Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2007, 03:06 PM

12 posts, read 35,997 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know anything about homes/quality of life in the New Urbanist developments in HUntersville? Specifically Vermillion or MOnteith Park. THanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 03:38 PM

286 posts, read 946,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman View Post
Does anybody know anything about homes/quality of life in the New Urbanist developments in HUntersville? Specifically Vermillion or MOnteith Park. THanks.
Hi Tacoman,

i know a little bit about Monteith Park, i hope to purchase there in the near futue. The builder is Saussy Burbank, they have a new phase opening up in a few months for building.You can go to there website and get styles of houses and pricing. I do not know much about Vermillion.Good luck

Old 03-04-2007, 05:11 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,833,378 times
What specifics do you want to know. Vermillion is kind of cool with a small commercial district with a bar in the middle of the neighborhood.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:25 PM

474 posts, read 1,748,960 times
Vermillion seemed real hot a few years ago and then kind of cooled down. For a neighborhood that received so much attention early on, you hardly hear about it anymore. It seems like they're starting to ramp up the advertising again after making some changes to the neighborhood - from what I can tell, the big change being building larger houses on larger lots.

I'm not a planner by trade, but I don't think Monteith would be considered a new urbanism style neighborhood. The housing style fits that of other new urbanism neighborhoods, but Monteith is not within walking distance of stores, schools, a town center, etc. Aside from that, I actually just sold my house in Monteith less than a week ago and would recommend it highly.

My understanding of true new urbanism neighborhoods would be Birkdale in Huntersville or Baxter Village in Fort Mill.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:49 PM

12 posts, read 35,997 times
Thanks for the responses. I hope to check outh the neighborhoods soon.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:53 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,833,378 times
Vermillion has 3 new builders in there now. from the high $200K's to the $500K's.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:36 PM

473 posts, read 1,578,497 times
Red face Vermillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
Vermillion has 3 new builders in there now. from the high $200K's to the $500K's.
When we were looking, our realtor said that building had stopped in Vermillion for some reason. She didn't know why or what happened, but we were in too much of a hurry to be bothered with it. Seems like afterward I heard there was a legal issue halting it but not sure if it was that development...

We drove through MP. We didn't like the detached garages and the "courtyard" small lots. We liked Rosedale and bought in here. If you needed to, you could walk to the stores and it is a very friendly community. I love Bunco and the social events we have planned. We have great neighbors, too, and that's what's important to me...

Old 09-19-2007, 02:29 PM

7 posts, read 22,051 times
Check with the Huntersville police department for crime statistics in those areas.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:13 AM

94 posts, read 356,355 times
Another option just north of Huntersville is Oakhurst (technically in Cornelius, but just north of Exit 25) . . . we bought there because of the neo traditional plan. There is a wide variety of homes (condos, townhouses, smaller and larger single family homes), green space, pool, and the development at the front of the neighborhood includes a dry cleaner, coffee house, great restaurant, medical offices, and even a day care. Also easy access to Northcross (with Target, HT, Lowe's, Kohl's etc) - although sadly not walkable as there are no sidewalks down 21. Good luck on your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte