Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 08:50 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,447,879 times

Advertisements

No not today....I'm sorry I should have followed up. The search is going to continue but today was an unproductive day in terms of finding a new family member.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 08:53 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,027,604 times
That's okay. When you find the right one...(or they find you) you will know it.

wait a minute...that sounds kind'a familiar....where have I heard that before??

Old 12-31-2008, 09:06 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,890,481 times
Please don't limit yourself to Charlotte shelters. I adopted Max, a stray golden mix, who happened to "visit" my employer's parking lot in Lancaster. They have a high kill shelter and have many adorable dogs. I'd adopt another if I could afford to but Max sheds enough as it is. He is the most mellow dog I've owned...the kids have remarked that they can't even imagine coming into the house without him being around. I've had all kinds...lhasas, a shih tzu (high maintenance coat though but extremely sweet, a true lap dog!), a yellow lab (too hyper for us!), and now Max. Keep us posted and post pics!

Old 01-01-2009, 04:41 PM

1,808 posts, read 6,493,007 times
Charlotte Mecklenburg Animal Care and Control will be having an adoption day inside SouthPark Mall this Saturday from 10-4. I will be volunteering there in the afternoon if you are interested in adopting a dog from the shelter.

I believe someone already posted the link, but here it is again: Animal Care + Control (http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Animal+Control/Home.htm - broken link)

Old 03-21-2009, 11:06 AM

110 posts, read 375,434 times
On saturdays local Petsmart's usually have rescues available for adoption and they ususally have a nice range in size of dogs available. Good luck on your search.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:40 PM

311 posts, read 915,436 times
you said no miniature breeds, but this isn't a "little" dog so i don't think it counts! i have an austrailan shepherd mix, mostly with the aussie personality.. and we think he's a mini aussie b/c he's only about 40ish pounds. he's the perfect size and he's the greatest, loyalest, friendliest dog ever. we got him from a humane society.. so i don't know where you could pick one up, but aussie's are great if you can hunt one down!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte