U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:10 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,272,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
OHMYGOSH Ani, that's it!!!! We need to write the Chamber of Commerce immediately!! I love this as our slogan

CHARLOTTE - WELCOME HOME

Yeah but that's taken....some huge billboard inside Northlake Mall right near the food court. I think a home building company put it up there, but it certainly struck a nerve the first time I saw it when we came back here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 07:14 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,294,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Maybe I should try to get the city's marketing contract, LOL. Loves, you want another job?
First thing we do is order up 10,000 bumper stickers (yeah, I'll get right on that, lol!!!)

Old 12-30-2008, 07:14 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,004,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Yeah but that's taken....some huge billboard inside Northlake Mall right near the food court. I think a home building company put it up there, but it certainly struck a nerve the first time I saw it when we came back here.
Really? Someone is using that? Well . . . not like it is copyrighted. It is a very common phrase . . . just used w/ a twist in this case . . .

Old 12-30-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Well I say we claim it back! Hey, make us one of your cool pics right here with Ani's slogan Brian. Then when people click on this thread to read about Charlotte's "culture" they'll see it and understand what our culture is - HOME

Old 12-30-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brichard View Post
I take it your comment is meant to be tongue in cheek? I'm glad this question has been raised. It's not the first time it's come up but I've yet to see a strong answer. The things I hear people refer to when asked what Charlotte has to offer are generally things you can find in any city. I lived for Charlotte years ago and keep looking for reasons to come back (other than my family being there). I'd like to know what unique flavor the city has to offer, the things I can only find in Charlotte. And I don't mean exclusive offerings that would require me to join a country club! Let me put it to you this way: if someone were coming from out of town to visit and you wanted to show them memorable highlights, where would you take them? For example, I live in San Diego. When people come here, other than the obvious touristy stuff like the San Diego Zoo and Sea World, I take them to wander around inside and through the grounds of the historic Hotel del Coronado. Or I take them over to La Jolla to grab some ice cream and stroll down the streets towards the ocean where we watch the sea lions, then head up to one of the restaurants or happy hours with balcony seating to watch the sun set over the ocean. Or I take them for a day trip down to Tijuana to bargain shop. Or we go hang out downtown in the history Gaslamp Quarter and have dinner. Or to tour the U.S. Aircraft Carrier Midway. Or we go wander around historic Old Town San Diego and shop, dine on autentic Mexican food, and watch artisans perform their crafts. Or we go to the historic San Diego Mission. Or we watch the fog roll in or the sun set over the ocean from atop the cliffs at Torrey Pines. Or we hang out for the day and get a tan, or perhaps go roller blading, in quirky Mission Beach. THIS is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Where does an out-of-towner go in Charlotte to have a unique, photo-worthy experience?
My statement was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, yes. But the point is . . . you can find whatever you want to find here, depending on your interests and how much you have to spend on entertainment. A lot of money in this city goes to charitable causes, so being involved in churches and w/ non-profit organizations is actually a social pursuit here, wh/ I find very admirable.

This is a very family oriented, family friendly city. I think others have put it best - we are not a tourist destination. We do things here to better our city (Charitable causes) so that it is a great place to live.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
First thing we do is order up 10,000 bumper stickers (yeah, I'll get right on that, lol!!!)
We can hand paint billboards. How are you on ladders?

Old 12-30-2008, 07:21 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
Well I say we claim it back! Hey, make us one of your cool pics right here with Ani's slogan Brian. Then when people click on this thread to read about Charlotte's "culture" they'll see it and understand what our culture is - HOME

I dunno...it'd be hard to top that huge billboard collage thing that they have up there.

Let me brush up on my photoshop skills and I'm sure I could come up with something that would drive 'em awa...I mean here.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Yeah, Brian. Get busy. I want some marketing materials!!!

Old 12-30-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Really? Someone is using that? Well . . . not like it is copyrighted. It is a very common phrase . . . just used w/ a twist in this case . . .

Since you can't legally copyright common words or phrases, I guess it's anyone's to use.

Hmmm....I should work on something picturesque....

Old 12-30-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Since you can't legally copyright common words or phrases, I guess it's anyone's to use.

Hmmm....I should work on something picturesque....
or homey looking How about a hearth with a big plate of barbeque sitting on it???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or