U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 01:39 PM

4,677 posts, read 8,035,965 times

Advertisements

Just a quick update that I thought about. Gov. Bev Purdue has helped Charlotte to land GMAC jobs. SO far eastern dems aren't that bad. But we'll see come 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 02:06 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,652,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
Just a quick update that I thought about. Gov. Bev Purdue has helped Charlotte to land GMAC jobs. SO far eastern dems aren't that bad. But we'll see come 2012.
Aren't that bad??? Who are you kidding???

The only way she is going to pay for Rt218 and 485 is to take money allocated for the Monroe Bypass.

Do you really think she's going to take any money allocated from Eastern NC or her New Bern pet projects? Of course not!

Those of you who voted for her, don't ever complain about us not getting our fair share here in the Queen City...you knew what you were getting w/"Raleigh Bev".....

Old 03-30-2009, 03:40 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,059,012 times
LOL! Raleigh Bev.

Well, I honestly think a portion - if not majority - of people who voted for Bev did so b/c they voted straight DEM tickets. She rode Obama's coat tails into office. My opinion but voting patterns would tend to support my opinion.

No, she isn't gonna do us any big favors. She OWES too many favors, LOL! You are so right, Jack.

But I agree with ADAVI - TIME WILL TELL. I am always willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt - until they prove to me what they are all about. And in time, these things will all be revealed.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:38 PM

Thanks Ani. I just figured we'd give her some props where props are due. But if she messes up we'll point that out too.

Old 03-30-2009, 04:59 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,059,012 times
Quote:
Thanks Ani. I just figured we'd give her some props where props are due. But if she messes up we'll point that out too.
Agree. I think most of us are curious what she may do to make the road situation better for us here - since our money is underwriting everyone else's roads!

Old 03-30-2009, 07:29 PM

16 posts, read 31,308 times
Quote:
The GMAC deal was in motion before Bev was elected and way before she took office.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood_man View Post
The GMAC deal was in motion before Bev was elected and way before she took office.
Still, she didn't kill it. So kudos for Gov. Bev Purdue for not messing up the deal

Old 03-30-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Props for what??? The GMAC had nothing to do w/her. The announcement from her was a way for her to make it look like she cares......She hates Charlotte, period.

That dog and pony she gave about 218 and 485 were just that. Dog and pony shows w/o specific details on how to pay for those projects. She wants no part of changing the formula on how the funds from the state are allocated since we currently get the shaft and she wants to keep it that way.

She was all over the radio stations here when she was campaigning, however WBT tried a million times to get her on the radio and she dodged going back on forever...why? Because she knows she's gonna get grilled by people on this part of the state.

As a kicker, she owes the unions big time for sending tons of cash her way during the campaign. don't be surprised if she pushes some bills helping unions get started in this state....mark my words...

Old 03-30-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Props for what??? The GMAC had nothing to do w/her. The announcement from her was a way for her to make it look like she cares......She hates Charlotte, period.

That dog and pony she gave about 218 and 485 were just that. Dog and pony shows w/o specific details on how to pay for those projects. She wants no part of changing the formula on how the funds from the state are allocated since we currently get the shaft and she wants to keep it that way.

She was all over the radio stations here when she was campaigning, however WBT tried a million times to get her on the radio and she dodged going back on forever...why? Because she knows she's gonna get grilled by people on this part of the state.

As a kicker, she owes the unions big time for sending tons of cash her way during the campaign. don't be surprised if she pushes some bills helping unions get started in this state....mark my words...
I'm glad you love Charlotte. I don't see unions coming here after what has gone on in Detroit.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I'm glad you love Charlotte. I don't see unions coming here after what has gone on in Detroit.
I do love Charlotte and the area as I've said numerous times on CD if you cared to read my posts.

Unions contributed ALOT of money to Perdue and democrats in the various state/county elections in '08. Just do some research and see for yourself...

Unions don't give money for nothing. They want something back in return and Perdue is going to help them...not that I want unions, its just so obvious.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or