Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:59 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,423,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In February, Gov. Bev Perdue pledged that construction on the last leg of Charlotte's outerbelt would begin this year. But since then, the DOT has offered no plan to pay for the $220 million, 5-mile segment.
Quote:
Conti said that construction bids from stimulus dollars are coming in 15 to 20 percent below budget, and he suggested those savings could be dedicated toward the outerbelt.

The problem is that the DOT has said those stimulus funds must be directed throughout the state, by the equity formula. Not only would other N.C. regions be reluctant to send their stimulus dollars to Charlotte, the DOT has said state law forbids it.
Not surprised at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 12:47 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,963,118 times
There goes Ms. Purdue lying again! I'm a Democrat and I didn't vote for this liar. Im not sure Pat McCrory would've been any better, but I know that she's a liar who pretty much rode Obama's coattails, that's how she got elected. Why should Charlotte have to sacrifice Independence just to get 485 completed? I don't see them sacrificing any of those Road-to-Nowhere projects down east, like that stupid Fayetteville loop that is totally not needed and is a waste of a project, just so NCDOT Head Lyndo Tippett can bring a porkbarrel project to his hometown. Bev Purdue is nothing more than a byproduct of that corrupt Down East Democratic machine that is for the people Down East and by the people Down East, and is not representative of the rest of NC. Charlotte and everyone else west of Raleigh deserve better than this hack!

Old 05-21-2009, 01:02 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,506,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prwfromnc View Post
There goes Ms. Purdue lying again! I'm a Democrat and I didn't vote for this liar. Im not sure Pat McCrory would've been any better, but I know that she's a liar who pretty much rode Obama's coattails, that's how she got elected. Why should Charlotte have to sacrifice Independence just to get 485 completed? I don't see them sacrificing any of those Road-to-Nowhere projects down east, like that stupid Fayetteville loop that is totally not needed and is a waste of a project, just so NCDOT Head Lyndo Tippett can bring a porkbarrel project to his hometown. Bev Purdue is nothing more than a byproduct of that corrupt Down East Democratic machine that is for the people Down East and by the people Down East, and is not representative of the rest of NC. Charlotte and everyone else west of Raleigh deserve better than this hack!
ITA, and I really think so many people are uninformed when they vote...they see Bev Perdue..Oh! She's a Dem! She must be good, cuz George Bush is a Republican and he is bad, bad, bad, (and everyone knows we need CHANGE!) so I think that means I should vote Democratic (and that is how a lot of ppl voted, I'm sure of it!). 'K sounds good.

Wrong.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:30 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,141,672 times
Thanx for the update, Jack! As others have said . . . who is surprised.

Once again - "Charlotte: NC's ugly stepchild."

Old 05-21-2009, 06:17 PM

2,603 posts, read 4,993,733 times
There's an argument to be made for the Fayetteville loop involving national security. Getting military supplies from Ft. Bragg to an interstate without having to go through stoplight-clogged Bragg Boulevard. With the BRAC re-alignment, you're going to see the population explode there overnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prwfromnc View Post

Old 05-21-2009, 06:20 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,141,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
There's an argument to be made for the Fayetteville loop involving national security. Getting military supplies from Ft. Bragg to an interstate without having to go through stoplight-clogged Bragg Boulevard. With the BRAC re-alignment, you're going to see the population explode there overnight.
Excellent point, Coped!

Old 05-21-2009, 06:32 PM
NCN

21,665 posts, read 25,517,978 times
We were so happy to leave Charlotte because of their missuse of tax money. If they would take the money they spend for studies and put it on their roads, they would have the best roads in not only the state, but the nation. Charlotte's biggest problem is its government and lack of common sense. They have been the richest but too much money has been spent trying to look good and too little spent getting that way.

Then you have the people paying for a place for basketball to be played and as soon as the team left, the building came down. That is just one of the examples of waste. It was a constant thing and we got tired of paying for it. Maybe the state of North Carolina gets tired of throwing money away in Charlotte too. North Carolina is not the problem, the stupidity of Charlotte government is the problem and only the people can get together and work to make it better, but half the citizens are too busy trying to take advantage of the other half.

Now do you want to guess why North Carolina did not choose the Charlotte mayor as governor. I wouldn't hold my breath thinking that any anyone from Charlotte will be elected for any state office. Most of the people of North Carolina do not like Charlotte style politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte