U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-11-2009, 10:09 AM
 
93 posts, read 175,692 times
Reputation: 27

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Semantics
Charlotte
It is not semantics. But I can see I am getting nowhere with you on this subject and you are unwilling or unable to answer the question at hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-11-2009, 10:13 AM
 
620 posts, read 1,918,962 times
Reputation: 254
There are 325 Fortune 500 companies represented in Charlotte. Charlotte has 8 Fortune 500 Companies headquartered here and the 9th one is in Mooresville (Lowe's). For a city/metro of our size that is a lot. We most lost the Wachovia headquarters due to the merger with Wells Fargo so that leaves 8 and if BoFA goes then that leaves 7. Even if BoFA were to move the headquarters they would probably leave a lot of jobs here in Charlotte. They are currently building a new 30+ office tower Uptown and I don't anticipate them going anywhere anytime soon. Has anyone else noticed all the doom and gloom on the Charlotte board? I've checked out other places and Charlotte definitely ranks up there in terms of all these negative posts. Charlotte is a fast growing city in a fast growing region. I'm sure city officials will do everything they can to lure new headquarters here.

Charlotte Chamber - Fortune 500 Companies (at the bottom is a list of industry highlights)
http://www.charlottechamber.com/inde...egory=Research

And here is a list of industries:

http://www.charlottechamber.com/inde...tegory=eco_dev
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,380,615 times
Reputation: 39856
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo33 View Post
Charlotte
It is not semantics. But I can see I am getting nowhere with you on this subject and you are unwilling or unable to answer the question at hand.
Several of us have attemptd to answer you question, you just don't like the answers we have given. I fail to see the point in continuing as you don't want to discuss, you just want to debate. Take it to another board - this one is SUPPOSED to be for sharing accurate information, not broadcasting "facts" based solely on opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 10:23 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
2,447 posts, read 6,646,366 times
Reputation: 1389
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo33 View Post
Charlotte
It is not semantics. But I can see I am getting nowhere with you on this subject and you are unwilling or unable to answer the question at hand.
You're just looking to argue. I posted links to two different posts in this thread. Here they are again...... post #26 and post #50

nyxmike posted the same info. but I'm sure you'll ignore that as well.

As loves said this isn't a debate forum. You asked a question and got various opinions. You may not agree with them. That's fine. It's not up to us to convince you that we are "right". This is from the Terms of Service.

Quote:
Our opinions on a location or issue are just that, opinions. Highly subjective. Personal preferences. Quirks, even. Leave wiggle room for dialogue, others may not see things the same as you, or been there as long as you, and any one of us can be wrong. Pouncing on someone you disagree with runs contrary to the spirit of this board and its members. We are here to help each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 10:25 AM
 
93 posts, read 175,692 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post
There are 325 Fortune 500 companies represented in Charlotte. Charlotte has 8 Fortune 500 Companies headquartered here and the 9th one is in Mooresville (Lowe's). For a city/metro of our size that is a lot. We most lost the Wachovia headquarters due to the merger with Wells Fargo so that leaves 8 and if BoFA goes then that leaves 7. Even if BoFA were to move the headquarters they would probably leave a lot of jobs here in Charlotte. They are currently building a new 30+ office tower Uptown and I don't anticipate them going anywhere anytime soon. Has anyone else noticed all the doom and gloom on the Charlotte board? I've checked out other places and Charlotte definitely ranks up there in terms of all these negative posts. Charlotte is a fast growing city in a fast growing region. I'm sure city officials will do everything they can to lure new headquarters here.

Charlotte Chamber - Fortune 500 Companies (at the bottom is a list of industry highlights)
Charlotte Chamber - Largest Employers

And here is a list of industries:

Charlotte Chamber - Target & Emerging Industries
But what are the other main industy sectors in charlotte? That..again..is a list of companies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 10:27 AM
 
93 posts, read 175,692 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
You're just looking to argue. I posted links to two different posts in this thread. Here they are again...... post #26 and post #50

nyxmike posted the same info. but I'm sure you'll ignore that as well.
Nope, I was asking for an answer to a specific question.
The question AGAIN is What are the other main specific job/industry sectors outside of banking in the Charlotte area?
Trucking/Distribution is one.
I guess NASCAR is out since you did not like me bring that up.

Any others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 10:28 AM
 
620 posts, read 1,918,962 times
Reputation: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo33 View Post
But what are the other main industy sectors in charlotte? That..again..is a list of companies.
The link I provided gives a list of current, target and emerging INDUSTRY SECTORS in the Charlotte region.

http://www.charlottechamber.com/inde...tegory=eco_dev
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 10:31 AM
 
93 posts, read 175,692 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post
The link I provided gives a list of current, target and emerging INDUSTRY SECTORS in the Charlotte region.

Charlotte Chamber - Target & Emerging Industries
I don't want a link, why can you not just say what are the other main industrial sectors? Why is that so hard? That is just a link to the CLT Chamber of Commerce.
It is a few words answer.
BTW - there is a big picture of NASCAR on that link header, and I already listed NASCAR as a major industry in CLT which some people got offended by.
LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 10:34 AM
 
620 posts, read 1,918,962 times
Reputation: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo33 View Post
I don't want a link, why can you not just say what are the other main industrial sectors? Why is that so hard?
It is a few words answer.
BTW - there is a big picture of NASCAR on that link header.
LOL
Why do I have to type it out for you when you can just click on the link and read the list. That is the point of posting a link - it is easier and it gives factual info. What is wrong with the Charlotte Chamber? Do you want people to just make up what they think is here or look it up and post factual information? A few words answer would be me typing it out for you. If you go to the link you can click on each industry and there is a lot more information. If you want the answer, click on the link and actually read it this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2009, 10:36 AM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,380,615 times
Reputation: 39856
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo33 View Post
I don't want a link, why can you not just say what are the other main industrial sectors? Why is that so hard? That is just a link to the CLT Chamber of Commerce.
It is a few words answer.
BTW - there is a big picture of NASCAR on that link header, and I already listed NASCAR as a major industry in CLT which some people got offended by.
LOL
All you have to do is open the link and read it for yourself

I found this info particularly interesting...

With so many companies based or doing business here, some might say that Charlotte's business is business. We have such a pro-business environment that 328 of Fortune's top 500 companies have placed one or more facilities within Mecklenburg County. The Queen City is one of the most business-focused cities in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:29 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top