U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-11-2009, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,269 posts, read 88,570,147 times
Reputation: 39866

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo33 View Post
good grief!! Build better roads!! What the f***!

What was i thinking!!!
I MUST BE A SIMPLTON!
Just "build better roads"? You really don't understand the issues, do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-11-2009, 12:10 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,186,293 times
Reputation: 22375
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo33 View Post
Do you always use southern truck stop diner terms like "darling" and "Honey" when you are pissed?
Seems a bit passive/aggressive to me.
this isn't school, so I have no homework to do, it is just a BBS. Take a chill pill., Darling. Attempt to maintain a conversation without going into a fit of rage because someone disagrees with your opinion.
Oh! I do so love Truck Stops. Especially those w/ biscuits and gravy and good sweetened ice tea.

Seems you revert to drivel when you can't find facts to back up your posts. Now . . . as I recall . . . you started this thread b/c you wanted to prove Charlotte is going to become a Ghost Town once the banks pull out. Think you have gotten a little off-track w/ your speculation about my background.

So to get it back on track . . . let me state once again . . . Yes, CLT is gonna lose (and has lost) jobs due to the banks leaving . . . but we were here long b/f the banks grew . . . and we will be here long after the banks do their big shuffle . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 12:13 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,269 posts, read 88,570,147 times
Reputation: 39866
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Oh! I do so love Truck Stops. Especially those w/ biscuits and gravy and good sweetened ice tea.

Seems you revert to drivel when you can't find facts to back up your posts. Now . . . as I recall . . . you started this thread b/c you wanted to prove Charlotte is going to become a Ghost Town once the banks pull out. Think you have gotten a little off-track w/ your speculation about my background.

So to get it back on track . . . let me state once again . . . Yes, CLT is gonna lose (and has lost) jobs due to the banks leaving . . . but we were here long b/f the banks grew . . . and we will be here long after the banks do their big shuffle . . .
Yep, that's it in a nut shell - time to move along to another thread, nothing else to see here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 12:14 PM
 
93 posts, read 175,863 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Just "build better roads"? You really don't understand the issues, do you?
Yes, I suppose not. Building a decent infrastructure to support a larger population is beyond the pale of human existence in the history of city planning.
It can't be done.
We should just go back to riding horses and use the superb public transportation provided in Charlotte such as walking from place to place, or hitchhiking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,269 posts, read 88,570,147 times
Reputation: 39866
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo33 View Post
Yes, I suppose not. Building a decent infrastructure to support a larger population is beyond the pale of human existence in the history of city planning.
It can't be done.
We should just go back to riding horses and use the superb public transportation provided in Charlotte..
Why do you continue to show your ignorance on the subject - I'm becoming embarrassed for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 12:21 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,186,293 times
Reputation: 22375
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo33 View Post
Yes, city planning and building new infrastructure for a growing city is so Ignorant.
I am so embarrassed for even considering such a thing.

I have been shamed.

I feel bad now.
You should feel bad. You have shown your complete ignorance. You come on here writing about a city and know nothing about its history - and WHY our infrastructure is where it is at this moment in time.

As I said earlier, when you decide to make a Great Debate . . . be ready w/ your facts and do your homework. To anyone who knows Charlotte's history and how taxes are collected in this state and how road/highways are designated for improvement/development . . . you have just shown your ignorance. And that is not a personal attack. Ignorance means "lack of knowledge" and is exactly the right word to describe the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 12:25 PM
 
93 posts, read 175,863 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
You should feel bad. You have shown your complete ignorance. You come on here writing about a city and know nothing about its history - and WHY our infrastructure is where it is at this moment in time.

As I said earlier, when you decide to make a Great Debate . . . be ready w/ your facts and do your homework. To anyone who knows Charlotte's history and how taxes are collected in this state and how road/highways are designated for improvement/development . . . you have just shown your ignorance. And that is not a personal attack. Ignorance means "lack of knowledge" and is exactly the right word to describe the situation.
Know nothing about it's history?
LOL
I lived in CLT from 1966 to 1995
try again to shame me with your nasty posts and personal attacks on me.

You need to go for a long walk as you are just making personal attacks now.
You're just a typical mean hateful person that uses personal attacks on people if you disagree with them because you don't have the intellectual capacity to debate a topic without resorting to personal attacks and insults.
So sad. I feel sorry for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 12:31 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,186,293 times
Reputation: 22375
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo33 View Post
Know nothing about it's history?
LOL
I lived in CLT from 1966 to 1995
try again to shame me with your nasty posts and personal attacks on me.

You need to go for a long walk as you are just making personal attacks now.
That is not a personal attack. Just b/c you have lived here, so what? If you were INFORMED you would know about Charlotte's longstanding battle w/ the state over DOT funding - and WHY this is a problem and HOW IT HAS AFFECTED OUR INFRASTRUCTURE.

Just b/c you lived here doesn't mean you are informed or know anything about the politics in this state and region.

No one expects you to know anything about it, either, since you are not a resident. These are local matters.

But why would you come on the Charlotte forum, when you don't even live here and are not aware of the nuances of living here - and start a discussion when you don't know the facts? That is my question . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 12:34 PM
 
Location: SC
1,141 posts, read 3,152,839 times
Reputation: 632
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo33 View Post
BofA laying off 10's of thousands, Wachovia will be laying off `10,'s of thousands.

The unemployment rate in CLT is going to go thru the roof.

You think maybe Charlotte can get those textile mill jobs back?
Yes it was a mistake, however most other area's of the USA did the same thing. Know how many people in NYC in the financial district are laid off? tons. How about Michigan and the car companies? Ohio and the steel mills?
And on and on it goes.

Charlotte will have a hard time wrestling the textile jobs away from China.
Let's see...pay an 8 year old kid 3 cents a day, or a North Carolinian 8 to 15 dollars an hour plus benefits.

Those textile jobs are a thing of the past. NC and SC both seem to be adept at re-inventing themselves however. I look for the area to be prosperous again, much faster than other areas of the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 12:37 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,186,293 times
Reputation: 22375
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo33 View Post
Whatever you say. I will just ignore you for now on as you are unable to debate in a civil manner and the mods will not step in to stop you.
A civil manner? Excuse me? You are the one making statements about Charlotte's infrastructure being lacking and that not having better infrastructure was "ignorant."

How did you turn that into my not being civil - explaining to you to do your homework and learn about the reasons our infrastructure is not as robust as it should be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top