U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 08:15 PM

3 posts, read 19,686 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for feedback on these communities. I'm having difficulty deciding. Each have a different feel. I have spent the last 2 weeks looking at communities mostly in Waxhaw,Marvin, Weddington and will be returning next w/e. Hopefully to make the final decision.
Some of the builders I met seem questionable. Especially in the Providence Downs & Providence Downs South. Any info on the developer?
Woodhall-comments, concerns. What about the duke power lines? I've been told "Sports Figures" reside in the community.
At this point, Skyecroft is my #1 choice. I'm leaning towards a custom build. ideal lot size .75-1.25. My price point is on the low end of these communities((1-1.2)
From these communities, what is the real commute time to the Charlotte airport?
Plans for a traffic light at New Town and Crane Rd? true or false?
Are there any communities othe communities I should consider?
I'm not 100% sold on relocating to the area but it works for my husband and he's sold.
Thank you,
Stressed-out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 08:24 PM

7,929 posts, read 17,766,482 times
Let me tell you those developments are beautiful and YES sports players to live there as there kids go to THE PUBLIC schools as well...There is a woman on the boards who you should talk to she is a native in Marvin and give you a good insight her screen name is MarvinNative....with that being said her daughter goes to school with one of the players Twin Girls...We are looking over there in The Reserve and The Chimmney's or Marvin as well as hunter oaks, not as expensive as those developements but she gave me great insight on the area...good luck to you

You cant go wrong with in the Marvin/Waxhaw Area...

Old 03-04-2007, 09:50 PM

3 posts, read 19,686 times
Thank you. I will try to contact MarvinNative.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:07 PM

7,929 posts, read 17,766,482 times
your welcome

Old 03-05-2007, 05:33 AM

197 posts, read 667,671 times
I'm personally partial to Skyecroft because it is around the corner from me and I think is much prettier than Providence Downs. I don't have helpful info about the builders, though.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:05 AM

1,453 posts, read 4,689,404 times
Ask your agent to research the builders and give you feedback. He/she can check out their reputation for quality and service. As for power lines, I would not recommend you buy a home that is located directly under or within close proximity of a high tension power line. Even if they are deemed to be safe now you may have a problem when it comes time to resale. I've had clients decide against a home they might otherwise have taken because of them. Even if you're planning to stay in this home for the rest of your life you should buy it with the idea of resale in mind.

Old 03-20-2007, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 8,349 times
Default Skyecroft

Hello
I will do some research for you and get back. Other then builders what other information are you needing regarding these communities?

Old 03-20-2007, 02:53 PM

111 posts, read 493,183 times
HI, I am sending you a Pm thanks!

Old 03-22-2007, 10:35 AM

1 posts, read 8,304 times
My husband and I moved to Union County from Connecticut 7 months ago. I am originally from CA, he is from PA. We have been lucky enough to travel throughout the United States and the world, and I can say, without a doubt, that the Charlotte area is the most wonderful place to live (excluding Paris

The community, landscaping and things to do cannot be beat. As for Providence Downs (South), etc. they are all wonderful, and just depend on what you are looking for and your price point. The only development in the immediate area that I have heard negative things about, in terms of the quality of construction is Marvin Creek (Toll Bros. Builder). Other than that, pick a spot and move! You will adore it.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 08-27-2007 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: ad

Old 08-27-2007, 11:56 AM

2 posts, read 9,913 times
Default stressed-out

Dear Stressed-Out,

First, I must let you know we moved from the Southpark area of Charlotte to Weddington for many reasons. All have been beneficial to my family including schools and just plain peaceful living. I travel weekly by plane somewhere in the country so I commute to the airport from Weddington(Twelve Mile Cr Rd) on a normal basis. I was suprised to find the ride shorter the anticipated; about 28min. to be exact. WOW it's great ride...3 different roads and I'm parking in the Long Term lot and always seem to get there a little early.
As far as your development choices go, I don't like to discuss builders and developers however we were told to stay clear of Providence Downs. Many homes resold and homeowners assoc. issues;grounds, pool and 2 more entirely new PD neighborhoods going up 3 miles apart. Any builder is qualified as long as the house plan is approved so there's alot of high/low range building which to us looked inconsistant.
One great day in May we drove into the most unique European style neighborhood I've ever seen. We were sold the day we drove down Skeycroft Commons Drive. Things were a little slow at first but the development took quite some time due to the lakes and topography. The layout portrays awesome wooded lots and feels more like estate living, very private. Great bike paths, pool, tennis and bright stars in the sky. We interviewed 4 out of the 8 builders and chose J.S.Kempf and Assoc. After meeting with the owner and looking through existing plans we felt very comfortable with the construction process. We then discovered the company was a premier builder in Charlotte and operates like a very small family business.
We now have peole stopping by wanting to know who the builder was. We were'nt looking for a castle but did want a moderately sized house with European flair under 1.2Mill and the builder was instrumental in creating this one.
We are extremely happy with the development and look forward to many years of great living in the Skyecroft community.

Dogsbestfriend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or