U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2008, 08:58 PM

5 posts, read 7,109 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am currently living in south Florida & I am considering moving to the Charlotte area. I'm 30 ys old & want to look into nursing school. Is there anyone who wants to share some tips/advice on where to (& where not to) live, what areas are the safest, etc.? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2008, 09:57 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,075,368 times
The best way to tell if an area is safe or not is to check out Community Crime Information System. There is a tutorial that will show how to most effectively use the search tool. There are a lot of safe areas that are close to unsafe areas so it is hard to come up with a blanket statement of what places are good to live. Your budget and desired amenities as well as proximity to whatever school you are planning to attend are obviously important factors as well.

If you are planning on working during school it is recommended to find a job first.

Old 12-26-2008, 08:39 AM

166 posts, read 364,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jendew7 View Post
Hi, I am currently living in south Florida & I am considering moving to the Charlotte area. I'm 30 ys old & want to look into nursing school. Is there anyone who wants to share some tips/advice on where to (& where not to) live, what areas are the safest, etc.? Thanks!
Use the search this feature . One word at a time and keep reading threads. safe, Nursing , etc..

Old 12-26-2008, 08:40 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,016,830 times
Have you checked into nursing programs here? All the ones I am familiar with have a waiting list, wh/ could mean waiting a year or two or longer b/f you can start the program. So until you have applied to various programs and find out if you are accepted, I would not be making plans to move here.

The other approach would be to find a job here and be prepared to work until you get accepted into one of the programs. That way, you could be settled in and making money and by the time you actually get into a program you would also have established residency, and thus, pay in-state tuition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte