Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 02:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times

Advertisements

I always thought or felt Gastonia was like a suburb of Charlotte but I rarely see threads on that town is it because it blue collar? Is it desirable or is it another textile town wasteland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 03:30 PM

199 posts, read 958,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I always thought or felt Gastonia was like a suburb of Charlotte but I rarely see threads on that town is it because it blue collar? Is it desirable or is it another textile town wasteland?
There are some nice parts in south-eastern Gastonia. Other than that, it's pretty much a wasteland. There are a lot of chain stores (Best Buy, Sam's Club, Linens 'n Things, Michael's, Home Depot, Lowes) along Wilkinson Blvd where people (including myself) from other towns like Mt Holly / Belmont do some of their shopping.

Gastonia has tried to revitalize it's downtown but they haven't been able to attract investors. The other problem is that they fail to get crime under control in the downtown area. Too bad, it has potential.

For my part, Belmont is my favorite town in Gaston county, and the only reason why I do some shopping in Gastonia is to keep my tax dollars in Gaston county.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
I miss Boston Market

Old 12-18-2008, 04:30 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
Quote:
I miss Boston Market
There's one 5 minutes from Ani & I, Sunny...

Old 12-18-2008, 05:11 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
There's one 5 minutes from Ani & I, Sunny...
Yes, next time you want some Boston Market, just head down this way . . . Barking and I have about anything you would want around us . . . we did tell ya it is Utopia down here in S. CLT, right?

Old 12-18-2008, 05:20 PM

Oh - as for Gastonia . . . turns out there are some wannabe gangsta types over there . . . young thugs w/ guns and too much time on their hands. Now whether or not they are actually into gangs . . . not so sure . . . but some real trashy types have decided to make Gastonia their home. It is quite troubling. Their Sheriff recently addressed the situation . . . but I can't find a link on that story.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:21 PM

Here is an example of the young thugs engaged in crime in Gastonia:

Three arrested in violent crime spree | WCNC.com | Local News for Charlotte, North Carolina | Top Stories (http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-Tuesday-101408-th-robberyarrests.10f6b2c09.html - broken link)

Old 12-18-2008, 05:24 PM

1,877 posts, read 4,866,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Oh - as for Gastonia . . . turns out there are some wannabe gangsta types over there . . . young thugs w/ guns and too much time on their hands. Now whether or not they are actually into gangs . . . not so sure . . . but some real trashy types have decided to make Gastonia their home. It is quite troubling. Their Sheriff recently addressed the situation . . . but I can't find a link on that story.
Heard that somewhere too. Also something about some slimebag in the ER of the hospital pulling a gun on someone. Something about an off duty cop working security bustin a cap in said thug's ass. And, of course, something about said thug's mama crying that her "little thuggie" was just misunderstood, and it was society's fault we let him down! Dang, sounds a little like home!

Old 12-18-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie58 View Post
Heard that somewhere too. Also something about some slimebag in the ER of the hospital pulling a gun on someone. Something about an off duty cop working security bustin a cap in said thug's ass. And, of course, something about said thug's mama crying that her "little thuggie" was just misunderstood, and it was society's fault we let him down! Dang, sounds a little like home!
Sure enuff does!!!! Sux, too.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:55 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,706,316 times
Quote:
Because TOS allow English only on City-Data? Only asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte