his assistant, but always the guy who goes to Milwaukee to meet American girls. Love, love, love that movie!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2008, 03:08 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
1,312 posts, read 3,102,209 times
Reputation: 1065
We have a date night tonight, too, like Mullman. No plans for that yet, but it'll be fun to get out regardless. Then cookie making with neighbors tomorrow. Other than that, playing playing playing with the kids!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2008, 03:22 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
1,177 posts, read 2,037,928 times
Reputation: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
If you haven't seen Casino Royale . . . that is a good one for an evening alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Mommy, try "Love Actually". Not something you want to watch with kids around, but, a Christmas movie with the theme...that love is anywhere you look. Sometimes, some racy scenes, but, they contribute to the theme. It is British, so, most of the thought process is subtle.

Oh, and also, there really isn't a lot else to do for a lady on her own; especially in the winter.
Thanks, I appreciate the suggestions. I've heard of both, but never saw them.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2008, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Yellow Brick Road
35,568 posts, read 43,752,701 times
Reputation: 20246
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead1 View Post
It's one of my favorites! I always want to watch it this time of year. Every time, I get a new favorite substory. One time it's the writer and the housekeeper, another time it's the PM and his assistant, but always the guy who goes to Milwaukee to meet American girls. Love, love, love that movie!
Me, too. LOVE THAT MOVIE!!! Earlier on the "chat" thread, I wrote how I couldn't get that song out of my head . . . "Christmas is all around" . . . That whole subplot w/ the aging rock star and his manager . . . yes, many different levels to that movie . . .
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2008, 03:33 PM
 
1,302 posts, read 2,875,728 times
Reputation: 601
Busy weekend for us - off to the Girl Scout Cookie Rally in a bit! (Yes, the Girl Scouts are getting all primed and ready for the January 1 Cookie Sale, so forget those diets, here we come!)

Saturday, I'm in the "youth" Christmas play at church...someone had to be the front of the donkey...(I have no idea how I got that role. )

Sunday, I'm singing in the church Christmas cantata (making a joyful noise).

Last, but not least, Monday, I'll be getting my "stitches" out of my forehead - souvenirs from my weekend in the mountains with the Girl Scouts last weekend. (Tumbled head-first down a gravel trail with my hands still in the pockets of my jacket...mental note - don't hike with your hands in your pockets). No concussion, just a nice black, er...pink...er...greenish yellow eye.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2008, 03:56 PM
 
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
8,521 posts, read 10,379,812 times
Reputation: 3249
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

As to that car - have you tried running some high octane gas through it? Or is it something other than the engine? I hope this is not the first sign of a bigger problem . . .
that's a good thought. I'll try it....

When I went out again, it almost sounded like it could be the shocks...dunno...I'll try the higher octane 1st and go from there
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2008, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Yellow Brick Road
35,568 posts, read 43,752,701 times
Reputation: 20246
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
Busy weekend for us - off to the Girl Scout Cookie Rally in a bit! (Yes, the Girl Scouts are getting all primed and ready for the January 1 Cookie Sale, so forget those diets, here we come!)

Saturday, I'm in the "youth" Christmas play at church...someone had to be the front of the donkey...(I have no idea how I got that role. )

Sunday, I'm singing in the church Christmas cantata (making a joyful noise).

Last, but not least, Monday, I'll be getting my "stitches" out of my forehead - souvenirs from my weekend in the mountains with the Girl Scouts last weekend. (Tumbled head-first down a gravel trail with my hands still in the pockets of my jacket...mental note - don't hike with your hands in your pockets). No concussion, just a nice black, er...pink...er...greenish yellow eye.
Oh, heavens!!!! You have so many things you are doing and nearly knocked yourself out on top of it!!! STITCHES!!!!

Sure hope you have an UNEVENTFUL Christmas, MN - at least - as far as any more terrible things happening.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2008, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Huntersville
1,852 posts, read 3,403,766 times
Reputation: 515
My goodness you all have busy lives.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top