Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 12:39 PM

16 posts, read 53,230 times

Advertisements

in response to apple annie, we did not purchase the lot. We put a temporary deposit of 2500.00 to hold the lot we wanted. We can still get our money back, because it is stated on the paper we signed. So, can I still get a buyer's agent under those terms. I only dealt with the sales agent. We did not discuss anything else because the lots are not ready to be released.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 03:56 PM

474 posts, read 2,192,451 times
Sharon, my reply is valid. A Realtor is not an expert in construction. It would be in your best interest to hire a qualified home inspector or a person with a General Contractor's License in NC when you are ready to build.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:52 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,168,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Annie View Post
Sharon, my reply is valid. A Realtor is not an expert in construction. It would be in your best interest to hire a qualified home inspector or a person with a General Contractor's License in NC when you are ready to build.
I agree, a realtor is not an expert in construction -- nor is an inspector best qualified to help with some of the issues that may come up during the home building process. I think you need BOTH, a good realtor and a good inspector

Old 03-04-2007, 07:03 PM

16 posts, read 53,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Annie View Post
Thanks again for your input. If I can, I will have an agent too, but most definitely I will hire a building inspector to take care of my interests. This forum has been so helpful in so many ways. I have learned a lot in the short time that I have been a member. I have spents hours reading threads and enjoy every minute of it.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:28 PM

473 posts, read 1,578,721 times
Red face Buyers' Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonmg View Post
I plan on building a home in chastain village in indian land, south carolina probably in the middle of spring. We made a deposit on a lot to hold it. We have only dealt with the sales manager who I guess works for the builder and probably not have our best interest at heart. At this point and time, would a buyer's agent benefit us somehow? We live in Rhode Island, so I know we have to secure a good building inspector to do a pre-drywall inspection and follow through with the builder because we cannot be there. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

The builder has mainly a fixed price with standard upgrades included that other builders would charge extra for. I need to know why and if a buyers agent should be used. The builder is Cason builders and I have heard nothing but good things about them.
Buyers' agents are worth every penny that the builder pays them. Yes, the builder pays them. If you don't have a buyers' agent, you are saving the builder money and they probably will rake you over the coals because you don't have one protecting your interests. A builder loves to see buyers coming without a buyers' agent! Also, professional inspectors are a must. I would not personally buy anything without both a buyers' agent and a professional inspector. And I mean a professional inspector that costs a few hundred, not a friend of the family doing you a "favor"...

Old 03-08-2007, 06:07 AM

111 posts, read 527,472 times
it would be in your best interest to have a buyer's agent. you need someone on your side to help and protect you, the builder is lookingout for himself.. i can give you some names ect if you want to send me a pm.. thanks

Old 03-08-2007, 06:19 AM

604 posts, read 2,914,099 times
Why would you need a buyers agent if you already found the property you rlooking to buy?. What you need is a construction inspector to act in your behalf to insure your new home is constructed properly. You can probably find one thru your attorney who will handle your closing.

Real estate agents are not trained in home construction. They know how to show people homes.
E

Old 03-08-2007, 06:32 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,834,554 times
and we also know how to read contracts and make sure they are playing fairly. I always make sure my clients have some sort of out.....

Old 03-08-2007, 08:32 AM

1,453 posts, read 5,149,261 times
The selling agent's goal is to sell you a house. The Buyer's Agent's goal is to assist you in buying a home. There is a difference.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:48 PM

47 posts, read 165,616 times
A private independent home inspector is the only one involved in a real estate transaction that has no commissions or emotions attached to the deal.

ITs the best deal you can get for a few hundred bucks on the planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte