Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 06:22 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,039,953 times

Advertisements

What If Everyone | Home
click on "vision" for more information

Our Vision is to inspire people to serve humanity.

Our Mission is to create opportunities for people to serve their community in practical ways.

Our Strategy is two fold:
1. To partner with organizations, non-profits and churches that want to impact their community & organize citywide serve days.
2. To be a resource for individuals who desire to serve their community.

Our next Serve Day is March 24th, 2012.
Schedule for the day
Overview of all projects
To register, click on the project below.
Projects:
* New Project: Hope Haven Men's Facility
A Child's Place - Full (but still collecting snack items)
Angels & Sparrows Soup Kitchen - Full
Blood Drive
Center for Community Transitions
Community Food Distribution - Full
Fire Station Goodie Baskets - Full
Florence Crittenton Services - Baby Shower - Full
FreeStore - Full
Gas Giveaway - Full
Habitat Recycling Center
Laundry Love
Laurels Senior Living - Full
Mealpacks for Schools - Full
North Meck High - Cleaning/Organizing
Samaritan's Feet - Full
True Religion (not so random acts of kindness)
Waymer Community Clean-Up/Games - Full

For all those that need a boost: there will be a gas giveaway .... 100 people will get $20.00 in free gas...no strings attached...at the Highland Creek BP on Prosperity Church Rd. This is to help our neighbours that are struggling at this time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 01:29 PM

Just an update: after a soggy start, What if Everyone has proceeded to serve our city in an amazing way.

If any of you came for the gas giveaway and were turned away, that was an issue with the gas station not working with the What if Everyone staff (me) and refusing to allow me to buy any additional gas cards with the charity's credit card. The credit card option at the pump would not work over $100.00 either. We had planned to give away $2000.00 worth of free gas; instead were shut down at $700.00. This had been all sorted prior to the event (or so I thought). Anyway, stay tuned, log onto What if Everyone.com (web) or on FB for updates to see when the next giveaway will take place (and where).

Old 03-24-2012, 02:14 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,136,021 times
This is really cool, but it would be great if it wasnt advertised. Then it would be considered true random acts of kindness. I bet the gas station was madness.

Old 03-24-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
This is really cool, but it would be great if it wasnt advertised. Then it would be considered true random acts of kindness. I bet the gas station was madness.
Well, coastal, the reason that it was advertised was to include anyone that might have wanted to join in on the fun...or...sponsor us....or contribute in any way. Because we are an inclusive organization, we welcome anyone that would like to roll up their sleeves and pitch in. Kind of a place for those who always wanted to do something cool...but, just did not know where to start.

The gas station was real madness because of the issues that I had in paying for the gas. Usually, it is a fairly smooth process, but, with the pumps going off randomly and my not being able to get the mgr of the station to work with me...it turned into REAL madness.

PS: We also had issues one year with a community that was very distrustful of us and would not participate in the activities. So, we learned to advertise a bit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte