U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 05:20 AM

494 posts, read 834,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
.....have you been to Concord Mills Mall on a Saturday Evening lately? I have first hand experience with having to deal with these low life thugs acting like they own the place.

It is the same way at the Carolina Place. I ran over one evening to make a quick purchase and was actually uncomfortable walking through the food court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 06:25 AM

193 posts, read 312,163 times
Quote:
.....have you been to Concord Mills Mall on a Saturday Evening lately? I have first hand experience with having to deal with these low life thugs acting like they own the place.
I get the feeling that some people would be afraid to go any place where the folks weren't wearing white hoods!

Old 04-23-2009, 06:39 AM

120 posts, read 184,994 times
Quote:
Dude, I live 2 miles away from Concord Mills, we're there all the time. I have no freaking clue what you are talking about. The worst thing about Concord Mills on a Saturday night is the traffic.

I agree DBGNC ....maybe

Last edited by GoodbyePA; 04-23-2009 at 07:27 AM..

Old 04-23-2009, 07:13 AM

35,000 posts, read 41,176,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBGNCSU05 View Post
I get the feeling that some people would be afraid to go any place where the folks weren't wearing white hoods!
That was a totally unnecessary comment and a very disparaging one, at that. Would you be saying that if this forum was the NJ, NY, OH, or PA forum? I don't appreciate the stereotypes b/c they perpetuate ignorance about the South and Southerners. Further, you have mainly disparaged newcomers b/c most of the people saying Northlakes is becoming a ghetto mall are NOT natives.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyePA View Post
Dude, I live 2 miles away from Concord Mills, we're there all the time. I have no freaking clue what you are talking about. The worst thing about Concord Mills on a Saturday night is the traffic.

I agree DBGNC
Again, if you look over the people posting that they are concerned about being at Northlakes, they are newcomers. So giving DBGNC a big pat on the back for insinuating that the natives are uncomfortable unless the klan is around doesn't even apply to this discussion. Or were you saying people from other areas are more likely to be prejudiced?

Old 04-23-2009, 07:17 AM

120 posts, read 184,994 times
Oh dear Ani I thought DB was talking ONLY about Cleveland Mike and his choice of the word thug when obviously talking about black people. If he was talking about anyone else I certainly don't agree with him.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin2007 View Post
It is the same way at the Carolina Place. I ran over one evening to make a quick purchase and was actually uncomfortable walking through the food court.
Unfortunately, shoplifting has become a big problem at CP . . . a lot of kids and adults drive in from other areas just to pillage. Getting attacked at CP is not so much the problem as is the merchants getting ripped off (or having your shopping bag stolen or your car broken into).

Again, this is a trend in malls across the country. I have never heard that gangs are actually hanging out at CP and I know law enforcement is definitely aware and being vigilant about patrons and their safety.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:23 AM

494 posts, read 834,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Unfortunately, shoplifting has become a big problem at CP . . . a lot of kids and adults drive in from other areas just to pillage. Getting attacked at CP is not so much the problem as is the merchants getting ripped off (or having your shopping bag stolen or your car broken into).

Again, this is a trend in malls across the country. I have never heard that gangs are actually hanging out at CP and I know law enforcement is definitely aware and being vigilant about patrons and their safety.

So sad..because I love the REI and new bookstore!! They are great! Carolina Place has potential to be such a great mall!

On a fun note...Did anyone see an old episode of Trading Spouses where they all went to Concord Mills!! My family was so excited watching that!

Old 04-23-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyePA View Post
Oh dear Ani I thought DB was talking ONLY about Cleveland Mike and his choice of the word thug when obviously talking about black people. If he was talking about anyone else I certainly don't agree with him.
Whew. Thank you for clarifying that, Goodbye PA. I am so tired of the stereotypes - both about Southerners being klan members and every black kid being a thug. Sorry for misreading your reply. Pls. accept my apology.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin2007 View Post
So sad..because I love the REI and new bookstore!! They are great! Carolina Place has potential to be such a great mall!

On a fun note...Did anyone see an old episode of Trading Spouses where they all went to Concord Mills!! My family was so excited watching that!
CP is such a convenient location, too, for many areas of the metro, including SC!

I hate I missed that episode. I didn't realize there had been a family from this region on that show! ROFL! Dern, I hate I missed that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte