U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-20-2008, 06:58 PM
 
94 posts, read 300,403 times
Reputation: 45

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I am looking for a recommendation for a mortgage broker for a refinance. I am in the greater charlotte area. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-20-2008, 07:05 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
7,041 posts, read 13,130,161 times
Reputation: 2324
PLEASE do not use a mortgage broker. Go directly to the bank of your choice! You will save yourself a ton of money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2008, 08:36 PM
 
7,109 posts, read 9,736,789 times
Reputation: 2564
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
PLEASE do not use a mortgage broker. Go directly to the bank of your choice! You will save yourself a ton of money!
And, for sure you will hear from mortgage brokers that they get a special rate, bla bla bla that you as a consumer will not get.....don't believe it unless you walk into a bank together and the loan originator offers one rate to you and a quarter or half point rate lower to the broker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-20-2008, 09:06 PM
 
50 posts, read 111,840 times
Reputation: 30
Jenny Stoner and Kim Venable at SunTrust just did my refi. Fabulous rate and top notch service!
SunTrust Mortgage, Inc. - The Stoner Venable Team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2008, 07:38 AM
 
Location: South Charlotte
1,435 posts, read 5,229,486 times
Reputation: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
PLEASE do not use a mortgage broker. Go directly to the bank of your choice! You will save yourself a ton of money!

I have never once seen a bank beat a mortgage broker's deal, not once.

Where are the savings you speak of? I've never seen them and noticed you have posted this advice a couple of times.

Just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2008, 07:40 AM
 
Location: South Charlotte
1,435 posts, read 5,229,486 times
Reputation: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
And, for sure you will hear from mortgage brokers that they get a special rate, bla bla bla that you as a consumer will not get.....don't believe it unless you walk into a bank together and the loan originator offers one rate to you and a quarter or half point rate lower to the broker.


They do, and are called wholesale rates. The broker my clients use beats banks rates and closing costs out all day long everyday. And not by just a little. I've seen 1% at times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2008, 09:07 AM
 
7,109 posts, read 9,736,789 times
Reputation: 2564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
They do, and are called wholesale rates. The broker my clients use beats banks rates and closing costs out all day long everyday. And not by just a little. I've seen 1% at times.
OK..let's get down to business on this issue. I am buying in Feb 2009 a 7 unit complex in Concord. I have already spoken to my bank (BOA) regarding the transaction and I have some prelim. numbers.Needless to say, I cannot post personal information like this on a public forum board but if any MB would like to contact me by DM I will expand on the details with a qualified and accredited firm and obtain a rate.

I promise that I will report the results after I close on the property.

je
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2008, 10:12 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,338,702 times
Reputation: 1008
Bad advice is to tell a borrower only to shop banks or to only shop brokers.

Good advice is to tell a borrower to shop BOTH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2008, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
5,137 posts, read 15,338,702 times
Reputation: 1008
Is this a commercial multifamily?
I thought BofA only did Residential multifamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
OK..let's get down to business on this issue. I am buying in Feb 2009 a 7 unit complex in Concord. I have already spoken to my bank (BOA) regarding the transaction and I have some prelim. numbers.Needless to say, I cannot post personal information like this on a public forum board but if any MB would like to contact me by DM I will expand on the details with a qualified and accredited firm and obtain a rate.

I promise that I will report the results after I close on the property.

je
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2008, 03:43 PM
 
94 posts, read 300,403 times
Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by deecon View Post
Jenny Stoner and Kim Venable at SunTrust just did my refi. Fabulous rate and top notch service!
SunTrust Mortgage, Inc. - The Stoner Venable Team
Thank you. I will check them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top