Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 07:03 PM

2 posts, read 3,898 times

Advertisements

hello everyone... I am hoping to be moving to charlotte this summer to start my residency training at the carolinas medical center and there are a couple basic things that are important to me in considering where to rent:

-i want minimal commute to the medical campus (would prefer to walk or bike to work, but would consider up to 15 min drive--and i'd be getting to work between 6am and 7am; the evening commute i'd be willing to deal w/ slightly longer drive times)

-i want to live somewhere i can go running from my door, through neighborhoods, without having to worry about my safety or cars (i typically run in the very early morning hrs up to 10-12 miles on a weekday morning).

-living close to a good ymca or gym with a pool would be nice too.

-our price range is $1200-$1300/month ideally

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 07:13 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,570,183 times
Dilworth or Myers Park.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:02 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,196,373 times
If you're working at CMC on Blythe, I would look no further than Dilworth.

You could walk to work. There's a great Y on Morehead.

You could run down East Blvd to Freedom Park and hit the "booty loop" for as many 3 mile loops as your heart desires.

Myers Park isn't bad either, maybe not a walkable distance to CMC, but close enough to bike.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:15 PM

236 posts, read 695,693 times
Depending on what you are looking for it might be kind of tough to find anything in Dilworth or Myers Park for $1200 - $1300. A 1BR should be pretty easy, but if you are looking for a 2BR or larger you'll likely be sacrificing size or quality. You can however find some decent housing uptown say at the Arbors. Some of the newer communities are in the $1500+ range for a 2BR. I would just start on Craig's list by typing in Uptown, Myers Park, or Dilworth and see what comes up. South Park might not be a bad option (a little more affordable yet close to CMC), but the running won't be as good.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,898 times
thanks for all the suggestions...i am looking forward to visiting the area again in march, and will have more time to explore my options. disappointing that it'll be hard to find something within my budget in dilworth though....

Old 12-22-2008, 06:35 AM

797 posts, read 3,295,817 times
The area around Park Rd. Shopping Center is close. I used to have a condo right there and took 6 min to get to uptown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: