U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 07:10 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,067,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn View Post
I'm going to try to break my addiction to city-data so that I can become a functionable human being again!
I did really good for about a year and a 1/2, then I remembered my password, dough!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 07:27 AM

Yes, tomorrow is D-day, diet that is. Although I look at it not as a diet so much as eating healthier and portion control which is key.

Exercise, I am going to continue walking, it helps that my best friend enjoys walks and it's good for him too (my lab pup ). I am going to dust of my new pedometer (that I haven't used yet), I vow that my pilates machine will no longer be a clothes hanger, I can use my stair stepper while watching TV and bust out my aerobic step and get my a_s moving! No excuses anymore.

Wishing you all a healthy and happy new year!

Old 12-31-2008, 08:13 AM

7,105 posts, read 9,701,079 times
All you guys from the NE lost a very important exercise when you left.

" Honey, GET YOUR ARSE OUTSIDE AND START SHOVING THOSE WHITE LITTLE THINGS FALLING ALL OVER OUR DRIVEWAY!"

I'll get even in 11 days!

Old 12-31-2008, 08:47 AM

7,041 posts, read 13,106,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
All you guys from the NE lost a very important exercise when you left.

" Honey, GET YOUR ARSE OUTSIDE AND START SHOVING THOSE WHITE LITTLE THINGS FALLING ALL OVER OUR DRIVEWAY!"

I'll get even in 11 days!
don't forget us midwesterners, too!! (where you get fined if you don't promptly shovel....AND, they have had the snowiest December EVER in the history of snow )

Old 12-31-2008, 08:49 AM

7,041 posts, read 13,106,172 times
Well, if everyone cuts their C/D addiction, who will I have to talk to?

Old 12-31-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Well, if everyone cuts their C/D addiction, who will I have to talk to?
It's too hard not to stop, especially being out of work. Just vacuumed the upstairs, taking a quick break to check the threads and now for the downstairs, oh must pet the dog downstairs since I petted the cat upstairs, don't want to play favorites ya know.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
Yes, tomorrow is D-day, diet that is. Although I look at it not as a diet so much as eating healthier and portion control which is key.

Exercise, I am going to continue walking, it helps that my best friend enjoys walks and it's good for him too (my lab pup ). I am going to dust of my new pedometer (that I haven't used yet), I vow that my pilates machine will no longer be a clothes hanger, I can use my stair stepper while watching TV and bust out my aerobic step and get my a_s moving! No excuses anymore.

Wishing you all a healthy and happy new year!
It's day 9 into the new year and have I kept up with my resolutions? Yes and no so to speak....

I have been eating much better and have cut out so much junk. I even opted for the low fat yogurt at Costo yesterday instead of the yummy cinnamon churro I really wanted. I had to laugh, when the gal asked what I wanted I said I'll go with the frozen yogurt but I really want the churro in which she said the frozen yogurt is much better for you, less fat & calories? Hmm was she reading my mind? Then as I started to push my cart out I looked down to realize she must have saw my new Weight Watchers cook books, dough! I weighed myself yesterday and am below my start marker, ya hoo!

Still walking the dog, have not taken the garments off the pilates machine, maybe I'll do that today, have not done the stair stepper yet, have not used the pedometer although I have been walking.

But I have continued my painting process in my master bedroom, the ceiling and trey ceiling, uggh, I have been up and down the ladder a hundred times at least! So I figure I have been exercising.

How is everyone else doing?

Old 01-09-2009, 10:32 AM

105 posts, read 371,450 times
Default New Years

I can't beleive that I totally missed this New Years thread...oh well, let me make up for lost time...lol

I am not a resolution chic. Resolutions seem to never come true for people and tend to turn into jokes too often. I have a New Years "To Do" list. You know that I have to be orginal. Seriously though, it really works. I am a huge "lister" anyways but that is how I get so much done on a normal basis. So here is my list. It is kind of long this year but I have a lot that I want to get done. I am putting it out here for everyone to read so that there is no denying my list. And they are in no particular order...just how they came to mind.

* Work on me ! I want to try to keep up my appearance and health better than I have in the past year. I have been really busy with many things but that is no excuse. When you look good, you feel good and when you feel good, everything seems better.
* Start getting my nails done again ! I don't get to spoil myself much and there is little that I spend money on regularly for me so this is the one thing that I am going to pamper myself with. If not sooner, I will get them on as my birthday present to me.
* Spend more time outdoors with the kids ! In this day and age, we all spend too much time inside and now that we have almost year round outside weather, I need to take advantage of all that we can do. Maybe it will help get me into shape...some other shape other than round. )
* Visit RI...at least twice ! I miss everyone that I left behind and can't wait to visit them.
* Go back to school ! In order for us to take advantage of the community college instate prices, we need to be a resident for at least a year. May will make a year so I want to at least take one class a semester to get my feet back into school until I can do more. Baby steps are always a good way to start.
* Become more consistant with the kids regarding rules of the house and punishments ! That is the one thing that I have been saying for years. I know that consistancy is not my thing but this year I will try to turn that around.
* Get a bed ! Yes, we still don't have a bed. We went from sleeping on the inflatable mattress to sleeping on the futon. We need a bed and we need it soon.
* Since I am talking about buying, I also want to get a dining room set. Each night the six of us sit around the little round table in the kitchen. We need a nice rectangular table that we can fit comfortably around and fit more if necessary. This is not a necessity but I think that we can manage to get a table and chairs in the year to come.
* I will have one date night with DH a month...at least. We are slowly settling into this area but we have not had much of a chance to really take time for us. Starting January, we will start having date nights. I really enjoy spending time with him and we need to make it a priority.
* Get into contact with my brother ...from my father's side. I have only met him once and as the older sibling, I want to reach out and try to build a relationship with him. I don't know where he is or if he is married or even has kids. I might have more neices and nephews that I don't even know about. Life is too short to not know family.

So that is pretty much it. My goals for 2009. I also want DH to find a job in the feild that he likes. Although his job is pretty good and he has been able to make some good friends there, I know that is not where he sees himself and I want him to be as happy as I am. I can't add that to my "To Do" list though because that is something for him...lol. But I will put it on my wish list for 2009. Bet you think that I am kidding, huh? Well, I am not. I really do have a wish list too but that list is too private to share....get your own !! (LOL)

Christina

Old 01-09-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtinax01 View Post
I can't beleive that I totally missed this New Years thread...oh well, let me make up for lost time...lol

I am not a resolution chic. Resolutions seem to never come true for people and tend to turn into jokes too often. I have a New Years "To Do" list. You know that I have to be orginal. Seriously though, it really works. I am a huge "lister" anyways but that is how I get so much done on a normal basis. So here is my list. It is kind of long this year but I have a lot that I want to get done. I am putting it out here for everyone to read so that there is no denying my list. And they are in no particular order...just how they came to mind.

* Work on me ! I want to try to keep up my appearance and health better than I have in the past year. I have been really busy with many things but that is no excuse. When you look good, you feel good and when you feel good, everything seems better.
* Start getting my nails done again ! I don't get to spoil myself much and there is little that I spend money on regularly for me so this is the one thing that I am going to pamper myself with. If not sooner, I will get them on as my birthday present to me.
* Spend more time outdoors with the kids ! In this day and age, we all spend too much time inside and now that we have almost year round outside weather, I need to take advantage of all that we can do. Maybe it will help get me into shape...some other shape other than round. )
* Visit RI...at least twice ! I miss everyone that I left behind and can't wait to visit them.
* Go back to school ! In order for us to take advantage of the community college instate prices, we need to be a resident for at least a year. May will make a year so I want to at least take one class a semester to get my feet back into school until I can do more. Baby steps are always a good way to start.
* Become more consistant with the kids regarding rules of the house and punishments ! That is the one thing that I have been saying for years. I know that consistancy is not my thing but this year I will try to turn that around.
* Get a bed ! Yes, we still don't have a bed. We went from sleeping on the inflatable mattress to sleeping on the futon. We need a bed and we need it soon.
* Since I am talking about buying, I also want to get a dining room set. Each night the six of us sit around the little round table in the kitchen. We need a nice rectangular table that we can fit comfortably around and fit more if necessary. This is not a necessity but I think that we can manage to get a table and chairs in the year to come.
* I will have one date night with DH a month...at least. We are slowly settling into this area but we have not had much of a chance to really take time for us. Starting January, we will start having date nights. I really enjoy spending time with him and we need to make it a priority.
* Get into contact with my brother ...from my father's side. I have only met him once and as the older sibling, I want to reach out and try to build a relationship with him. I don't know where he is or if he is married or even has kids. I might have more neices and nephews that I don't even know about. Life is too short to not know family.

So that is pretty much it. My goals for 2009. I also want DH to find a job in the feild that he likes. Although his job is pretty good and he has been able to make some good friends there, I know that is not where he sees himself and I want him to be as happy as I am. I can't add that to my "To Do" list though because that is something for him...lol. But I will put it on my wish list for 2009. Bet you think that I am kidding, huh? Well, I am not. I really do have a wish list too but that list is too private to share....get your own !! (LOL)

Christina
I think your list is wonderful and I am so thankful someone else out thier doesn't have a mattress! LOL so hard I'm ! Our master bath also has a door to our bonus room and that is where we are sleeping on our day/trundle bed! Our guest bedroom has brand new queen matresses that I need to have replaced, after a total of 14 nights of guests the matress is totally sloped like an old mule! So if we sleep in thier we roll to the middle, can't win for losing.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:23 PM

21,956 posts, read 21,446,136 times
I quit smoking cigarettes but I did it before New Years....21 days smoke free!! My New Years resolution is to remain a non-smoker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte