U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:47 AM

314 posts, read 1,023,870 times

Advertisements

I'm from St. Louis, a fanatical baseball town. I would gladly welcome a baseball team here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 07:54 AM

4,677 posts, read 8,014,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiehigh View Post
Here is a decent article about this from the Observer. Seems like bank buildings will cease for a while and there won't be competition to go up since there will only be one bank HQ. Also, it is odd that he brought up the possibility for BofA to move to NYC. I really hope that does not happen!

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/dougsmith/story/441812.html (broken link)
Quite an interesting story. It can make you become pessimistic if you let it.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:05 AM

257 posts, read 585,023 times
Agree. I think every city will slow down construction considerably for a while b/c one of the problems with the economy is over building. I just hope Charlotte focuses on keeping retail banking in Charlotte and go out and get new companies who will put employees in the Uptown area. I think the next mayoral election is a big deal.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:13 AM

1,852 posts, read 4,661,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
Quite an interesting story. It can make you become pessimistic if you let it.
I think that was the only point of the story. He added nothing (as you can see from my comments below his column).

If you have the money invested and have started building, you most likely will finish, in fact there are some nice little laws around to help push you into finishing. As far as non-started projects, I see 2010 as another push year, with a spike. Maybe we can use some Obama infrastructure money to shore up that piece of Charlotte before the next wave. Lets finish 485, lets get 77 widened, lets fix eastland mall area, get closure to some outstanding issues. Lulls in builds of added residence and business, mean finish things up.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:44 AM

2,560 posts, read 7,699,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
I think that was the only point of the story. He added nothing (as you can see from my comments below his column).

If you have the money invested and have started building, you most likely will finish, in fact there are some nice little laws around to help push you into finishing. As far as non-started projects, I see 2010 as another push year, with a spike. Maybe we can use some Obama infrastructure money to shore up that piece of Charlotte before the next wave. Lets finish 485, lets get 77 widened, lets fix eastland mall area, get closure to some outstanding issues. Lulls in builds of added residence and business, mean finish things up.
Finish I-485 & widen I-77...are you serious....lol?

Not unitl Raleigh & Fayetteville get to finish their Loops. Charlotte is and always will be the red head step child on NC (even though we pump more money in NC than any other city/county).

Old 12-30-2008, 11:21 AM

1,852 posts, read 4,661,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Finish I-485 & widen I-77...are you serious....lol?

Not unitl Raleigh & Fayetteville get to finish their Loops. Charlotte is and always will be the red head step child on NC (even though we pump more money in NC than any other city/county).
I understand that. but we have Bev now!

Old 12-30-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
I understand that. but we have Bev now!
And Bev means what? I hope & pray it does...but we will see. Remember she is from Eastern NC...where Raleigh is and Fayetteville too.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:

Spoken like a true CLTean. I-77 definitely needs to be widened. Especially near your neck of the woods. We need to go into prayer about I-485. Prayer changes things you know. LOL.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
Spoken like a true CLTean. I-77 definitely needs to be widened. Especially near your neck of the woods. We need to go into prayer about I-485. Prayer changes things you know. LOL.
Amen. I strongly believe in prayer...but remember that the devil lives in Raleigh (government)!...LOL!

Old 12-30-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Amen. I strongly believe in prayer...but remember that the devil lives in Raleigh (government)!...LOL!
LOL!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!! That is too funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or