Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 11:30 AM

1,242 posts, read 4,033,951 times

Advertisements

Yumo! Finally good bagels! Charlotte has been waiting a long time for the real deal and I think we finally have it! They need to work on their coffee but the bagles and cheese croissants are delicious. I have gone 3 times in the past week! The only complaint I have is the ordering and waiting line. It always seems to confuse everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 11:31 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPost32 View Post
Yumo! Finally good bagels! Charlotte has been waiting a long time for the real deal and I think we finally have it! They need to work on their coffee but the bagles and cheese croissants are delicious. I have gone 3 times in the past week! The only complaint I have is the ordering and waiting line. It always seems to confuse everyone.
Where are these fantastic bagels MJ???

Old 12-13-2008, 12:33 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,798,005 times
Ardrey Kell Rd across from the Sports Connection in the same center as Lorenzos.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:21 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,891,826 times
There is a bagel bin in Huntersville, exit 25, close to Target. They're pretty good.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:34 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,033,951 times
Default loves

they will put any other bagel you have had to shame so good!

Old 12-14-2008, 07:33 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,798,005 times
MJ normally, I agree with you...but this time I have to disagree, respectively of course

I just got back from my Sunday morning bagel run where I typically go to Brueggars on 51. I live right across the street from the Bagel bin and figured it was early enough to go without the crowds, I was right. When I walked in and went over to the bins they had your basic bagels...sesame, poppy, egg, everything. but not much of a selection. I ordered a Blueberry for my wife without anything since she likes to fix her own and an everything with butter for myself. It came to $2.21 which isn't bad.

When I got home, all I can say is that from this Long Islanders (I always feel like I have to "qualify" myself when I do reviews ) perspective, the bagels are better at Brueggars and Panera even. The bagels tasted like they were made a few hours ago and were very "bready" meaning that they were just like a piece of bread with NO TASTE. The everything bagel just had poppy & sesame seeds and onion on them and frankly, the bagels were smaller than Brueggars & Panera. Not to mention they weren't very generous with the butter. When I get a buttered bagel @ Brueggars I feel like I need to ride down to CMC for angioplasty afterwards

They do make sandwiches, which I will try since I am a big fan of Boars Head, but looking at their bread selection, I'm not sure how it will be. I saw some loaves of bread that looked like they had been left over fron the day before.

When I go into a bagel shop, I want a good selection of bagels....you "Basic" are great, but an occasional Asiago, or cranberry walnut would be nice. I'd like them to be larger than Bagel Bin serves and I'd like a good rotation of hot bagels.

All in all, I may try them one more time, but I will most likely ride over to Brueggars for my next bagel run.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:06 AM

102 posts, read 313,115 times
I had bagels at this place and it was good. It was on par with NJ, but NY bagels are in their own seperate world. Still very good and I would definitely go again.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:53 AM

I lived in Golder's Green in London for a long time. It is the Jewish section of London and one of the only places to buy real bagels. People line up for a block on Sundays to buy them. I travel to NYC a couple of times a year and often eat bagels. My son ran a Noah's and Einsetein's bagel in San Francisco. I have eaten dozens upon dozens of theirs. I can honestly say that one can get a "New York" quality bagel practically anywhere in the U.S. including out of a frozen Lender's Bagels bag. It is not a matter of where they are made but how they are made and NYC holds no secret methods. As a matter of fact, I remember my aunt and uncle coming down from NYC when Southpark first opened and having a bagel there (around 1970) They commented that it was probably the best bagel that they have ever had. Fancy that?? It is all relative. Besides, if your bagel isn't blessed by the rabbi, it isn't a real bagel anyway. Right? Give me a good ole asiago cheese bagel from Bruggers and I am happy and convinced that it is just as good as what you get in your favorite place. I am sure that some Bruggers are better than Bruggers. The fact that there is so much rave about the Bagel Bin give credibility to my point. If the same bagels at the Bagel Bin were sold by an owner from North Carolina, they would likely only be considered as average.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:20 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times
dh went to get bagels from bagel bin this morning..from this Brooklyn Girl YUMMMMMMMMMMMM they are from NY and dh used to make bagels way back when he was 18 or so, before entering into the Corporate world..lol well anyway, they were Delicious and Fresh and well we are very pleased that there is now a bagel store that is yumm...we brought back bagels from NJ over our thanksgiving holiday vacation and well they were just OK this time around usually we go into NY to visit my sister and get bagels there but we always had a place in jersey we loved, we were very disappointed so im glad that we now have somewhere for delicious bagels..I was disappointed they ran out of Lox and Cream Cheese though the owner said he needs to talk to his supplier about uping his order...

Old 12-14-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryjuice4life View Post
dh went to get bagels from bagel bin this morning..from this Brooklyn Girl YUMMMMMMMMMMMM they are from NY and dh used to make bagels way back when he was 18 or so, before entering into the Corporate world..lol well anyway, they were Delicious and Fresh and well we are very pleased that there is now a bagel store that is yumm...we brought back bagels from NJ over our thanksgiving holiday vacation and well they were just OK this time around usually we go into NY to visit my sister and get bagels there but we always had a place in jersey we loved, we were very disappointed so im glad that we now have somewhere for delicious bagels..I was disappointed they ran out of Lox and Cream Cheese though the owner said he needs to talk to his supplier about uping his order...
Now you have confused me. I am told by New Yorkers that the reason NYC bagels are so great is because of the NYC water. Does the Bagel Bin import water from NYC (which does not come from NYC)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte