Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:24 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBGNCSU05 View Post
First off, I was born & raised in the deep south - Alabama.

Second, I wasn't trying to make a generalization about all southerners. We, by and large, respect honest, hard-working folks no matter their skin color.

Third, it has been my experience that prejudice is even worse in a lot of urban areas up north.

Fourth, and most importantly, my comment was direct at the board troll/bigot (we all know who that is).

I'm sorry that my original post wasn't more clear to that last point.
And I apologize for misreading it and hope you will accept my apology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 08:26 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,891,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyePA View Post
No need to apologize Ani. I understand your reaction, I come from a family of "rednecks", and after my Father-in-law (who grew up in NYC and now lives in Orlando) met them I guess he became intrigued and started sending redneck jokes, bless his heart. (Did I use it right? ) My husband finally had to call him and tell him that I didn't find them funny and of course he didn't really mean anything by them but it touched a nerve with me. I've always respected and felt pride in my family being "country" and for some outsider to seemingly make assumptions about their intelligence...
This is very much like my experience recently. My wife and I were in Minnesota visiting her relatives. Her family is what I consider "redneck". Nevertheless, we all got together on night and her brother, a real biker type 6'8", 300 pounds, came with his girlfried. He and his girlfriend were drinking wine out of a paper sack and telling southern redneck jokes. My wife jumped on his case for spitting his tobacco juice on the sidewalk. She eventually got around to asking why he would tell "southern" redneck jokes when he fits the bill for the jokes he was telling. I thought they were funny and didn't take offense. I see how they live and how I live and think, let them have fun and enjoy their ghetto ways.

p.s. It is most effective if the term, "Bless his heart" is used after using profound adjectives to describer the person first.

Last edited by vindaloo; 04-23-2009 at 08:50 AM..

Old 04-23-2009, 04:48 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,320 times
Default Sup dude?

2mi....I'm guessing you live in or near the Highland Creek area.
If you deny the activity at C. Mills, you must be one of the thugs
or a want to be.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:58 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,462,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
2mi....I'm guessing you live in or near the Highland Creek area.
If you deny the activity at C. Mills, you must be one of the thugs
or a want to be.

Here we go again. Who left the door open?

Old 04-24-2009, 10:42 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post

Here we go again. Who left the door open?
I didn't. I even thought we turned off the lights.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:16 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,449,778 times
Interesting - In response to an increasing number of kids hanging out at the mall, Northlake has a new "Adult Supervision" Policy.

Quote:
Effective June 12, 2009

For the safety of our customers and retailers, individuals under the age of 18 visiting Northlake Mall after 5:00pm on Friday or Saturday evenings must be accompanied by a responsible adult 21 years of age or older.
FAQ (http://www.shopnorthlake.com/scc/24618.html - broken link)

Quote:
Rules of Conduct
To assure a safe and comfortable shopping experience, all customers are expected to follow our Rules of Conduct. Rules of Conduct are displayed on signage throughout the Center and are available at the Customer Service Center. Violators of this policy and/or the Rules of Conduct will be asked to leave and may be subject to expulsion, banning, arrest, and/or prosecution.
Rules of Conduct (http://www.shopnorthlake.com/scc/24578.html - broken link)

Old 06-14-2009, 08:46 AM

310 posts, read 672,367 times
I applaud Northlake Mall for this. I managed to keep my nose (relatively) clean in my younger teenage years; If the filth that is our next generations can't handle it then good riddance. Oh, and I'm all for more private citizens getting Conceal Carry Permits. And cops in their watchtower with .308 Winchester rifles. To me, these animals (you are how you act) that continually commit crimes have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're just going to keep on keepin on until we stop them. Now, I'm not advocating solving every problem with a gun, however, the more of these thugs that know we're getting armed (to the teeth in my case) and training with our weapons, the more hesitant they'll be to keep behaving like animals.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:40 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,652,237 times
Someone needs to do something with the people driving around the mall and on the perimiter roads. Oh my God! Does everyone go to the mall and leave their brain at home? Unnecessary U-Turns, driving the wrong way in one-way lanes. Left turns from right-turn only roads. I mean, it's really just one big circle. You can keep making lefts until you get to where you want to be.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:12 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,350,760 times
None of this would be a problem had it been built in open air streetfront format!
As for the Walmart , thats to be expected , given the bulls--- area of town its located in. Good luck on your endeavours!!

Old 07-28-2009, 09:56 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,462,346 times
Open air street front designs are a fad design and have two main flaws that will always hinder them:
1. They're highly susceptible to weather.
2. They're limited by parking. People want to park right in front of where they're going in...and there are inevitably a limited number of spots in front of every store front. At a mall, people are fine with parking at one spot and walking the whole distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte